Brock Vice de-commits

48 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

The threat of negative recruiting is still there too. I first wondered why schools released anyone from NLI...but I imagine it's a big turn-off for recruits to learn they can't get out of it if their circumstances change. 

Sorry read to quickly I thought it said NIL not NLI - my bad

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is the way of the NCAA now, then why would we not scour the recruits who have signed with lower conference teams, find guys who signed at a lower level and then blew up high school or AAU ball since signing, and go after them?  If the NLI doesn't mean anything, then lets recruit right off of other teams signees.

10 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

If this is the way of the NCAA now, then why would we not scour the recruits who have signed with lower conference teams, find guys who signed at a lower level and then blew up high school or AAU ball since signing, and go after them?  If the NLI doesn't mean anything, then lets recruit right off of other teams signees.

I thought that is what people were saying when the said they want Cuonzo Martin😜

9 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

If this is the way of the NCAA now, then why would we not scour the recruits who have signed with lower conference teams, find guys who signed at a lower level and then blew up high school or AAU ball since signing, and go after them?  If the NLI doesn't mean anything, then lets recruit right off of other teams 

I think it’s called tampering. I’m still a little surprised Turnbull did not enter the portal. Isn’t Butler loaded in the bigs department? 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I think it’s called tampering. I’m still a little surprised Turnbull did not enter the portal. Isn’t Butler loaded in the bigs department? 

With this new era of free agency (and NIL), will they even bother (or care) to enforce tampering? Seems like it's wide open, anything goes now.

cgeldmacher likes this

5 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

With this new era of free agency (and NIL), will they even bother (or care) to enforce tampering? Seems like it's wide open, anything goes now.

Yeah thats part of the reason why I don't buy the theory that we are waiting to officially hire the new assistant(s?) just so that they can recruit without restrictions. Everyone can recruit however they want these days. Like maybe that is our reasoning but it doesn't really matter anymore. The NCAA will punish one program a year with a slap on the wrist 

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

Yeah thats part of the reason why I don't buy the theory that we are waiting to officially hire the new assistant(s?) just so that they can recruit without restrictions. Everyone can recruit however they want these days. Like maybe that is our reasoning but it doesn't really matter anymore. The NCAA will punish one program a year with a slap on the wrist 

quote-the-ncaa-is-so-mad-at-kentucky-the

6 hours ago, White Pelican said:

Rhode Island currently has an assistant, Kenny Johnson, who is actively tampering with players all over. Kenny currently is on a multiple year show cause from his recruiting violations at Louisville. I doubt anything happens to him though. 

6 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Rhode Island currently has an assistant, Kenny Johnson, who is actively tampering with players all over. Kenny currently is on a multiple year show cause from his recruiting violations at Louisville. I doubt anything happens to him though. 

Kingston, RI is punishment enough. 

thetorch likes this

Don't know how up to date this is ..24/7 Sports lists interest level with Creighton as Cool .. they have a big transfer signed. 

Other schools they list as offered

Appalachian State, Belmont,Radford,Tulsa,Jacksonville,East Tennessee State, Central Arkansas.  Could be others , but all listed as cool. Wisconsin listed , but not offered .

Pretty quiet , who knows may Harriman visits with him.

1 hour ago, BLIKNS said:

Don't know how up to date this is ..24/7 Sports lists interest level with Creighton as Cool .. they have a big transfer signed. 

Appalachian State, Belmont,Radford,Tulsa,Jacksonville,East Tennessee State, Central Arkansas.  Could be others , but all listed as cool. Wisconsin listed , but not offered .

Our town’s and Bluejay star Ryan Kalkbrenner declared for the draft. With the usual ‘retain my eligibility’. They may need a big. 

3 hours ago, BLIKNS said:

Wondering the same thing perhaps Harriman can re-recruit him. He does have big experience with Loe and Ellis.

On 4/26/2023 at 6:47 PM, Basketbill said:

Wondering the same thing perhaps Harriman can re-recruit him. He does have big experience with Loe and Ellis.

My question is...What Have You Done For Me Lately?

All I know is Harriman was part of a hideous Cal team last year.  To get excited about him, I'd like to know what bigs he's developed since Ellis and Loe.  Have any made the NBA... top levels of Europe... Australia... or G League?

I don't know, but maybe someone has done the research.