2023 Offseason - Coaching Discussion Thread

ACE

19 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Very odd and heavy handed.

If you can’t see that there are valid reasons to keep Ford and valid reasons to move on from Ford you aren’t looking hard enough. 

Going on air and ridiculing boosters and fans who feel differently than them shows they have an agenda. 

The boosters who were on either side of this should not be taking public heat from from anyone connected to the program.  We need all the boosters we can get and 95% of them are going to be around longer than any coach of the program.  We need them giving to not only to the program, but NIL.  

dlarry likes this

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Seems to me the only point you are making is that you are a hypocrite..but we already knew that...or did I miss you lecturing others engaging in it?

Well I don’t do it every single post… which he has continued to do. But whatever you gotta tell yourself to protect your little buddy… I’m sure he’s so grateful to have you sticking up for him. 

Just now, gobillsgo said:

Well I don’t do it every single post… which he has continued to do. But whatever you gotta tell yourself to protect your little buddy… I’m sure he’s so grateful to have you sticking up for him. 

You don't do it every post? 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, HenryB said:

You don't do it every post? 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It’s not rocket science. Click my profile, read through my posts, see how many are attacking others.  Then do the same on his account. If you can’t tell a difference I can’t help you.  🤡🤡

For me personally, I will renew but I bet I go to about 3 games as opposed to 10 or so. From a financial standpoint that stance will have zero impact on the program. However, if I am apathetic about the team, imagine how the casual sports fan in St Louis will feel. This is a program already on the brink of irrelevance. Bringing Ford back and having him basically start all over, means you are ok with this team and this program basically being UMSL in terms of where it ranks among St Louis sports teams. Is that why they built Chaifetz?

Just so that I'm up to speed on the situation. A major booster trying to get Ford fired doesn't harm Ford but 20-30 fans on a message board saying they want Ford fired is going to be harmful to recruiting. I just need to understand the situation heading into the offseason. 

13 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I'm also glad a booster said something, I'd rather they care than sit back and not even pay attention to basketball. 

i would like a booster to do things in a professional and respectful way...they could have made their point without back stabbing the coach and undermining recruiting efforts... but it did play well with the hate Ford minions....

1 minute ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

i would like a booster to do things in a professional and respectful way...they could have made their point without back stabbing the coach and undermining recruiting efforts... but it did play well with the hate Ford minions....

Again, its better to have a booster stand up for anything than to sit there and not pay attention.  whether that's pro or against Ford.  

6 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

It’s not rocket science. Click my profile, read through my posts, see how many are attacking others.  Then do the same on his account. If you can’t tell a difference I can’t help you.  🤡🤡

Lol...not asking for any...the evidence speaks for itself. 

Just now, BIG BILL FAN said:

You know what actually undermines recruiting efforts?  Not making the tournament on a somewhat consistent basis.  Recruits don't care about the excuses no matter how legitimate one may think they are.  

Hopefully NIL money will change that.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

You do realize that a. the weave was not prevalent in this season comparatively. b. it actually serves a purpose.

If it’s done properly. It should give you the defensive matchups you’re looking for.

We did it it so far away from the key, the opposition was able to slip through the screens.

Bizziken likes this

3 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Lol...not asking for any...the evidence speaks for itself. 

The day I see you post anything of substance, or even relating to SLU basketball, on this board I’ll self-impose a week long ban.  I don’t foresee myself imposing a ban. 

Just now, brianstl said:

You know what actually undermines recruiting efforts?  Not making the tournament on a somewhat consistent basis.  Recruits don't care about the excuses no matter how legitimate one may think they are.  

Hopefully NIL money will change that.

i know you always want  the last word Brian, but sabotaging your coach and perpetuating a false narrative doesn't help with making the tournament....

If Frank and Rammer thought they were going to shut down discussion on this, BOY were they wrong!

At this point, I would say Ford is the coach next year, let’s use NIL dollars wisely to get good players.

Also, I think Ford is really feeling the heat.  The way to turn the temperature on his seat down is it win.

cheeseman and cgeldmacher like this

and why can't they be ethical in their actions??? what they just did hurt the program....

Ethical, that's a new one. What's unethical about a booster speaking out against purchasing a buy out? Ethical is paying that buyout, unethical is avoiding it - see St Johns and mike Anderson currently. 

1 hour ago, longtimelistenerfirsttimec said:

did everyone who thinks ford will be fired listen to frank c bob r a few minutes ago this is not happening so go tear up your tickets are write a nasty letter or what ever you need to deal with reality but give it up

Good.  I am for keeping Ford.  

2 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

i know you always want  the last word Brian, but sabotaging your coach and perpetuating a false narrative doesn't help with making the tournament....

You act like dozens of schools every single season in all major sports don't go through this, and we're the first ones.  This is all part of the game(job).   That god we sabotaged Crews, or were you against that too?

Nothing said on here can sabotage the coach.  What false narrative?  Are you arguing that college basketball players want to play at programs that have shown an ability to get into the NCAA tournament on a somewhat consistent basis is a false narrative?  I will just direct you to the schools the names of the schools that consistently show up on the lists of the choices of the top 200 recruits.  This is especially true when the coach isn't so new anymore.  When you don't have building something new anymore to sell, you are left with results to sell to players.

Like I said, hopefully NIL will change that.  We are entering a completely new world in college basketball.

For those in favor of keeping Ford what would he have to do to lose his job? I assume you will be giving him a pass next year as we are going to be very young/inexperienced and or new to the program. (Of course just down the highway the coach made it to the tournament in his first season, but I will acknowledge that's an outlier and not the norm)

Does he have to get an at-large in year 9 or can he stay in perpetuity as long as he is a "good guy" and we don't start finishing 10th in the conference? I ask this question with sincerity. Do you have any measurable goals for him/the program that he must meet to keep his job? 

7 minutes ago, wgstl said:

You act like dozens of schools every single season in all major sports don't go through this, and we're the first ones.  This is all part of the game(job).   That god we sabotaged Crews, or were you against that too?

According BBF @moytoy and myself sabotaged Crews.

11 minutes ago, SLUDrew said:

For me personally, I will renew but I bet I go to about 3 games as opposed to 10 or so. From a financial standpoint that stance will have zero impact on the program. However, if I am apathetic about the team, imagine how the casual sports fan in St Louis will feel. This is a program already on the brink of irrelevance. Bringing Ford back and having him basically start all over, means you are ok with this team and this program basically being UMSL in terms of where it ranks among St Louis sports teams. Is that why they built Chaifetz?

I agree with you SLUDREW. I have no idea what the season tickets would cost that I had when I lived in St. Louis...they were in the same section as Fr. Biondi. I enjoyed going to the games back then because the team was very competitive. When you can't even beat SIUE at home their being competitive comes into a huge? mark.

You're right the casual fan who SLU needs to try and fill Chaifetz won't support a team that is not competitive. I applaud the booster(s) as we don't know how many want Ford gone. I hope they get the job done. Suppose OSU was lucky that back in the day they gave Ford the heave ho T. Boone was alive and since he had more money than God getting rid of Ford was zero problem. 

People keep mentioning May...well he's the Turkey who hired Ford, and before that gave the HC job to Jim Crews after Majerus' untimely death so forgive if I'm totally unimpressed with his ability to make the correct HC decisions for SLU mens hoops!

1 minute ago, SLUDrew said:

For those in favor of keeping Ford what would he have to do to lose his job? I assume you will be giving him a pass next year as we are going to be very young/inexperienced and or new to the program. 

Does he have to get an at-large in year 9 or can he stay in perpetuity as long as he is a "good guy" and we don't start finishing 10th in the conference? I ask this question with sincerity. Do you have any measurable goals for him/the program that he must meet to keep his job? 

Good question. I think answers would explain or make things more clear as to if those fans are ok with 20 wins and being close and that's all or at some point results have to be made. 

10 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

The day I see you post anything of substance, or even relating to SLU basketball, on this board I’ll self-impose a week long ban.  I don’t foresee myself imposing a ban. 

Hmmm...is that a personal attack? 🤣🤣🤣

PS is this an example of something related to SLU basketball or something of substance?🤔🙄🤣🤣🤣🤣 Have you no self-awareness whatsoever?