2023 Offseason - Coaching Discussion Thread

ACE

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

If it’s not true @courtside needs to be banned for life. 

Nah. Courtside provides good information we can come up with something better.

Maybe force him to watch the Jalen Crutcher buzzer beater game once a week with a different troll each time? 

5 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

I have a hard time believing it’s true given May’s recent comments. As much as I’ve soured on Ford over the course of the season, that would be borderline sociopathic. 

Coaches always get the vote of confidence before getting fired. 

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Nah. Courtside provides good information we can come up with something better.

Maybe force him to watch the Jalen Crutcher buzzer beater game once a week with a different troll each time? 

Coaches always get the vote of confidence before getting fired. 

And sometimes at SLU the AD is among the last to know the basketball coach is getting fired.

19 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

If it’s not true @courtside needs to be banned for life. 

Yes, and we won’t need courtside’s info as 05 will let us know what’s happening on the courtside beat!!

Possible explanation is that Ford went to May for an extension and May came back telling him that he was told not now.  Ford could then take that as meaning he was on the hot seat and both then simply agree to mutually separate with some kind of a severance type package.  We will just have to wait and see.

12 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

I have a hard time believing it’s true given May’s recent comments. As much as I’ve soured on Ford over the course of the season, that would be borderline sociopathic. 

I don’t know It always seems to me whether true or not (probably not) that GMs/ADs always vehemently deny any hint of their coach’s demise and throw very strong support behind them right before they’re canned.  

14 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Possible explanation is that Ford went to May for an extension and May came back telling him that he was told not now.  Ford could then take that as meaning he was on the hot seat and both then simply agree to mutually separate with some kind of a severance type package.  We will just have to wait and see.

I would also assume when you say “Ford” here that it’s Ford’s agent and not Travis acting on his own behalf…

21 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Ford going to May and asking for an extension after the most disappointing season in SLU hoops history would be….something. 

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Thought we banned Oldguy....

Don’t mean to deviate but Oldguy was banned!?! I just assumed he was arrested for violating a restraining order and refused to post bail. 

MusicCityBilliken and Fraz like this