New Assistant Coach

slufan13

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

This would be an unbelievable development. A wild and hilarious moment where an assistant coaching hire was manifested out of thin air by a fan base.

If it is him, there is more to it than that.  We'll see.

2 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Its hard to tell who it is because those close to the program these days think that any criticism makes you a bad fan and that we should be excited about everything. My guesses at the new coach(es?) ranked from most to least likely

1. Larry Hughes

2. Jamal Walker

3. Brooks Ford 

4. Blake Ahearn

5. Yuri Collins

6. Justin Tatum 

7. MB73

8. Frank Cusumano

9. Jordair Jett

10. BIGBILLFAN

As of right now there’s only ONE  person close to the program on this board that post and I’ve never seen him say anything about bad fans or being excited about anything. 

12 minutes ago, DOC said:

As of right now there’s only ONE  person close to the program on this board that post and I’ve never seen him say anything about bad fans or being excited about anything. 

You gotta get out more. There’s a handful of alumni who have been quick to come to the defense of the program direction: Claggs and Larry Hughes being the most prominent. I’d throw in TRob but dude is the BVF caretaker, so I get it. 

Hughes has been the most recent. Absolutely insane to tell people they aren’t real fans if  they are critical in any way towards the program.

12 minutes ago, DOC said:

Two people close to the program posted in this very thread in the last 14 hours.

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

You gotta get out more. There’s a handful of alumni who have been quick to come to the defense of the program direction: Claggs and Larry Hughes being the most prominent. I’d throw in TRob but dude is the BVF caretaker, so I get it. 

Hughes has been the most recent. Absolutely insane to tell people they aren’t real fans if  they are critical in any way towards the program.

I get it from Larry.  His kid is on the team.  

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

I would understand it if it was just preaching patience, but he took it too far essentially mocking fans. Telling them not to show up, etc. 

That is exactly how parents of kids on a team react.  I know he played in the NBA and is basketball royalty in this town, but damn the dude is still human and a dad.

billiken_roy likes this

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

That is exactly how parents of kids on a team react.  I know he played in the NBA and is basketball royalty in this town, but damn the dude is still human and a dad.

Then he needs to log off Twitter. Nothing good comes from going back and forth with fans.

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Then he needs to log off Twitter. Nothing good comes from going back and forth with fans.

The only thing worse than parents getting into it with fan bases on twitter is parents creating accounts on fan message boards. It never is going to end well. 

brianstl likes this

34 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Two people close to the program posted in this very thread in the last 14 hours.

and both are known influential boosters.  

brianstl and Adman like this

the fact both billikenswin and billiken bob both said in their posts, "Everyone will be very happy with our new assistant." tells me it has to me a popular name we would all be very familiar with and happy about.  that's why i believe it will be a former player.   not a coach or assistant coach from somewhere else.   

TheA_Bomb likes this

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I said there was nobody that post here except the One that was close to the program. I didn’t know Hughes and Claggs post here. Appreciate the clarification. 

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

Up until today have either of them given us anything that would tell you they are close to the program? If they have then of course I’m wrong. 

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I would understand it if it was just preaching patience, but he took it too far essentially mocking fans. Telling them not to show up, etc. 

He directed his comments to a select few, people who constantly complain. 

I can't find it, but earlier today I saw the job listing for the Assistant Coach position.  I was going to apply until it said 'coaching experience required.'  I don't think by 5th grade CYC hoops coaching gig was what they meant.  

Anyway, if it is a past player, this would not be their first coaching job.

15 minutes ago, DOC said:

Up until today have either of them given us anything that would tell you they are close to the program? If they have then of course I’m wrong. 

1) The people mentioned in this thread as insiders are not Hughes and Claggett.

2) I’ve heard/know who one of the two posters is, and they would be in a position to know what’s going on with the program

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

the fact both billikenswin and billiken bob both said in their posts, "Everyone will be very happy with our new assistant." tells me it has to me a popular name we would all be very familiar with and happy about.  that's why i believe it will be a former player.   not a coach or assistant coach from somewhere else.   

Thank you Roy, but if you reread my post you will notice that I purposely did not say that everyone would be happy.  I said that TRUE Billiken fans will be.  I am convinced that there is an element on here that do not really root for the Billikens and their postings here on this Board keep me from posting more often. There are some people here that absolutely hate Chris May and/or Travis so much that I don't think anything will please them.

7 minutes ago, Billiken Bob said:

Thank you Roy, but if you reread my post you will notice that I purposely did not say that everyone would be happy.  I said that TRUE Billiken fans will be.  I am convinced that there is an element on here that do not really root for the Billikens and their postings here on this Board keep me from posting more often. There are some people here that absolutely hate Chris May and/or Travis so much that I don't think anything will please them.

So a hire's been made, but not announced? I don't really care about the announcement, I just want to know that we've got a full group recruiting transfers right now.