OT: USMNT Call Up for CONCACAF Nations League

4 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Any chance he may want to transfer next year to finish out his career in his home town?

Between Parker, Hiebert, and Nilsson (assuming he comes back well from injury), we’ve already got three good MLS CBs. If we qualify for Champions League, may have enough minutes.  Ream is playing the best soccer of his life though, doubt he goes somewhere he doesn’t get major minutes. I doubt he leaves Fulham honestly. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty significant announcement.

Breaking, huge news for United States. Arsenal star Folarin Balogun has finally decided to represent USMNT — he will switch allegiance to USA. #USMNT Balogun took his time but the decision has been made. No England; he will represent USA. Official soon. Here we go. 
majerus mojo likes this

14 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Pretty significant announcement.

Breaking, huge news for United States. Arsenal star Folarin Balogun has finally decided to represent USMNT — he will switch allegiance to USA. #USMNT Balogun took his time but the decision has been made. No England; he will represent USA. Official soon. Here we go. 

USMNT needed a striker, here he is. Still early in his career, but he sure looks like the real deal and could be a great player for years.

53 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Oh my gosh.....that would be awesome.  I already have tickets!!  I was amazed that the tickets were slightly cheaper than City tickets.  I expected a USMNT surcharge.

Ya that was my first thought. At first I didn't think it was likely but that would be awesome. One can only hope.

• 5 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

The Athletic is reporting that the USMNT is bringing back Berhalter

Yeah I just got that update and logged in here to discuss.  I'm disappointed, not because of he allegations that was all petty BS but because I want someone different.   Reyna not playing in the WC for whatever reason was bad. GB should've found a way. He has met expectations never exceeded,  I wanted to see what someone else can do. 

7 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Yeah I just got that update and logged in here to discuss.  I'm disappointed, not because of he allegations that was all petty BS but because I want someone different.   Reyna not playing in the WC for whatever reason was bad. GB should've found a way. He has met expectations never exceeded,  I wanted to see what someone else can do. 

I’m indifferent. I don’t know who else and I thought we played well in the WC and he gets credit for that, 

I dislike some of his use of middling MLS players but the goal was to get to the WC and advance. Goal met.

The Reyna situation just seemed to be handled bad by so many people including GB. I’m not sure there’s an explanation I could get behind or understand why he would tell Gio before the WC his play would be limited. 

The players though seem to like Greg and that has to count for something. 

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/37861120/berhalter-set-return-usa-national-team-coach-source

On ongoing the US v Mexico match:  Pulisic sharp in the first half.    Reyna now a blond?

Pulisic has been dynamic. I like the middle 3 of Reyna, Musah, and McKennie, no knock on Tyler but it games where we don’t need as much of a defensive presence or ball winning, the 3 today allow us to play more on our front foot. We’ve looked pretty good today. Should have 2. 

3 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

The players though seem to like Greg and that has to count for something. 

Except the what is surely bad blood between him and our best player.

After listening to Dempsy, I'm more annoyed with this choice.

I'm ready to move on. 

6 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Except the what is surely bad blood between him and our best player.

After listening to Dempsy, I'm more annoyed with this choice.

I'm ready to move on. 

Reyna has to just get past it. It’s not like he was innocent in the entire thing. 

I didn’t know it but they just said Pulisic and Weah spoke out in favor of Greg. Which says if a division exists they’re clearly in the coach’s camp. 

And Reyna isn’t our best player. He may eventually be that but he isn’t right now. Pulisic came out today and has been very good. 

I love watching Dest. Sometimes you say WTF? But he almost always makes you smile with his flair. 

3-0 dominant win is awesome.  Homophobic chants from Mexico fans are unacceptable, and they continue to do it without consequence.  These “penalties” are not going to stop it.  I’d threaten to take Mexico out of 2026 World Cup if it happens again.  Give Canada the games that were going to be in Mexico. Will never happen, but that is what it would probably take. 

rehiring Greggg is ridiculous. Just keep him on the whole time if you’re gonna do this.  USSF leadership is a joke. Luckily, our player pool might be good enough by 2026  for it not to matter. 

McKennie and Dest out for the final hurts  

Pistol likes this

23 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

3-0 dominant win is awesome.  Homophobic chants from Mexico fans are unacceptable, and they continue to do it without consequence.  These “penalties” are not going to stop it.  I’d threaten to take Mexico out of 2026 World Cup if it happens again.  Give Canada the games that were going to be in Mexico. Will never happen, but that is what it would probably take. 

rehiring Greggg is ridiculous. Just keep him on the whole time if you’re gonna do this.  USSF leadership is a joke. Luckily, our player pool might be good enough by 2026  for it not to matter. 

McKennie and Dest out for the final hurts  

dead on brother 

6 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

If Pulisic, our most valuable player, is good with Berhalter, I’m good with him.  Stewart and McBride both left, so this is a rehire from the new top dog. 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

If Pulisic, our most valuable player, is good with Berhalter, I’m good with him.  Stewart and McBride both left, so this is a rehire from the new top dog. 

I’ll agree with that. Reyna will just have to find a way to get over it. If it were up to me, not sure I’d let Reyna put his parents on a pass list again, if they want to see a match they can pay for tickets

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

I’ll agree with that. Reyna will just have to find a way to get over it. If it were up to me, not sure I’d let Reyna put his parents on a pass list again, if they want to see a match they can pay for tickets

It’s up to Adams and Pulisic to make sure Reyna doesn’t dog it anymore. He is too good to not support his teammates. 

They should have started fresh with a new manager.  Berhalter's resume isn't good enough for him to get another shot.

What they should have done is hire a caretaker manager for the next couple of years.  If the talent develops as many believe they will, the job will be the most coveted job in the world.  Almost every coach in the world would kill for the chance to claim he was the one who was finally able to make the Americans a soccer power.  Instead we are already settling on Gregg.  So typical.

TheA_Bomb likes this

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

That’s fine, but then why d!ck around with Hudson and this Callaghan guy for 8 months?   Yes, we heard from Weah and Pulisic that they wanted Gregg. They were surefire starters under him. What would you expect them to say, when they’re the first names on Gregg’s team sheet? Or guys like Yedlin and Acosta that wouldn’t sniff the field under a Euro or South American manager… There will be more competition than ever before for places in the next three years.  Of course his favorite players will back him. I don’t think the opinion of two main players should’ve been the deciding factor. 

Gregg isn’t horrible, but there has been too much drama around him, and there were clearly better, more experienced, options that were interested.  As I said earlier, hopefully our talent level will be enough to overcome his shortcomings.  

laker119 and TheA_Bomb like this