ACE

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Isn’t that mocking Jim Crews not Ford?

Jim Crews and Travis Ford in the same sentence is a disgrace....and you know it. Now go back to your celebration...this is obviously the thread of the decade for some of you "fans".

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

And sometimes at SLU the AD is among the last to know the basketball coach is getting fired.

Ya, but we don't have a Biondi in charge now. You think Pestello could be behind this? You think he's the kind of person that would blindside May like Biondi did his AD? No way. There was no Chafetz then and if he's being fired now there is no chance May doesn't know.

3 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Jim Crews and Travis Ford in the same sentence is a disgrace....and you know it. Now go back to your celebration...this is obviously the thread of the decade for some of you "fans".

Travis Ford is obviously a much better coach than Jim Crews. 
Uh oh they are in the same sentence…AGAIN! 

46 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

The behavior of some so called Billiken Fans is disgraceful. You really think mocking and ridiculing our coach is helpful? You embarrass yourself and the university.

I don’t understand why you take any slight criticism of Ford so personally. Nobody has mocked him in this thread. He makes $2.5 million a year, funded by alumni. He’ll be okay.

P.S., look at any fanbase of a program aspiring to be competitive. when a coach has failed to meet expectations, these kinds of discussions happen. 

15 minutes ago, DOC said:

Ya, but we don't have a Biondi in charge now. You think Pestello could be behind this? You think he's the kind of person that would blindside May like Biondi did his AD? No way. There was no Chafetz then and if he's being fired now there is no chance May doesn't know.

When it comes to big donors wanting to do something, I think almost any university President is capable of freezing out his AD.  Biondi didn’t wake up and decide to fire Brad and hire Rick himself.  The big money donor who doesn’t attach his name to any of his donations was behind it.

thatskablamo and cheeseman like this

8 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I don’t understand why you take any slight criticism of Ford so personally. Nobody has mocked him in this thread. He makes $2.5 million a year, funded by alumni. He’ll be okay.

P.S., look at any fanbase of a program aspiring to be competitive. when a coach has failed to meet expectations, these kinds of 

Nm

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

When it comes to big donors wanting to do something, I think almost any university President is capable of freezing out his AD.  Biondi didn’t wake up and decide to fire Brad and hire Rick himself.  The big money donor who doesn’t attach his name to any of his donations was behind it.

So who was the donor? If you know obviously he doesn’t mind other’s knowing. 

22 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

What is happening in this thread?

I asked Chat GPT to: Write me a song about it being a long offseason on Billikens.com

This is what I got

Verse 1: The leaves have fallen, the air's turned cold The court lies empty, a story untold We wait for news, we wait for hope On Billikens.com we find ways to cope

Chorus: It's a long offseason, but we won't give in We'll stay united, and we'll never give up the win We'll keep the faith, and hold our heads high Together we'll rise, and reach for the sky

Verse 2: The players have gone, the coaches too But the memories remain, and the dreams come through We'll keep the passion burning bright On Billikens.com, we'll keep the fire alight

Chorus: It's a long offseason, but we won't give in We'll stay united, and we'll never give up the win We'll keep the faith, and hold our heads high Together we'll rise, and reach for the sky

Bridge: Through the highs and lows, we'll stand as one Our love for the game, never to be undone We'll count down the days, until the season's start And when it comes, we'll give it our heart

Outro: On Billikens.com, we'll keep the dream alive And when the season comes, we'll take the dive We'll cheer and shout, and give it our all For the love of the game, we'll stand tall.

6 minutes ago, DOC said:

So who was the donor? If you know obviously he doesn’t mind other’s knowing. 

The same donor who told Biondi at St. Raymond’s that he wanted Bobby Knight instead of Brad in the first place and would pay for the big name replacement, Tony Novelly. 

thatskablamo likes this

4 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Ridiculous statement? Have you no self-awareness whatsoever?🤣🤣🤣🤣

I guess not because I’m not seeing any ridiculous statements that’ I’ve made. So I’m just going to walk away from this conversation and ignore any that may pop up in the future. 

Enjoy the rest of the tournament.

7 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I guess not because I’m not seeing any ridiculous statements that’ I’ve made. So I’m just going to walk away from this conversation and ignore any that may pop up in the future. 

Enjoy the rest of the tournament.

I accept your surrender....hope you enjoy the rest of the tournament.