2023 Offseason - Coaching Discussion Thread

ACE

52 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

I guess only in a Ford haters world is 2nd middle of the pack… you have a right to your opinion, but why do you have to lie to make it? 

Dude who are you arguing with, it's like you're responding to people that aren't saying the things you're responding to.... I don't get it man...Why are you picking fights, nobody is being unreasonable in any way shape or form in this thread. I'm all for calling out stupid sh*t but man I'm having trouble finding issues with anything other than you calling people fools for no reason.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Having a thread hypothesizing about our current head coach of the last 7 years possibly being "fired" on hearsay is pretty low brow if you ask me. But the lunatics have been running this asylum for a few weeks now so can't say I'm surprised.

What do you think a fan board is - rumors are shared especially if you think it is somewhat reliable.  

36 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Not a Big Fact FAN. You know about tie breakers right?

Official A10 Standings aka Big Facts

Interesting turn of events here if true, I'm really surprised.  Come on down Chris Mack (🤞 ).

I do, and do you know what middle of the pack means??? Let me help 9th or 10th. Fact, Billikens finished tied for 2nd in the regular season standings.. why does the truth upset you so much?

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

What do you think a fan board is - rumors are shared especially if you think it is somewhat reliable.  

Sure. But you don't make a thread called "is so and so fired?" And fill it with comments from 'fans' wishing that the man who has led your program for the past several years is fired out of the (team) blue. 

I really question if some of y'all know what actually benefits and what hurts Saint Louis University. But carry on. I'll hop back off.

1 minute ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

I do, and do you know what middle of the pack means??? Let me help 9th or 10th. Fact, Billikens finished tied for 2nd in the regular season standings.. why does the truth upset you so much?

If that was true we would have had Dayton's seed not the 4th place seed.  When records are tied the tie breakers go into effect.  Since we lost the tie breakers we then came in 4th.  

1 minute ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

They were 4th. Stop sugarcoating things to push your agenda.  The difference between 2nd and 4th would have been massive. 

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Type of guy to call out craziness on the slim chance someone who matters starts looking into how our fanbase acts

Man, I can’t believe I am going to type this……

I have my issues with courtside, but the dude has never just made something up like this before.  If he posted he heard it, I am going to assume he did and at least some boosters are trying to force a change now.  That doesn’t mean it is a going to happen, but it is definitely discussion worthy on here.

dlarry and Soderball like this

2 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Sure. But you don't make a thread called "is so and so fired?" And fill it with comments from 'fans' wishing that the man who has led your program for the past several years is fired out of the (team) blue. 

I really question if some of y'all know what actually benefits and what hurts Saint Louis University. But carry on. I'll hop back off.

The thread is titled  "Is Ford Fired?"  See the question mark -  a question not a statement.  Just wait it out like most of us have said we will need to do.  Being in denial never helps anybody or any group.  

6 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

The post that caused this thread to be started said that Travis was fired and it would be publicly announced soon.  I can’t think of a more appropriate thread title.

15 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Type of guy to call out craziness on the slim chance someone who matters starts looking into how our fanbase acts

Stop replying all.....replies all. 

Keep the thread at the top. Sound logic. 

3 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Just stop, you losers have been attacking him for months, even after wins, and now you’re  feigning ignorance? Enjoy your little celebration and if true, next week we can whine about losing our entire recruiting class and most of our current roster.

I'm not even going to address the point of this thread -- but what class and what roster? The roster of this past year is GONE. What recruits? The guy we had to beat Manhattan and Siena to get ??

You're acting like Dwayne Wade is on the recruiting class. Give it up dude.

29 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I thought Courtside was our go to Soccer Guru. What the hell does he know about Men’s hoops? 
I know we’re all frustrated with this season, and past seasons as well, but putting a serious rumor about firing a HC does not help the program one bit. Recruits and transfers likely read this board and this type of speculation hurts rather than help our chances of landing them. Crazy stuff. 

This is a message board. Dumb comment.

17 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

This is a MESSAGE BOARD for frustrated fans to post on. You think message boards have serious impact on a program? if so we are far lower status than even the biggest Ford naysayers thought. Unreal comments from you guys. Foolishness.

14 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Man, I can’t believe I am going to type this……

I have my issues with courtside, but the dude has never just made something up like this before.  If he posted he heard it, I am going to assume he did and at least some boosters are trying to force a change now.  That doesn’t mean it is a going to happen, but it is definitely discussion worthy on here.

Thanks for posting some sanity finally. I don't think this is happening yet; the buyout amount is just too much for a program like ours yet. He didn't lose 20 games. Doesn't mean he's good or needs to stay here. I predict he's gone this time next year.

41 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

9th or 10th is middle of the pack now? You are getting crazier with each post.

9th or 10th is Jim Crews-level bad. Are you related to Ford?

10 minutes ago, Soderball said:

9th or 10th is middle of the pack now? You are getting crazier with each post.

9th or 10th is Jim Crews-level bad. Are you related to Ford?

In a 15 team conference, 1-5 is the top of the conference, 6-10 middle of the conference, and 11-15 bottom of the conference.  Five teams at each level.  Not too hard to understand, right?

1 hour ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Having a thread hypothesizing about our current head coach of the last 7 years possibly being "fired" on hearsay is pretty low brow if you ask me. But the lunatics have been running this asylum for a few weeks now so can't say I'm surprised.

Most message boards have the same conversations when coaches underperform. This is nothing new or surprising 

3 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

In a 15 team conference, 1-5 is the top of the conference, 6-10 middle of the conference, and 11-15 bottom of the conference.  Five teams at each level.  Not too hard to understand, right?

Billikens top of the conference, not middle of the pack

13 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

Abysmal. Please go watch UMSL, so we can demand better from the Billikens.

15 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

1-4 is top because of double bye, 5-9 is middle, 10-15 is bottom.  We AVG 5th under ford(excluding first year)

19 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475lz8lrdjghblg9gxd8

The maths seems to check out here. 

CenHudDude likes this