ASK THE AUDIENCE - Rooting Interest

Now that the Big Dance field has been revealed, who are you pulling for?

Among the teams with a shot at winning, I am pulling for UCLA, due to a personal connection to Tyga Campbell's father.

The team I am most invested with SLU out of the picture are the Iowa Hawkeyes, mostly because of a personal connection with Kris Murray.

I hope VCU does well to at least represent the A10 as our best.

Who does Billiken Nation have the feels for? Your grad school, local state U? Let's hear who's got you excited for this week.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Texas has a favorable bracket.  That's my grad school team.

I wouldn't mind seeing College of Charleston do well.  I went to a Citadel vs CoC game a few years back.  Also Utah St. the only Aggies I would root for.

Matty Light likes this

13 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Among the teams with a shot at winning, I am pulling for UCLA, due to a personal connection to Tyga Campbell's father.

The team I am most invested with SLU out of the picture are the Iowa Hawkeyes, mostly because of a personal connection with Kris Murray.

Who does Billiken Nation have the feels for? Your grad school, local state U? Let's hear who's got you excited for this week.

Couldn't care less.   I'll be watching world baseball classic.   

Billiken Rich likes this

21 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Teams with a decent shot -  I too am pulling for UCLA however I have no connection to Tyga. But I did live in LA and enjoyed some late night fraternizing with the ladies of Westwood from time to time.  

I’d like to see VCU lose big to St Mary’s. The A10 sucks this year. A few wins by VCU does absolutely nothing for the A10’s image. 

Indiana seems to have a decent path. My sister and bro-in-law went there (along with several friends) so i’lll probably root for them even though I hate the B10. 

Would also love to see College of Charleston win a few. A close friend of mine attended and the city is great. 

Matty Light likes this

11 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

Definitely rooting for Utah State to knock out Mizzou. Outside of that, would like to see San Diego State make an extended run. 

I'm a fan of Dennis Gates and am envious of the rival program that was able to move past their underachieving nice guy coach and hire someone who could produce results.

Dr. Holly Hills likes this

31 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

We also beat Providence and Drake. Are you hoping they can be Cinderellas?

Nah, they suck.

Since SLU is not in...gotta root for the Vols. Last year I thought they'd advance at least a couple rounds. This year they were hot early and until the injury bug hit I thought they could make a run. Now without Zakai Ziegler their PG and a great defender I'll be surprised if they advance very far. They are still the top defensive team and if they bring it on D and get some offense too I can be mildly surprised with a run. I know the talking heads on CBS did not like their 1st team draw, but that team got waxed by Texas who was one of UT's big wins. Hope springs eternal!!!