2023 Offseason - Coaching Discussion Thread

ACE

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

I have absolutely no problem with your   Tennessee fandom. Your recent repeated post about how “Gonzaga is your favorite winning Jesuit school” has pissed me right the f*** off. 
Why you post so much on your AT BEST third favorite schools message board is beyond me. 

Not sure SLU has the luxury to be shooing away fans. 

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I have absolutely no problem with your   Tennessee fandom. Your recent repeated post about how “Gonzaga is your favorite winning Jesuit school” has pissed me right the f*** off. 
Why you post so much on your AT BEST third favorite schools message board is beyond me. 

So folks cannot have a rooting interest in the NCAA...Hmmmm! After I explained I got on the Zags bandwagon when I lived in Seattle from 96-2000. I don't tell anyone on here who to root for(especially with our MIA from the Tourney Again). The topic on here is the NCAA Tourney. Pretty impossible IMHO not to have a rooting interest especially when I have seen the Zags play a number of times. Sheesh a lot of people on this website have serious issues...please get some help!

2 minutes ago, Schasz said:

So folks cannot have a rooting interest in the NCAA...Hmmmm! After I explained I got on the Zags bandwagon when I lived in Seattle from 96-2000. I don't tell anyone on here who to root for(especially with our MIA from the Tourney Again). The topic on here is the NCAA Tourney. Pretty impossible IMHO not to have a rooting interest especially when I have seen the Zags play a number of times. Sheesh a lot of people on this website have serious issues...please get some help!

You do you. Root for whoever you want to. I’ll admit I might be reading to much into you comments but every time I see you type “Gonzaga is my favorite WINNING Jesuit University” it grinds my gears. 
I’ve defended your Tennessee fandom on this board  on more than a few occasions but your wording of your Gonzaga fandom seems like you are intentionally pushing buttons. 

That said…Go Zags. I’ll be pulling for them and Princeton the rest of the way.

Bills71 likes this

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

You do you. Root for whoever you want to. I’ll admit I might be reading to much into you comments but every time I see you type “Gonzaga is my favorite WINNING Jesuit University” it grinds my gears. 
I’ve defended your Tennessee fandom on this board  on more than a few occasions but your wording of your Gonzaga fandom seems like you are intentionally pushing buttons. 

That said…Go Zags. I’ll be pulling for them and Princeton the rest of the way.

Don't know how many of my posts you read but I have my Under Grad degree from SLU's Business School and when asked made a nice donation towards the remodel and it's now known as the Chaifetz Business School. No one on this website would be more over joyed if the Billikens could go on NCAA runs like Gonzaga but until it happens I'll be pulling for the Zags!

Don't know how many of my posts you read but I have my Under Grad degree from SLU's Business School and when asked made a nice donation towards the remodel and it's now known as the Chaifetz Business School. No one on this website would be more over joyed if the Billikens could go on NCAA runs like Gonzaga but until it happens I'll be pulling for the Zags!

I have two small children so I have no life. That means I read every post on this site.  Mostly while in the bathroom while trying to steal some quiet time or while trying to put a toddler back to bed at 2 AM. 

There is no doubt in my mind you root for the Bills. 
I am sure you will be thrilled when they make it back to the tournament.

Your “favorite Jesuit” school comments just rubbed me the wrong way.  I also admit I may have been looking into those comment to deeply so my bad on that.

Schasz likes this

10 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I have two small children so I have no life. That means I read every post on this site.  Mostly while in the bathroom while trying to steal some quiet time or while trying to put a toddler back to bed at 2 AM. 

There is no doubt in my mind you root for the Bills. 
I am sure you will be thrilled when they make it back to the tournament.

Your “favorite Jesuit” school comments just rubbed me the wrong way.  I also admit I may have been looking into those comment to deeply so my bad on that.

Objectively Gonzaga does more WINNING than SLU. Especially late in March 

1 minute ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Objectively Gonzaga does more WINNING than SLU. Especially late in March 

Well no shite, and all but like 2 schools in the nation. 

5 hours ago, Schasz said:

Yeah but you're still a 'bag........

Here's something for those on here who always tell the MBM's what a wonderful recruiter Ford is. Well if that is true and I have never really completely bought into it that notion...why didn't 7' Ryan Kalkbrenner a Catholic St. Louis player have a Billiken uniform on instead of a Creighton uniform on? Could it be he likes playing in the NCAA Tourney instead of sitting at home watching it as all SLU have  fans done with the exception of 1 year under Ford? He looked like he'd have been a HUGE addition to the Bills lineup didn't he!

it was very publicized when Kalkbrenner was in high school he wanted to get out of town.   nothing about liking or disliking SLU or Ford.   he was always heading to a catholic school away from St Louis. 

i am really trying to like you schasz and i defend you as much as i can, but your presentation at billikens.com makes it really difficult.   i dont know how much longer i can give you a break.   you seem to be drifting into the troll hall of fame of billikens.com.  

13 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

it was very publicized when Kalkbrenner was in high school he wanted to get out of town.   nothing about liking or disliking SLU or Ford.   he was always heading to a catholic school away from St Louis. 

i am really trying to like you schasz and i defend you as much as i can, but your presentation at billikens.com makes it really difficult.   i dont know how much longer i can give you a break.   you seem to be drifting into the troll hall of fame of billikens.com.  

Roy...you are missing the point. Kids like Kalkbrenner really shouldn't have any reason in looking away from staying at home and playing for SLU. SLU has given them the reasons... Our most recent appearance was Ford's one year and before that Majerus and Crews taking Majerus' recruits to the Tourney. We really give a kid like this one or any other right now little hope and dreams of playing for their St. Louis U team in the NCAA Tourney. Now I'm sorry you feel the need to make your last statement about me, especially since we happen to know each other and you know how passionate I am about Billiken hoops for my entire life. It's hard for me to believe that I want more from my Alma Mater than you do!

29 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

We wouldn’t want the facts to get in the way of the keep beating that dead horse, the Coach must go, moot narrative. Elmer’s would have a windfall by now claiming glue from the faction on this board. 

4 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Roy...you are missing the point. Kids like Kalkbrenner really shouldn't have any reason in looking away from staying at home and playing for SLU. SLU has given them the reasons... Our most recent appearance was Ford's one year and before that Majerus and Crews taking Majerus' recruits to the Tourney. We really give a kid like this one or any other right now little hope and dreams of playing for their St. Louis U team in the NCAA Tourney. Now I'm sorry you feel the need to make your last statement about me, especially since we happen to know each other and you know how passionate I am about Billiken hoops for my entire life. It's hard for me to believe that I want more from my Alma Mater than you do!

More glue. 

Littlebill likes this

Just now, Bay Area Billiken said:

More glue. 

No glue just facts...hard for anyone to deny them either when they stare SLU fans right in the face year after year! No worry I'll still enjoy the Jesuit U's that do seem to have a way into the Tourney. 

Is the predominant reason for choosing a school come down to a few games at the end of the year? academics,location,conference are secondary to an appearance in the tournament? french and goodwin didnt choose slu for their long history of ncaa appearances, so what was the reason?  but we know kalkbrenner didnt go to slu because of lack of tournament appearances. maybe other factors are involved

willie likes this

No glue just facts...hard for anyone to deny them either when they stare SLU fans right in the face year after year! No worry I'll still enjoy the Jesuit U's that do seem to have a way into the Tourney. 

Wrong. The fact is Kalkbrenner wanted to go to college out of town. What do you not understand in that basic and well known fact? The Coach will be back next season. It is past time to hold in abeyance the oust the Coach narrative. The narrative is serving no useful purpose. 

Bills71 likes this

10 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I dont think Ford is the right guy based on his last 25 years of work but any coach will miss out on some local kids and put me in the camp of its time to stop being so reliant on local kids anyway. Just go get guys who can play specifically guys who can actually defend.

very good.   and yes, cant get them all particularly if the kid has been proclaiming since he first picked up a ball he is going away to school.   

schasz is now just looking for b.s. to throw arrows and stones at Ford AND SLU.   i for one have given up on him and wish him luck in rocky top.  he's in no way a billiken any longer in my view. 

AGB91 likes this