Cian Medley on FS1 right now

9 hours ago, slubillikens43 said:

Currently he’s probably smaller than Yuri 

So how do we deal with this - lifts?  Seriously, anybody smaller than Yuri will have real limitations.  Hopefully he understands these limitations and has other ways to adapt his game at the D1 level.  Part of Yuri's problems were that he kept driving among the trees and then would find himself with nowhere to go with the ball but to get it blocked.  I know this is wishful thinking but I really do miss a Jett type player - I know he was limited in his shooting but he could bull his way through those trees.

Can he dribble better and see the floor better- I liked Yuri but I was expecting to get a lot better at protecting the ball and stealing the ball. Too many times he got snuck up from behind

35 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I watched him last night. He looked a touch bigger than Yurimania. Good court awareness and careful with the rock. 

i like medley a lot.   we still need a portal point guard to start the year, but i could see where medley and young hughes could be fine manning the position very quickly.

The problem with a portal PG is that I good one will want the keys. And bringing someone in to play 30mpg is just telling Medley that he's not the guy, and Hughes that he's not valued. And to what end? To be 4th instead of 7th? Sooner or later the team needs a year where they can play young guys to see what they have. We can't continually bring in a project big and then watch him transfer every year after getting no run. If we had Traore right now, we'd be looking so much better. 

9 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

The problem with a portal PG is that I good one will want the keys. And bringing someone in to play 30mpg is just telling Medley that he's not the guy, and Hughes that he's not valued. 

if i was ford, i wouldnt get an all american point guard that will cost slu a new rolls royce.   i would look for that reliable back up point guard to start at the beginning of the season and then transistion in medley and hughes to take over by the first of the year.   two month "contract" that becomes third option by january.  kinda like that jones guy was a couple of years back. 

all my big bucks would be on the 6 or 7 guys i see as my main guys by march.    and if someone other than that rises up and deserves the same, get him more NiL money when you promote them to the regular rotation.   

1 hour ago, Crewsorlose said:

The problem with a portal PG is that I good one will want the keys. And bringing someone in to play 30mpg is just telling Medley that he's not the guy, and Hughes that he's not valued. And to what end? To be 4th instead of 7th? Sooner or later the team needs a year where they can play young guys to see what they have. We can't continually bring in a project big and then watch him transfer every year after getting no run. If we had Traore right now, we'd be looking so much better. 

HS recruits know things are different now with the portal. Cian was a huge Yuri fan, he knows Ford will give him the chance to do what Yuri did, but Cian also knows it may take a backup roll his first year to do that.