• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

https://590thefan.com/radio-shows/press-box/

Segment 2, starting at about 5 minutes.

Ramsey:  It's like a student who expected to get an A and be on the Honor Roll, got a B in the class.

Ramsey:  Perhaps the program was loyal to a fault.  Should they have gotten some big time transfers, taking minutes away from players you were loyal to. Example, brought in a 6'7" dynamic PF, and Perkins plays only 12 minute per game. Would the community been up in arms?

Frank repeated, instead of buying out a coach, use the money to buy players.

Rammer:  the Mid-Majors have a money issue, do you gift the Athletic Department or do you fund the NIL pool, or split your annual giving by 50%. Or do you double your giving? 

Frank:  how do you handle a booster, a big one, who wants to fire the coach.  Rammer:  simply fire the Play by Play guy and move on. 

Frank:  you can't allow one or two boosters dictate your program, no matter how much they contribute.

Frank:  Ford and Tate were in Houston yesterday recruiting and ended their day at Hutchinson KS at the JUCO tourney.  Change isn't going to happen.

Rammer:  the challenge will be results next season, when the buyout will lower. Ford and the staff should have heat on them.  They need to perform.

Thanks for the summary.  Honestly it sounds like Rammer said much of what has been said on the board.  Ford should be on the hot seat, he underperformed,  and next year will be make or break given that the buy out will be lower.  This is exactly what many of us said.  Most everyone said he would be back next year due to the money issue.  Until it appeared the money was not an issue we were mostly content to accept that he would be back next year but that the clock was ticking.  Good to hear that others close to the program understand what is happening.

15 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Nothing said on here can sabotage the coach.  What false narrative?  Are you arguing that college basketball players want to play at programs that have shown an ability to get into the NCAA tournament on a somewhat consistent basis is a false narrative?  I will just direct you to the schools the names of the schools that consistently show up on the lists of the choices of the top 200 recruits.  This is especially true when the coach isn't so new anymore.  When you don't have building something new anymore to sell, you are left with results to sell to players.

Like I said, hopefully NIL will change that.  We are entering a completely new world in college basketball.

you just embarrassed yourself brian, let's see, false narrative, that would be Ford is being fired, you don't think players, their coaches and family don't read that????? i get it, you're deeply disappointed, but you and your ilk own your very own statements, at least me man enough to admit it...

2 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

i love how the minions are running from their previous comments....pretty pathetic, i guess by next week they will have convinced theirselves that they have always been his biggest fans...

Yep I will be here, and as the biggest fan of SLU, the program. I never had to be a big fan of a coach, the water boy, the AD, the ticket taker at gate C.  

download.jpg.11c1a0f1978b29672c4d0abd51e159ec.jpg

2 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

you just embarrassed yourself brian, let's see, false narrative, that would be Ford is being fired, you don't think players, their coaches and family don't read that????? i get it, you're deeply disappointed, but you and your ilk own your very own statements, at least me man enough to admit it...

Admit and own what?  I think my position on Ford as the coach was clear to everyone before this situation.  I haven't tried to hide it.  It hasn't changed.

For if Ford will actually be the coach next year?  I don't think this is over yet, but more importantly no recruit gives a crap about what I think about that.  They care about winning, how many minutes that are available and how much money they will get in NIL.  That last thing is probably the most important for most recruits now.  They don't care if I or any other poster here thinks Ford is going to get fired and they don't care about what I think about Ford as a coach.

You care about my opinion on those things far more than any basketball player has ever cared about any of my opinions on anything.

The recruits don't care about your opinion on issues basketball related or on any other issues either.  None of our posts on this board matter to them.  We just aren't that important to them.  If you think your opinion on here matters to them, you are delusional.  

Schasz likes this

42 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Ethical, that's a new one. What's unethical about a booster speaking out against purchasing a buy out? Ethical is paying that buyout, unethical is avoiding it - see St Johns and mike Anderson currently. 

not sure ethical is the right word, but a booster with the best interests of billiken basketball doesnt leak his concerns to a guy like courtside inciting an uproar that while might not be detrimental certainly doesnt promote any positivity 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I'm also glad a booster said something, I'd rather they care than sit back and not even pay attention to basketball. 

It's nice to know we have more than a few boosters who donate enough to think they have influence. However, I would rather see them focus on raising NIL money than hiring and firing coaches. What I wish courtside's booster told us was how much cash they have raised and how it's all working. 

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Admit and own what?  I think my position on Ford as the coach was clear to everyone before this situation.  I haven't tried to hide it.  It hasn't changed.

For if Ford will actually be the coach next year?  I don't think this is over yet, but more importantly no recruit gives a crap about what I think about that.  They care about winning, how many minutes that are available and how much money they will get in NIL.  That last thing is probably the most important for most recruits now.  They don't care if I or any other poster here thinks Ford is going to get fired and they don't care about what I think about Ford as a coach.

You care about my opinion on those things far more than any basketball player has ever cared about any of my opinions on anything.

The recruits don't care about your opinion on issues basketball related or on any other issues either.  None of our posts on this board matter to them.  We just aren't that important to them.  If you think your opinion on here matters to them, you are delusional.  

i guess you have never heard of social media and it's impact.....again, stop embarrassing yourself....

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

a generation that is all about social media doesnt care what is on social media concerning a school they are considering? i couldnt give a percentage about what it matters, but it is something more than 0

18 hours ago, stmdragons said:

That’s genuinely infuriating. 

Love how guys react to some random person's interpretation of what a third person said as if its a statistic being given by a respected reporting agency.  If you listened to Frank's segement and are infuriated, that's fine.  Don't get infuriated over this rando's short blurb putting his spin on what Frank said.

18 hours ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Well it’s been a few days without any actual substance, just speculation. Should have figured since SLU is too “small time” to do anything meaningful. Just more of the same 

This is nuts.  So SLU is "small time" because they haven't fired Ford and hired a big name head coach in the span of a few days since some speculation was put out?  Wow.

Billikenbooster likes this

8 minutes ago, DOC said:

It's nice to know we have more than a few boosters who donate enough to think they have influence. However, I would rather see them focus on raising NIL money than hiring and firing coaches. What I wish courtside's booster told us was how much cash they have raised and how it's all working. 

Agreed

11 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

not sure ethical is the right word, but a booster with the best interests of billiken basketball doesnt leak his concerns to a guy like courtside inciting an uproar that while might not be detrimental certainly doesnt promote any positivity 

But thats just boosters everywhere.. Thats always been a booster thing to do. 

12 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

i guess you have never heard of social media and it's impact.....again, stop embarrassing yourself....

Funny that an old man thinks a message board is social media that impacts a teenage basketball recruit.  

Neither you or I are a hot woman on TikTok that is influencing the decisions of teenage boys.  As far as I know you aren't a musician or an actor on Instagram or TikTok.  As for myself, I am confident that is not case.

I am sure your post about the Billikens or a conspiracy theory on Facebook could get the recruits grandparents fired up.

Other than that, you might need to put the flip phone down.  

gobillsgo and NoCoBillsFan like this

2 hours ago, longtimelistenerfirsttimec said:

did everyone who thinks ford will be fired listen to frank c bob r a few minutes ago this is not happening so go tear up your tickets are write a nasty letter or what ever you need to deal with reality but give it up

What is this attitude/tone? What's the motive? It's coming from both sides, so I will apologize only for singling this one out. This sh*t needs to stop. 

JMM28 likes this

1 hour ago, johnbj14 said:

I’m with @brianstl I just want an answer one way or the other. Just want better results going forward. If it’s with Ford? Great! If it’s with someone else? Great! But this continuing to linger is just frustrating. The window to make a move is incredibly tight with the portal. 

This board isn't going to get an announcement on the topic.  So, stop holding out for your big decision.  Ford is our coach, and that's probably not going to change prior to next season.  There isn't going to be an "answer one way or the other."  Stop expecting one.  The only reason you're even discussing this is because you are participating in a chat on a message board where someone, who may not have all that much credibilty, speculated a move.

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Funny that an old man thinks a message board is social media that impacts a teenage basketball recruit.  

Neither you or I are a hot woman on TikTok that is influencing the decisions of teenage boys.  As far as I know you aren't a musician or an actor on Instagram or TikTok.  As for myself, I am confident that is not case.

I am sure your post about the Billikens or a conspiracy theory on Facebook could get the recruits grandparents fired up.

Other than that, you might need to put the flip phone down.  

like i said Brian, you're embarrassing yourself.....and are you really that naive to believe that the false story on this board didn't make it to other platforms???? i get it, you're just trying to rationalize and minimize your behavior...but if you really thinks it helps to lambast the coach 24/7, then keep it up...

1 hour ago, Billikenbooster said:

If it’s done properly. It should give you the defensive matchups you’re looking for.

We did it it so far away from the key, the opposition was able to slip through the screens.

Yep. If you want to complain about this team wasting time on offense, fans should point at the lack of a backcourt ball screen when the PG was pressured in the backcourt, and Yuri walking the ball up EVERY GOD DAMNED TIME. I don't care if it was Ford or Yuri making the decision, it's throwing away 7-9 seconds.

Bizziken likes this

10 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

like i said Brian, you're embarrassing yourself.....and are you really that naive to believe that the false story on this board didn't make it to other platforms???? i get it, you're just trying to rationalize and minimize your behavior...but if you really thinks it helps to lambast the coach 24/7, then keep it up...

Do you get tired of yelling at people on the internet? People you've never met? Do you get tired of calling people fools? Do you get tired of telling people they are embarrassing themselves? Why do you do it? It can’t be fun.