NIT 32 A10 0

slu72

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Not one A10 team in NIT. I at least thought SVU would get a slot just for the sell out factor. Nope. Not them. Not us. No one. That’s sad for a once proud conference. 

Conference started going downhill with the Butler and Xavier exits to the Big East. The pre-season darlings were both SLU and Dayton, and neither had impressive results and VCU left both teams in the rear view mirror. Both Dayton and SLU HC's should be on short leashes!

31 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Not one A10 team in NIT. I at least thought SVU would get a slot just for the sell out factor. Nope. Not them. Not us. No one. That’s sad for a once proud conference. 

Dayton opted out. Great post. 

6 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Guess which metric showed up in 2018

NET is fraudulent.  Why should one of the main indicators of a season’s success not be mainly results based?  

There may be outliers where the A10 and similar conferences have 3+ bids, but for the most part it will be 1-2 from here on out. This is what they (P5) wanted. 

It was obvious back in December that the A-10 was only going to get one bid this season based on their mediocre showing in November.  But that's the problem, why is so much emphasis placed on what are tantamount to "preseason" games played 120 days before the tournament starts? Player rotations used in November, often bear little resemblance  to the lineups that coaches use in November.  For the league to get only one NCAA bid is insult enough, but to be shut out of the NIT is a joke, especially since one of its member schools made a run to the NIT finals last season by winning 3 consecutive road games against Power 5 teams.  Maybe the conference should be split up and every team goes its own way?    Maybe your team gets invited to the Big East?  It's a large market where the Big East has no presence right now.

38 minutes ago, An A-10 fan said:

It was obvious back in December that the A-10 was only going to get one bid this season based on their mediocre showing in November.  But that's the problem, why is so much emphasis placed on what are tantamount to "preseason" games played 120 days before the tournament starts? Player rotations used in November, often bear little resemblance  to the lineups that coaches use in November.  For the league to get only one NCAA bid is insult enough, but to be shut out of the NIT is a joke, especially since one of its member schools made a run to the NIT finals last season by winning 3 consecutive road games against Power 5 teams.  Maybe the conference should be split up and every team goes its own way?    Maybe your team gets invited to the Big East?  It's a large market where the Big East has no presence right now.

When it last expanded the Big East took Xavier and Butler and did not take SLU. With our lack of success under Travis Ford what would make one think now that the Big East is ready to invite SLU into their league? Perhaps some other league would be willing to take the Bills and frankly I do agree it is time to look around as the A-10 looks like it might continue to be a one team NCAA Tourney league and outside of Dayton is not much of a rivalry fit.

An A-10 fan and cheeseman like this

I hate the NET. That being said, it is the measuring tool that matters, regardless of what I think.

Here are the final numbers, I’m not trolling, just pointing out where we stand based upon the NET.

SLU - 99

Big East - 8 teams are ranked higher than that.  We would be the #9 team in that conference

‘Atlantic 10 - 2 teams are ranked higher than that.  We are the #3 team in the conference

MVC - 3 teams are ranked higher than that.  We would be the #4 team in that conference

MAC - 2 teams are ranked higher than that.  We would be the #3 team in that conference

9 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Guess which metric showed up in 2018

If the NET is killing conferences at the A10's level why is the MWC having 4 teams in the tournament for the second year in a row?  Over the same time period the A 10 averaged 3.5 bids the MWC averaged 2.8.  Since then the MWC has averaged 3 bids and the A 10 has averaged 1.75.  

17 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If the NET is killing conferences at the A10's level why is the MWC having 4 teams in the tournament for the second year in a row?  Over the same time period the A 10 averaged 3.5 bids the MWC averaged 2.8.  Since then the MWC has averaged 3 bids and the A 10 has averaged 1.75.  

I'm not worried about other leagues I'm worried about SLU and right thinking SLU fans know what the problem is with SLU (hint for those who don't...HC). Fix that problem ASAP...hope the next one is very good then we can think about NCAA Tourney Appearances!!!

11 minutes ago, Schasz said:

I'm not worried about other leagues I'm worried about SLU and right thinking SLU fans know what the problem is with SLU (hint for those who don't...HC). Fix that problem ASAP...hope the next one is very good then we can think about NCAA Tourney Appearances!!!

This "right thinking SLU fan" disagrees with your opinion.

35 minutes ago, brianstl said:

maybe geography matters some?   i.e. not as many good teams out west to give away losses?   so their fake NET ratings come to the top?   just spit balling.  

dennis_w likes this

Just now, billiken_roy said:

maybe geography matters some?   i.e. not as many good teams out west to give away losses?   so their fake NET ratings come to the top?   just spit balling.  

We have to game the system just like everyone else.  You have to schedule some weak teams and beat the hell out of them to increase your BS offensive efficiency.  It's classless and just mean but beating Lindenwood and NCA&T Coastal Northeast by 30 is better than Beating Memphis by one and losing to Auburn by one.  If that's what you have to do so be it.......

wgstl likes this

16 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Its the story of too many bottom feeders. The Mountain West bottom feeder was Wyoming who somehow still managed a 172 net with only a 8-22 record. The rest of the conference was all above 150 in the NET. 

The A10 had Bonaventure, St Joes, UMass, GW, LaSalle, URI, and Loyola all 200 or below in that order. That means damn near half your conference schedule at home is going to be a Q4 game. 

There just weren't any quality wins in the non-con from any A10 teams that helped boost the top dogs enough to overcome the terrible bottom of the conference.

32 minutes ago, Schasz said:

That is it.  I'm over you, dude.  Going on ignore.  You have one post you just keep repeating and repeating and repeating. Get over yourself and your GD Vols.

Love ignore.

Bye

32 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

This answer is getting warm.  

There are less teams in the West.  The Power 5 Pac-12 (and the WCC) still play Mountain West schools, by geographic necessity.

But let's never let the narrative get in the way of the facts, especially on this Board.

13 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

That is it.  I'm over you, dude.  Going on ignore.  You have one post you just keep repeating and repeating and repeating. Get over yourself and your GD Vols.

Love ignore.

Bye

Bye Bye!!!