Welcome Brad Ezewiro!

• crymdg2 changed the title to Welcome Brad Ezewiro!
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he have a waiver in hand?

Or does he sit next season?

Interesting comments on 24/7 Sports: 

“They want to use me at the top of the key doing hand offs, pick and rolls, pick and pops, bring the ball up, and get out in transition,”he said.” I don’t have to play with my back to the basket anymore and I can just get it out and go. I have the chance to really excel in a fast pace offense that coach Ford likes to run.”

Ezewiro continued: “Now I get to show my versatility, shooting, and finishing around the rim. I’m looking to become a better all around player and winner at St. Louis. This year I’m ready to win a conference championship. I’m willing to do anything the team needs me to do.”

billiken_roy likes this

27 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

They want to use me at the top of the key doing hand offs, pick and rolls, pick and pops, bring the ball up, and get out in transition,”he said.” I don’t have to play with my back to the basket anymore and I can just get it out and go. I have the chance to really excel in a fast pace offense that coach Ford likes to run.”

Ezewiro continued: “Now I get to show my versatility, shooting, and finishing around the rim. I’m looking to become a better all around player and winner at St. Louis. This year I’m ready to win a conference championship. I’m willing to do anything the team needs me to do.”

Good lord, whyyyyy

1 hour ago, Aquinas said:

He looks like a bully ball player and I like it!

I believe  Ford is looking for impact players for this year.

He has to. This year is it.

My hopes are not high; if there is one season for us to actually OVERPERFORM, rather than the usual underperform.. this is it. Tournament or bust.

SLU_Nick and cheeseman like this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

“They want to use me at the top of the key doing hand offs, pick and rolls, pick and pops, bring the ball up, and get out in transition,”he said.” I don’t have to play with my back to the basket anymore and I can just get it out and go. I have the chance to really excel in a fast pace offense that coach Ford likes to run.”

He looks like the big, physical post man we need to bang and grab boards.  Lol I hope none of the above is true…

BilliesBy40 and HoosierPal like this

42 minutes ago, wgstl said:

It’s very easy to get a waiver when a coach is fired. Not worried about that at all. 

Depends on how sincere the NCAA is on their new transfer waiver rules, effective for the 23/24 season.  They specially now include coaching changes as not an acceptable reason for a waiver.  Now, how serious are they?  Stay tuned, but I am putting an * by Ezewario on the roster until he gets the waiver. 

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Depends on how sincere the NCAA is on their new transfer waiver rules, effective for the 23/24 season.  They specially now include coaching changes as not an acceptable reason for a waiver.  Now, how serious are they?  Stay tuned, but I am putting an * by Ezewario on the roster until he gets the waiver. 

His coach was fired.  So thinking SLU did their due diligence and he will be eligible.

9 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

His coach was fired.  So thinking SLU did their due diligence and he will be eligible.

Coaching change is specifically listed as a reason that an undergraduate transfer waiver will be denied

on the other hand, the first reason given to allow waivers to be considered is for reasons related to the student-athlete’s physical or mental health and well-being. If a player claims it’s for his mental health, how can anyone argue otherwise?  Sounds like a loophole big enough to drive a supertanker through. 

From what I can tell, he played 1 year at LSU and 1 year at Georgetown, should have 2 years of eligibility left

gabriel likes this

13 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Coaching change is specifically listed as a reason that an undergraduate transfer waiver will be denied

on the other hand, the first reason given to allow waivers to be considered is for reasons related to the student-athlete’s physical or mental health and well-being. If a player claims it’s for his mental health, how can anyone argue otherwise?  Sounds like a loophole big enough to drive a supertanker through. 

From what I can tell, he played 1 year at LSU and 1 year at Georgetown, should have 2 years of eligibility left

This was an argument I made when those guidelines came out.  In today’s atmosphere, how can you argue against a player saying his/her/their current situation is bad for his/her/their mental health??   You can’t without your university getting essentially canceled.  It would be tantamount to your school not releasing a player from a NLI after a coach leaving (ie Brock Vice). 

31 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

In today’s culture you need to be very careful about mental health issues. If you rubber stamp anyone who puts a check mark in that box, without medical foundation, then you are minimizing those with true cases, such as our TJ Hargrove. But if you miss on a true case, that is also a huge problem. 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

In today’s culture you need to be very careful about mental health issues. If you rubber stamp anyone who puts a check mark in that box, without medical foundation, then you are minimizing those with true cases, such as our TJ Hargrove. But if you miss on a true case, that is also a huge problem. 

While I agree there will be those exaggerate mental health issues for their own devices when it comes to transfers, what “medical foundation” is there that can prove mental health issues?  Anxiety, depression, etc. shows up on no blood tests, scans, or any other objective form. It’s all subjective.  Mental health issues are 100% real and need to be taken seriously, but there’s no way to challenge any student athlete that is using that to take advantage of a transfer waiver.  If a player claims they are having mental health issues at their current school, they will be granted a waiver.  The ncaa knew that when they added that stipulation.  

The simplest loophole in the portal rule is....

If the previous school signs a waiver releasing the student from the school....that's it...no physical  or mental reasons needed....no exigent circumstances...no disabilities necessary.   In many cases the new coach doesn't want the old players.  The NCAA rule about 2 transfers  gives the school the right to hold on to the player if they want by not signing a waiver...but would you want a player who doesn't want to play for you.   And if you did block the player guess what kind of list your school  would be on.  The list that says you ain't getting no more transfers. The players know this before they go into the portal and check with the school before they file for the portal....The recruiting coaches know this before they go after a player so they don't waste their time. The NCAA knows this and looks the other way.  The only ones that don't know this are some MBMs.

The 2 transfer rule is just more window gloss for a fading, antiquated NCAA.

Guy scored 116 points in 27 games ..... 19 in the one game against Providence.  Sorry gang, just not impressed and given the 'top of the key/pick and roll' comment, looks like the Ford offense all over again with another promise to run.  We shall see.  We got an unknown from the Continent, a bench warmer from Oklahoma, and teo guys off arguably two of the worst teams in NCAAQ basketball last year.  Why aren't I excited?