WBB how much did the women’s team get making NCAA for first time

3 hours ago, GOSLU68 said:

Money for the women’s program? Will they also go to a preseason tournament? Will they have NIL money for recruits or retainees?

Not sure how the NCAA money for women is divided. In theory, there is no restriction on what money goes to which athletes, if Troy wanted he could give all the money the BVF gets to just the members of the women’s field hockey team..

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

women’s field hockey team

Love and support them, but aside from Title IX, I have no earthly idea why we have a FH team. It always struck me as an coastal sport. 

3 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Love and support them, but aside from Title IX, I have no earthly idea why we have a FH team. It always struck me as a coastal sport. 

I have no idea, there don’t seem to be many other colleges with Field Hockey teams within 500 miles. But, we have them, so I hope they have success.

I read an article about a Field Hockey player somewhere in North Carolina who did get substantial NIL money, apparently she was really good, and when NIL opened up, manufacturers of Field Hockey equipment were giving her lots of money to advertise their gear. Not saying I expect the BVF fund to ever give money to a Field Hockey player, but legally speaking any college athlete is eligible regardless of sport.

6 hours ago, GOSLU68 said:

Money for the women’s program? Will they also go to a preseason tournament? Will they have NIL money for recruits or retainees?

Zero.

NCAA money for women does not get divvied up like the mens tourney.

billikenfan05 likes this