WGDT: NCAA Tournament Round 1 vs Tennessee

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Disagree with that, we make shots, we're in this. 23% FG would sink anyone and they're making some of the same mistakes we are, at times.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

6 minutes ago, 2010andBeyond said:

Unfortunately that was the case in every game but one or two. Hopefully this is her last year. 

Pretty sure she's coming back. That's what Colin Suhre told us a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Well then are we ever going to have talent or are we just resigned to fouking stagnate? Parity in WBB fouking sucks

???

I didn't say we would never have talent. Nor that our shooting wasn't a problem.

I said the talent disparity on the floor right now is obvious. Rickea Jackson is a 1st round WNBA pick whenever she leaves college. Tennessee has 4- and 5-stars coming off the bench. The talent level is not even close.

13 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Disagree with that, we make shots, we're in this. 23% FG would sink anyone and they're making some of the same mistakes we are, at times.

Being able to shoot is a talent And they have been bad from 3 all season.  We, also, can’t keep up with them defensively. Tennessee has way more talent.

None of that takes away from the strides they made this season.  There is just a huge divide between the top and everyone else in WBB.  There just isn’t as much talent to go around as in the men’s game.  

4 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Flowers is an elite player.  I think any team in the country would love to have had her this year.  Unfortunately, she’s the only one doing anything for us right now.

And our inability to hit from outside takes away from how effective Flowers could be.

4 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Well then are we ever going to have talent or are we just resigned to fouking stagnate? Parity in WBB fouking sucks

Chill they got worn down by 1 of the most storied programs in WBB that has been to every NCAA Tournament ever on their home court, in our first ever appears. 

There is a talent gap.  There wasn't a hustle gap and that kept them in the game for a while. 

28 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

She is a high volume shooter. If she isn’t hitting her shots, she is a liability on the court.

Sit KM and run plays for Clegg.  She and Brooke are the only two who are not totally freaked out by the big stage. 

6 minutes ago, Pistol said:

???

I didn't say we would never have talent. Nor that our shooting wasn't a problem.

I said the talent disparity on the floor right now is obvious. Rickea Jackson is a 1st round WNBA pick whenever she leaves college. Tennessee has 4- and 5-stars coming off the bench. The talent level is not even close.

They really need to lower the scholarship limit in the women’s game to 13.  That would somewhat spread out the talent more.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

They really need to lower the scholarship limit in the women’s game to 13.  That would somewhat spread out the talent more.

Hard to do if you have a football team, you need all the scholarships for women you can get to balance out the 85 from a football team and not get in Title IX trouble

10 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Chill they got worn down by 1 of the most storied programs in WBB that has been to every NCAA Tournament ever on their home court, in our first ever appears. 

There is a talent gap.  There wasn't a hustle gap and that kept them in the game for a while. 

Hard to chill when people will just forget about the team after this. The women have found more consistent success than the men and we struggle to get people to games.

2 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Hard to chill when people will just forget about the team after this. The women have found more consistent success than the men and we struggle to get people to games.

I don't follow the logic of the argument you're making or how these points are connected. 

Flowers passed Lobo on All time block list.  Years ago when WBB Final 4 was in STL.  I saw Lobo stumblin' outside a bar on the Landing.  I said "that's Rebecca Lobo " person I was with said "No way."  So I shouted out, "Lobo!" She turned smiled and gave me a peace sign as she stumbled off toward the Mississippi.   Cool story right. 

RamJAMTIME likes this