2023 Myrtle Beach Invitational - Who's Going

Not me

0tl4DIaZ_normal.jpg

NEWS: The field for the 2023 Myrtle Beach Invitational is set, according to multiple sources. Coastal Carolina College of Charleston Furman Liberty Saint Louis Vermont Wichita State Wyoming #CollegeBasketball #MyrtleBeach

https://twitter.com/RoccoMiller8/status/1644118372253040640?s=20

We are following the Fordham scheduling plan.  Can't wait for us to be on the CBI Bubble.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the area well. For 16 years I had a condo in the Porcher Ave area.

They probably will be playing in the Convention Center-in the downtown area (seen Clemson play Coastal Carolina play in the Convention Center years ago). Used to have a big HS tourney over Christmas called the Beach Ball Classic that was also played in the Convention Center. 

I should be able to make it.

BTW: Lots of good seafood especially around the Merrells Inlet area.

thatskablamo likes this

Got a pretty good corporate rate through work ($114 a night at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Oceanfront) if anyone needs me to book them a room. It ain’t the Knights Inn, but it will do. Maybe we should do a round of golf in between? Some fantastic tracks down in Myrtle. 

Welcome to the 2023 Myrtle Beach (Mid-Major) Invitational.  While I've never been to the Carolinas and am sure Myrtle Beach is a nice place, read it lies in the middle of a 60 mile long beach, the entire field at this tourney consists of mid-majors (assuming that is what SLU now is).  Nary a Power 5 + 1 is in this exempt tourney.

This is the new normal. 

15 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Welcome to the 2023 Myrtle Beach (Mid-Major) Invitational.  While I've never been to the Carolinas and am sure Myrtle Beach is a nice place, read it lies in the middle of a 60 mile long beach, the entire field at this tourney consists of mid-majors (assuming that is what SLU now is).  Nary a Power 5 + 1 is in this exempt tourney.

This is the new normal. 

Over-reaction .... wait to complain until the rest of the OOC is announced.

6 minutes ago, Scoop said:

You’re not gonna get the field you want every year. Last year’s Myrtle Beach tournament was solid. This board can’t help but ***** at everything. I’ll be at the beach livin’ it up!

Lasts years wasnt supposed to be as good as it ended up being, 2 ncaa at large teams. Hopefully the same next. 

Side note....

Cliff Ellis is the Coach at Coastal Carolina...

Says he has.coached for 45 years, and is 2nd in wins for active coaches. , behind Huggins

5 minutes ago, willie said:

This is not who we should be. Dayton goes to Maui we go to mid major land. 

Fan support is a huge driver in this. We are low on that, it will take massive NCAAT success to offset that. 

21 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Over-reaction .... wait to complain until the rest of the OOC is announced.

Mine is hardly an “overreaction,” nor a complaint. The truth is neither. This is an all mid-major tournament, will not assist the NET. This is the new normal. 

We know next season is a rebuilding season, and the schedule will likely prudently and understandably be lighter than this past season. 

SLU_Nick likes this

37 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

This is the new normal. 

It isn’t the new normal for Davidson, Dayton, the Bonnies, Rhode Island, Loyola, VCU, and UMass.  They are all in far more attractive events with multiple P6 teams. I will bet the same will be true for Richmond and St. Joes.  

This is a deliberate decision by SLU to schedule down. Either because they don’t understand how the NET actually works or they are just looking to artificially inflate the victory total.

Bizziken, dlarry and JMM28 like this

8 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This is a deliberate decision by SLU to schedule down. Either because they don’t understand how the NET actually works or they are just looking to artificially inflate the victory total.

#justwin20

Only see info about  last year’s participants online but it appears as though this tournament is played the week before Thanksgiving?  My recollection of Myrtle Beach is that it’s the Daytona Beach of the Carolinas. A true redneck riviera if you will. Perhaps the wife and I leave the kids at home and party hard.