Kramer in the portal

1 minute ago, Billiken Rich said:

Interesting.......I wonder if it's by choice......

I wish we could know these answers.  Its very telling if its from Ford, not so much if its Nicks decision 

47 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Interesting.......I wonder if it's by choice......

most of the time it is mutual, they know they are likely not to get playing time and want to move on, could be many factors, should we queue up the thread where the players hate ford? maybe nick has personal reasons for wanting to go somewhere, players will come in and they will have multiple reasons for wanting to be at slu. i thought he showed promise , wish him the best

18 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

most of the time it is mutual, they know they are likely not to get playing time and want to move on, could be many factors, should we queue up the thread where the players hate ford? maybe nick has personal reasons for wanting to go somewhere, players will come in and they will have multiple reasons for wanting to be at slu. i thought he showed promise , wish him the best

Not trying to be a jerk but what did you see that showed promise. 

VeniceMenace and gabriel like this

30 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Good luck to him, but thought he was a "reach" when signed unless he is just a lights out shooter.  Think he moves down not up.

You can't move up when you didn't play at an A10 program this season, even if it was a RS season. He has no choice but to go down.

He's a good shooter but he's got a college ready frame and can play defense. He'll find a spot. Might be a school that's already familiar with him from HS, though, unless there's a smaller conference program willing to take a verbal recommendation from one or more of our coaches.

dennis_w likes this

Just now, Pistol said:

You can't move up when you didn't play at an A10 program this season, even if it was a RS season. He has no choice but to go down.

He's a good shooter but he's got a college ready frame and can play defense. He'll find a spot. Might be a school that's already familiar with him from HS, though, unless there's a smaller conference program willing to take a verbal recommendation from one or more of our coaches.

If he ends up at UAB is that a move down, a lateral move or a move up at this time?

11 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If he ends up at UAB is that a move down, a lateral move or a move up at this time?

⬆️.  Funny to think that of all players, he may be the first to move up(if he is reunited with Kennedy)

23 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Lindenwood maybe a good fit for him, or any local that wants to have family see all the time.

I have no problem with Nick trying to follow his dream.  I only fault Travis Ford granting him the scholarship.  Do you think this was done as a favor to the St. Louis Eagles.  I'm just hoping that Larry Hughes Jr gets his scholarship now.

2 minutes ago, aj_arete said:

I have no problem with Nick trying to follow his dream.  I only fault Travis Ford granting him the scholarship.  Do you think this was done as a favor to the St. Louis Eagles.  I'm just hoping that Larry Hughes Jr gets his scholarship now.

1) he was a sharp shooter, im sure they were hoping he was a diamond in the rough, and possible discovered that's not the case. 

2) LHJ will be