WGDT: NCAA Tournament Round 1 vs Tennessee

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Proud of this team and how they came together to win a conference championship. They just happened to be matched up with one of the top 2 WBB programs of all time. 

Gives them something to build from for next year.

They played them close in the first and third quarters.  Unfortunately, there are Four quarters.  The women have nothing to be ashamed of.  From being picked 12th in the conference to getting to play in their first NCAA tournament was a great achievement.  Hopefully they can build on this.  Well done Billikens! 

Lisa Stone had teams with better talent than this one.   What Tillett did with this team is pretty amazing.   She got her whole team, the transfers and the returnees to buy in.   I wish TF could have accomplished that.   Julia Martinez, if she comes back, may end up being one of the best in school history. 

I was not onboard with the Tillett hire but Year#1 was WAY better than i expected.  The team is establishing a culture for sure

Flowers showed she was elite today. 

Martinez sees the court better than anyone else on the team and has moxie.

Everyone else needs to improve to compete for playing time.  

Tillett needs to seriously raise the talent level.  I'm not impressed by the 2 juco signings.

kmbilliken likes this

That LSU win in the SEC Tournament was the thing that scared me the most. Felt like they finally got over the hump. Couldn't beat a ranked team all year and then picked off a top-5 team. And that was after getting better and better throughout the conference season. So yeah, after this result, it sure looks like they're one of the toughest outs in the Sweet 16.