Welcome Tim Dalger

21 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Allllriiiiiight. Love this pick up for the Belikins.

Just 3 responses in 2 hours!?! Truly hope Timothy doesn't switch to St. Bonaventure after seeing this thread 😟

I think SVB decommited a couple hours ago because of one bad post on this board. 🙄
I am guessing we outbid StB and Rhody for  Dalger. So he likely can take a bruised ego for the money. 

What a dream come true, I have been hoping so badly to land (checks notes) Tim Dalger and (checks again) Staf van Bussel ever since I learned about both of them over the past 24 hours I mean through the years of being massive fans of both of them. I certainly do not know much about either of these guys (which means nothing as I do not know most of the guys fan bases across the country are salivating over), but welcome aboard! On paper I like the three additions this spring as far as roster fit (wish we didn't lose Vice, but I think I saw a headline that he was headed for bankruptcy, so buzz off) and am looking forward to seeing how we finalize the roster. With the transfer portal I just have to trust the coaches, so if we add these kids, I am happy.

While I am glad that players have the ability to transfer and play immediately, the transfer portal has to really suck for non elite high school recruits who would typically be the recipients of additional attention as programs tried to finalize their roster in the spring. Hopefully things normalize a bit after the number of players with the free COVID year continues to dwindle.

He did 2 years of JC and 2 at Tulsa. I have not seen anything specific about years of eligibility. Tulsa listed him as a Forward and given our situation, I think it is safe to assume he will play the 4 for us. Looks like he is boxing out in the picture below. 

Dalger_Tim and Betson_Brandon(23)

DirtyRican likes this

17 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

all i needed to see. thanks! 

One thing is certain, he can dunk over a trashcan.

I am happy to see us land a starter quality player. We need rebiunding and sciring from that position and we should have minutes for several players if coach Ford let’s them run and be a high scoring team. We need to score more points off steals

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2023 at 2:34 PM, Aquinas said:

He did 2 years of JC and 2 at Tulsa. I have not seen anything specific about years of eligibility. Tulsa listed him as a Forward and given our situation, I think it is safe to assume he will play the 4 for us. Looks like he is boxing out in the picture below. 

Dalger_Tim and Betson_Brandon(23)

Here is what is written on the Billiken roster page:  https://slubillikens.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/tim-dalger/12376

Previous
• Played two seasons at Independence (Kansas) Community College, including the 2020-21 campaign that did not count against his collegiate eligibility.