New Bills Culture Theme

I don’t start many threads, but since next year’s men’s basketball team will be close to a complete makeover, and this year’s team appeared to outsider MBMs to at times have some cultural (not necessarily chemistry) issues, I thought that for something positive and forward looking, the board might like to apply our vast expertise and deep experience to come up with suggestions for a new identity to replace the bland, generic Team Blue (or was it Code Blue this year?).

I’ll start with a few ideas.

Blue Fire

Bills Tough

Solid Blue (or Blue Solid)

11 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

I don’t start many threads, but since next year’s men’s basketball team will be close to a complete makeover, and this year’s team appeared to outsider MBMs to at times have some cultural (not necessarily chemistry) issues, I thought that for something positive and forward looking, the board might like to apply our vast expertise and deep experience to come up with suggestions for a new identity to replace the bland, generic Team Blue (or was it Code Blue this year?).

Blue Fire

Bills Tough

Blue Steal - We need this team to pick up the intensity on defense next season. I think we finished the year ranked like 316 in steals. More steals, please.

If the steal turns into points then the player scoring must immediately turn to the crowd and make this face:

The Roxy Theater - Missoula, Montana - Zoolander

pakapablo, RamJAMTIME and ACE like this

Agree - my senior year there was a competition at the bar formerly known as Wackadoos to come up with a new fight song. 

I thought I was at Robert Morris or DeVry for a split second.

You can’t just copy edit culture. It has to be sown, watered, cultivated, harvested and then repeated season after season. It is a crop that should yield results. It seems like ours at the moment is anything but. 

What I can remember is the winning team - yes, the winning team, having the phrase “Midwest SuperStars” in the lyrics. Oh, but those Buffalo chicken sandwiches were so good…

Zoolander's blue steel is the first good marketing gimmick I've seen in awhile. We won't have anything about it of course because the athletic department is committed to a canned and terrible game day experience.

8 minutes ago, thatskablamo said:

Agree - my senior year there was a competition at the bar formerly known as Wackadoos to come up with a new fight song. 

I thought I was at Robert Morris or DeVry for a split second.

You can’t just copy edit culture. It has to be sown, watered, cultivated, harvested and then repeated season after season. It is a crop that should yield results. It seems like ours at the moment is anything but. 

What I can remember is the winning team - yes, the winning team, having the phrase “Midwest SuperStars” in the lyrics. Oh, but those Buffalo chicken sandwiches were so good…

Thanks Bob.

Just kidding....I'll let you know if terroristic threats are needed though.

2 hours ago, juniorbill76 said:

Blue Fire

Bills Tough

One of the few reasons I like team blue is because it gets the 2019 team involved via twitter.  I hate team blue when the team is jello, though. 

7 hours ago, Soderball said:

Zoolander's blue steel is the first good marketing gimmick I've seen in awhile. We won't have anything about it of course because the athletic department is committed to a canned and terrible game day experience.

Really hate to toot my own horn but the Blue Steal marketing idea is probably the single greatest marketing gimmick in the history of mankind. 

14 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Really hate to toot my own horn but the Blue Steal marketing idea is probably the single greatest marketing gimmick in the history of mankind. 

I'd be satisfied with all the player and coach intros having them make this face on the video boards. Zoolander references will always work well.