Fixing College Sports

I've been advocating the ideas stated in this article for years.  Glad that Notre Dame is trying to lead the charge to instituting some needed changes.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/notre-dame-administrators-call-for-creation-of-nfl-minor-league-and-elimination-of-nbas-one-and-done-rule-124404605.html

-while I agree with the sentiment, why would the NFL spend on a minor league when they already have a very good alternative in place at no cost/no liability? 

-as to the one and done, I believe a link to an artilce was posted on here that the prevailing thought is the NBA will eliminate in their next deal 

-and speaking of college sports, when's the last time anyone heard of APR or penalities from it?

JMM28 likes this

21 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-while I agree with the sentiment, why would the NFL spend on a minor league when they already have a very good alternative in place at no cost/no liability? 

-as to the one and done, I believe a link to an artilce was posted on here that the prevailing thought is the NBA will eliminate in their next deal 

-and speaking of college sports, when's the last time anyone heard of APR or penalities from it?

i remember the days when we sweated out the results of finals to see who wasnt going to pass. that was many years ago.

Billiken Rich likes this

I like the concept of an NFL minor league, I don’t see that happening because it would cause the NFL to fund it, which they will not do

I like the one and done going away, but I think tied to that the NCAA needs to also eliminate this whole thing about how if a player takes any money for playing a sport they are ineligible. In the age of NIL that makes no sense.