Welcome Stef van Bussel

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From his Leverkusen profile:

FROM LIMBURG TO THE RHINE: STEF VAN BUSSEL

Stef Van Bussel is new on the Rhine. Just like Nino Vrencken before him, the 2.08 meter tall board player is moving from the Limburg Basketball Academy to Leverkusen. Van Bussel is a Dutch Under-18 international and word of his talent hasn't just spread in the Netherlands. Stef is not only planned for the squad of BAYER GIANTS, but also for men ll (1. Regionalliga West) and the NBBL.

His new U19 coach Jacques Schneider sees him as an important reinforcement: "Stef will play a similar role in the NBBL as Nino Vrencken did before, he should become an important performer for us. In the men's ll he will also receive minutes and train with the ProA squad. He received a good basic education in Limburg and we want to give him the opportunity to improve on the various gaming platforms. I am very much looking forward to working with him and I am sure that he will enrich our program.”

In the summer of 22', Van Bussel played for the Dutch U18 national team at the B-EM in Ploiesti (Romania), scoring an average of 4.1 points and picking up 5.9 rebounds per game. The board player scored his first and only "double-double" against Romania in the "match for 7th place" (ten points and just as many collected rebounds). 

Leverkusen is looking forward to its new Power Forward!

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

From his Leverkusen profile:

FROM LIMBURG TO THE RHINE: STEF VAN BUSSEL

Stef Van Bussel is new on the Rhine. Just like Nino Vrencken before him, the 2.08 meter tall board player is moving from the Limburg Basketball Academy to Leverkusen. Van Bussel is a Dutch Under-18 international and word of his talent hasn't just spread in the Netherlands. Stef is not only planned for the squad of BAYER GIANTS, but also for men ll (1. Regionalliga West) and the NBBL.

His new U19 coach Jacques Schneider sees him as an important reinforcement: "Stef will play a similar role in the NBBL as Nino Vrencken did before, he should become an important performer for us. In the men's ll he will also receive minutes and train with the ProA squad. He received a good basic education in Limburg and we want to give him the opportunity to improve on the various gaming platforms. I am very much looking forward to working with him and I am sure that he will enrich our program.”

In the summer of 22', Van Bussel played for the Dutch U18 national team at the B-EM in Ploiesti (Romania), scoring an average of 4.1 points and picking up 5.9 rebounds per game. The board player scored his first and only "double-double" against Romania in the "match for 7th place" (ten points and just as many collected rebounds). 

Leverkusen is looking forward to its new Power Forward!

I wonder what their definition Power Forward might be.  From the video, he appears to have Okoro type range, 5 feet and in.

Dang I was hoping to come here and see the extreme takes about a guy we didn't know existed 2 hours ago. Eventually he'll either be "exactly what we need and the savior" or he'll be "another wasted euro big man who won't last 3 months on campus". 

I hope our entire front court is foreign. 

10 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Dang I was hoping to come here and see the extreme takes about a guy we didn't know existed 2 hours ago. Eventually he'll either be "exactly what we need and the savior" or he'll be "another wasted euro big man who won't last 3 months on campus". 

I hope our entire front court is foreign. 

Harrison hopefully changes it but under Ford international players have been huge busts in one way or another. Like, every single one. 

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Harrison hopefully changes it but under Ford international players have been huge busts in one way or another. Like, every single one. 

We really did not have that many. Some may have been good like Cissee, given a chance.

I did like Linnsen. I think he provided a nice unique role.

35 minutes ago, brianstl said:

His new U19 coach Jacques Schneider sees him as an important reinforcement: "Stef will play a similar role in the NBBL as Nino Vrencken did before.....”

Just like ol' Nino.

5d0.gif.e04c0b851a3b7a0f97fb23fdb1c3e10f.gif

VeniceMenace likes this

10 minutes ago, MusicCityBilliken said:

We really did not have that many. Some may have been good like Cissee, given a chance.

I did like Linnsen. I think he provided a nice unique role.

5 or 6

not including transfers, just HS recruits