2023 Offseason - Coaching Discussion Thread

ACE

18 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

This situation is not unlike many others.  Those who are satisfied with things want those who are not to not exist - Billiken land love it or leave it.  The problem is that productive change never comes without some group who is not afraid to confront those who don't.  In time productive change will win out - always does in time. Should  Ford makes all he necessary improvements in his coaching, game strategy and use of the portal to be successful it would not have happened unless those wanting productive change did not surface.  Those who are satisfied with things will never admit that the pressure that was applied was part of the solution.  They simply crow about how right they were and that staying the course was the best way.  The problem is that Ford needs to hear the dissent or else he has little motivation to improve that is simply human nature.  Either way, change only comes when dissatisfaction occurs.

This is right. Pressure not only needs to be placed on Travis, but Freddy and Chris as well. Keep posting well thought out content.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, willie said:

Seems to me May has gotten everything he wants. What more do you want?

For him to.....uhhhh.....not get everything he wants. He clearly has allowed Travis Ford to usurp any power Chris May has over the Basketball program. Cucked, if you will. May overpaid and over extended and fuoked himself over, now has to eat the sh!t sandwich that was last season and smile about it.

30 minutes ago, slu92 said:

Show respect and YOU are the one name calling? Go read and post in a different thread, seriously. Your act is as old as mine too I guess. Better yet why don’t you donate money to program, if you do or did then you should be as upset as myself and a lot of other fans. Show some respect….lol. 

If you guys stop I’ll stop. And I’ll post wherever I want troll. 

Billiken Rich likes this

21 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

This board has gotten so pathetic… sounds like a bunch of school girls at a sleepover….imagine an ad supporting his head coach… 

OK ignore function activate. 

Feel free to continue reading my insights on organizational change, team dynamics,  leadership all laced with hilarious quips.  What can I say but you're welcome. 

billikenfan05 likes this

5 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Feel free to continue reading my insights on organizational change, team dynamics,  leadership all laced with hilarious quips.  What can I say but you're welcome. 

Great, I’ll be looking forward to those updates on Ford signed jerseys at trivia nights…

17 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Works for me The A_Bomb...those that only want fluff and Everything Nice and Sugar Puff in Billiken Hoops Land is Wonderful and and no adverse conversation criticizing Billiken Hoops sounds like what those fools want on Billikens.com. Many of them have zero interesting suggestions to add about how to get the proper change other than more of the same...have to stay the course Forever. That's not how it happens at other competitive University sports programs so why should it be at SLU?

Appears there were some of the Boosters recently that apparently were feeling the same way. The product has been static/stale and not reaching the NCAA Tourney Goal enough. Dissent is a healthy thing and should keep decision makers on alert...change needs come soon!

57 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

For him to.....uhhhh.....not get everything he wants. He clearly has allowed Travis Ford to usurp any power Chris May has over the Basketball program. Cucked, if you will. May overpaid and over extended and fuoked himself over, now has to eat the sh!t sandwich that was last season and smile about it.

Anecdotal, but I remember a time where I was a student and Travis was running practice in the pavilion prior to a volleyball game and I overheard a conversation from a few mid-high level athletics officials trying to decide who had to tell Ford he needed to end practice so the VB players could do their pre-game. They were all afraid to be the one to ask him to stop practice. That's a problem and it's always stuck with me.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

That’s easy to say in hindsight after the letdown and porous D this season.

Cannot blame May for rewarding Ford prior to this season. This program made major strides since Crews, made the dance one year and came close a few times….COVID impacted the two teams that may have been his best. 

24 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

That’s easy to say in hindsight after the letdown and porous D this season.

Cannot blame May for rewarding Ford prior to this season. This program made major strides since Crews, made the dance one year and came close a few times….COVID impacted the two teams that may have been his best. 

But like, you have to have that foresight if you're Chris May to make responsible decisions. To not give him a contract that results in an astronomical buyout, to not devalue your bargaining position. His decisions surrounding Travis' contract have essentially given off, "we're terrified to lose you, we need you more than you need us" vibes. Which is far from the reality. Show some pride and belief in the potential of your basketball program, athletics department and school.

stmdragons and VeniceMenace like this

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

This board has gotten so pathetic… sounds like a bunch of school girls at a sleepover….imagine an ad supporting his head coach… 

Yes. Haven’t you Ford haters had enough whine yet?

5 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

When rating a season , is disaster worse, better, or the same as sandwich? Asking for a friend?

Depends on the sandwich.

40 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Yes. Haven’t you Ford haters had enough whine yet?

There's clear separation between Ford haters and people who have seen enough. Aspiration is different from denigration. 

VeniceMenace likes this

11 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

There's clear separation between Ford haters and people who have seen enough. Aspiration is different from denigration. 

They are making up this meme of "ford haters". There were like two random posters in here originally who were over the top and now they are projecting their anger at those posters on anyone who dares say ANYTHING critical, no matter how reasonable.

12 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

They are making up this meme of "ford haters". There were like two random posters in here originally who were over the top and now they are projecting their anger at those posters on anyone who dares say ANYTHING critical, no matter how reasonable.

Think about it, what would your reaction be if Ford had of been fired, and the same handful of people continually complained about wanting him back? Would it make sense, would it have been worthwhile? Ford is the coach next year, so again, what the hell is your point!!! Are you just trying to do your part to help tank the program? If so, you’re not a fan, and you should just get your sorry asses out of here until we get another coach. 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

LOL at "reasonable." 😂

5 hours ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I'm not so sure the majority believes this. This is a weird indication but they hosted a parent and family trivia last night with an auction that included a jersey signed by Ford. Apparently there were no bids for most of the night and it finally went for $60/$70. Brutal.

This gives me hope.

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Think about it, what would your reaction be if Ford had of been fired, and the same handful of people continually complained about wanting him back? Would it make sense, would it have been worthwhile? Ford is the coach next year, so again, what the hell is your point!!! Are you just trying to do your part to help tank the program? If so, you’re not a fan, and you should just get your sorry asses out of here until we get another coach. 

What is your point? Seriously - I can't tell at this point if this is just an act or what. 

billikenfan05 likes this

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yes, have noticed that repeatedly….focus on facts, back it up with numbers, don’t even mention the coach and you’ll be branded a “fort hater”