2023 Myrtle Beach Invitational - Who's Going

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

They can do what they want with the schedule but for me they must still compete for a NCAA bid.  The number of wins were never the key metric that some wanted to make it.  If you are not competing for a bid then you are just playing games.

I don’t disagree but I think this is the best way to compete for an NCAA bid this year. 
Scheduling tough and then losing those games isn’t going to help anything. 
With basically a new team I think this is their best route to the tournament.

Take the non conference to learn to play with each other and learn to win together.  Gear up for a run at a conference title and number 1 seed in the conference tournament.

This team is going to go into the season with no national hype making it an uphill battle to get an at large even with a good non conference schedule.

I’m onboard with a softer schedule in the hopes it prepares them for a run at the conference title. 

CenHudDude and DOC like this

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

They can do what they want with the schedule but for me they must still compete for a NCAA bid.  The number of wins were never the key metric that some wanted to make it.  If you are not competing for a bid then you are just playing games.

I believe the only way any A10 team gets in to the NCAA tournament is to win the conference tournament. The A10 has sunk to the level of a one bid league.

Schasz likes this

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

I believe the only way any A10 team gets in to the NCAA tournament is to win the conference tournament. The A10 has sunk to the level of a one bid league.

Could be but either way you have to be good enough to compete one way or the other - Tourney champ or at large.

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

I’m not convinced of this. With the transfer portal all 15 teams have a chance to improve their teams from this year.  NIL does make it difficult for some of the teams with fewer resources though is understood.  Still the A-10 should be able to get at least one at large in addition to the auto bid most years.  Let’s see how every team Re-loads in the months ahead.

Billikenbooster likes this

This is a fine tournament. There aren't really any teams in here that are exciting but probably some A10 caliber teams here so could be a nice tune up before January. It could also be a way to get a few Q2 wins and maybe even a Q1 win. Downside is that these types of tournaments are one of the few ways you can get games with power conference teams and this won't give us that. This isn't really an exciting tournament but I think it's a nice opportunity to play some stronger mid major type teams. 

At the end of the day, you just have to win and win by a lot. Much of our problem last year in regards to the NET was our inability to put teams away. 

15 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

At the end of the day, you just have to win and win by a lot. Much of our problem last year in regards to the NET was our inability to put teams away. 

Been a problem for a couple of years now. Also, I’m having trouble recalling games where we came from behind to win. 

• 1 month later...