Brock Vice de-commits

46 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

Kind of a funny story regarding Vice. After the final home game vs Dayton, they always let friends, family and fans on the court to meet and get pictures with the players.  Anyone that knows or has met my 10 year old knows he's basketball crazy. NBA encyclopedia, SLU stats before he was born, he knows everything.  I told him he should go introduce himself to Medley and Vice since they'd be the future of the program.  He goes over,  sticks his hand out to Vice,  and introduces himself.  He comes back with a sour look on his face and said,  "That guy is a bum. He didn't even speak a word to me."

Fast forward to a month ago when I told him he de-committed, he was instantly saying how it's better for us, he's a bum, etc. I tried explaining the Billikens.com "he's a tool" thing to my wife and how awesome it was my son was doing it without even knowing it. She looked at me unimpressed and called me a tool.

Kids are often the best judge of someone’s character. They call it like it is.  Props to your son on a good call. 

crymdg2 likes this

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, aj_arete said:

My question is...What Have You Done For Me Lately?

All I know is Harriman was part of a hideous Cal team last year.  To get excited about him, I'd like to know what bigs he's developed since Ellis and Loe.  Have any made the NBA... top levels of Europe... Australia... or G League?

I don't know, but maybe someone has done the research.

We have a head coach on the hot seat in a crappy conference. Who did you all expect to take this job? Not only did we get a top-notch assistant, but we also have a guy who wants to be here and thinks it is a special place to live, play and go to school. Cal sucked, but he got head coaching experience and will help Ford with in-game coaching, where he struggles.

JMM28 and Dr Bird like this

1 hour ago, crymdg2 said:

Kind of a funny story regarding Vice. After the final home game vs Dayton, they always let friends, family and fans on the court to meet and get pictures with the players.  Anyone that knows or has met my 10 year old knows he's basketball crazy. NBA encyclopedia, SLU stats before he was born, he knows everything.  I told him he should go introduce himself to Medley and Vice since they'd be the future of the program.  He goes over,  sticks his hand out to Vice,  and introduces himself.  He comes back with a sour look on his face and said,  "That guy is a bum. He didn't even speak a word to me."

Fast forward to a month ago when I told him he de-committed, he was instantly saying how it's better for us, he's a bum, etc. I tried explaining the Billikens.com "he's a tool" thing to my wife and how awesome it was my son was doing it without even knowing it. She looked at me unimpressed and called me a tool.

-your son should either be the new hire as assistant coach or at the least the staff should involve him in recruiting