Gibson Jimerson Returning?

If Zhang even has a clue basketball wise, he will be useful simply because of his size. Legit 7 footers don’t grow on trees.  

But I agree with those saying we need to add an experienced big.  Ish Massoud from K State is in the portal.  More of a stretch 4 offensively that looked pretty good in their tourney run.  I’d love to see us reach out to him. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

maybe land that big pf to rebound and defend that could occasionaly play the 5 and  go 4 guards sort of french like

As much as we play our 5 away from the basket I would be ok with that. We may be stuck with that scenario , but I would take a Forrester right now. 

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

Ha! You must not follow the team very closely. We have at least four more scholarships still to give.

Three people in this very thread just suggested that the players i mentioned could average double figures.  That would put those three players in the rotation getting minutes.   I know they have roster spots available...I was there on Senior night,  two players I coached are leaving the program.  I was just seeing what kind of team the posters were envisioning with those 3 players in particular potentially averaging double figures with other spots to fill.  

27 minutes ago, DOC said:

Just curious because I don’t know. I’m surprised though that Vice and Momo would be that far ahead of Bruce. I do know we need an experienced big. 

I have no clue where vice and Bruce compare, I’ve seen a decent amount of tape on vice and he looks like he could maybe contribute. There’s virtually nothing on Bruce, so it’s a wildcard. Just saying the chances of 2 frosh centers being ready is not common. 

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

I have no clue where vice and Bruce compare, I’ve seen a decent amount of tape on vice and he looks like he could maybe contribute. There’s virtually nothing on Bruce, so it’s a wildcard. Just saying the chances of 2 frosh centers being ready is not common. 

I agree. We need some veteran depth bad at the 5. 

48 minutes ago, DOC said:

You’re already dismissing Bruce. Why?

Stop this. You're picking a fight...and you didn't even mention Brock Vice, are you dismissing him?

I've been saying Brock Vice looks D1 ready physically for at least 2 weeks now. I've also been saying Zhang will either be an unbelievable fine or another foreign Freshman big under Ford but I haven't seen enough of Bruce Zhang to write him IN.

Last year we were thin in the front court with 2 senior centers. How thin do you think we'll be with 2 freshmen and a raw sophomore?

2010andBeyond likes this

2 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Three people in this very thread just suggested that the players i mentioned could average double figures.  That would put those three players in the rotation getting minutes.   I know they have roster spots available...I was there on Senior night,  two players I coached are leaving the program.  I was just seeing what kind of team the posters were envisioning with those 3 players in particular potentially averaging double figures with other spots to fill.  

This is all dependent on the players we get, but I think it is far more likely only one of those three averages double figures (Jimerson), than all three.  

Heck, in the right situation, I think there is a chance that Yuri still returns. 

Bizziken likes this

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Stop this. You're picking a fight...and you didn't even mention Brock Vice, are you dismissing him?

I've been saying Brock Vice looks D1 ready physically for at least 2 weeks now. I've also been saying Zhang will either be an unbelievable fine or another foreign Freshman big under Ford but I haven't seen enough of Bruce Zhang to write him IN.

Last year we were thin in the front court with 2 senior centers. How thin do you think we'll be with 2 freshmen and a raw sophomore?

From talking to 'people who would know' I think that Bruce will be able to contribute next year more than Cisse, Traore, Diarra, etc over the past few seasons. I'd think a Jimmy Bell freshman season might be a floor expectation. Sophomore Ian Voyoukas as a ceiling? 

gabriel likes this

17 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

From talking to 'people who would know' I think that Bruce will be able to contribute next year more than Cisse, Traore, Diarra, etc over the past few seasons. I'd think a Jimmy Bell freshman season might be a floor expectation. Sophomore Ian Voyoukas as a ceiling? 

That would be excellent.....

57 minutes ago, brianstl said:

This is all dependent on the players we get, but I think it is far more likely only one of those three averages double figures (Jimerson), than all three.  

Heck, in the right situation, I think there is a chance that Yuri still returns. 

Yeah.  I agree.  Imo if the goal is to make the tournament and make noise I'd like the top three scorers be new additions.  

1 minute ago, Coach314 said:

Yeah.  I agree.  Imo if the goal is to make the tournament and make noise I'd like the top three scorers be new additions.  

Unless Gibson gets lupus those three newcomers would have to pretty damn good to be the top three scorers on the team.......

1 hour ago, JMM28 said:

That would be great! I would love if we could get a vet PF & C. Each to play with Zhang & Vice. 

I am feeling like we're very limited scholarship wise. I would love to see Hargrove polish his inside game up and play more of a combo 3/4 role if need be. 

Band Legend and Bizziken like this

4 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Hopefully we pick up guys that are good on both ends so Ford doesn’t play GJ all but 45 seconds every game… maybe have some fresher legs down the stretch.

DOC, willie and Coach314 like this

9 minutes ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

Hopefully we pick up guys that are good on both ends so Ford doesn’t play GJ all but 45 seconds every game… maybe have some fresher legs down the stretch.

Yes. We need defense on the perimeter. It was a huge weakness this year. GJ needs to play less and shoot more. 

1 hour ago, GOSLU68 said:

Anyone know if Gibson Jimerson is on a path to be the first basketball player to earn a PHD while playing for one school? 🏀

He may be a tenured professor, by the time he’s done playing. 

so doc, you arent a jimerson fan i take it?    because i think the jimerson no defense was an inaccurate assessment.  by year end i thought jimmerson was our best guard defender.   it sure as hell wasnt our all defensive team point guard that got torched by acey for almost 40 points.  

MB73 and BilliesBy40 like this