Brock Vice de-commits

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its unlikely, but can't we just say "No."  I get the arguments about not wanting a kid to play somewhere he doesn't want to be, but if every kid gets let out of their commitments every time they ask, then commitments to a school don't mean anything.

4 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I know its unlikely, but can't we just say "No."  I get the arguments about not wanting a kid to play somewhere he doesn't want to be, but if every kid gets let out of their commitments every time they ask, then commitments to a school don't mean anything.

The phrasing of his statement almost sounds like SLU is trying to say no and he's going public with the request. But the phrasing also makes it seem like he could still end up here. 

Just now, slufan13 said:

The phrasing of his statement almost sounds like SLU is trying to say no and he's going public with the request. But the phrasing also makes it seem like he could still end up here. 

"I want a kid who wants to be here.”

How often have you seen a de-commit re-commit? 

Forte finally delivers on a couple recruits and 1 de-commits.  Is CJ Noland on de-commit watch now?

Probably de-committed because of negative message board posters.  He'll end up at a School with really positive fans. 

SLU made more sense for Vice when his family was living in Germantown.  Short trip to SLU for the family to watch him and easy drives or flights to watch him at road games at other A10 schools.  SLU is harder sell when the family is living in Vegas.  

1 minute ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Maybe all the Ford haters finally convinced him he could do better??? Be proud of your efforts, they certainly didn't hurt...

He didn’t de-commit because people don’t like the coach. Even the strongest voices aren’t tweeting at recruits “the coach sucks don’t play for him.” 

He spelled it out in his graphic when he explicitly thanked Phil Forte why he’s leaving. Brock is close with Forte, and he’s no longer here. Apologies that doesn’t fit your narrative, but it’s the truth. 

JMM28 and Ironbills like this

3 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

He didn’t de-commit because people don’t like the coach. Even the strongest voices aren’t tweeting at recruits “the coach sucks don’t play for him.” 

He spelled it out in his graphic when he explicitly thanked Phil Forte why he’s leaving. Brock is close with Forte, and he’s no longer here. Apologies that doesn’t fit your narrative, but it’s the truth. 

Ha I put that dude on ignore, such a  predictable response.  Not because the dude that recruited him left just some internet chatter.

If Forte is at UNT, Waxahachie is much closer to Denton than St. Louis. Also Denton is on the drive south from Norman past Winstar on the left.  Better check on CJ.