SLU Women's Basketball NCAA Tournament Thread

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

For those of you who'd like to remember, or learn for the first time, where this program came from.

https://tubitv.com/movies/330135/the-gray-seasons

WTF? They made a doc about us? I feel like I should have known 😅

8 minutes ago, almaman said:

after sitting thru it 4 real not sure want 2 c again

I mean, if it's underdog documentary style, it might be good. They should update it and add some footage now that they've made the tournament to make it a feel good doc.

18 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I mean, if it's underdog documentary style, it might be good. They should update it and add some footage now that they've made the tournament to make it a feel good doc.

It's very good. It was made by Robert Herrera, not the Athletics Department. It was to feature men's and women's team prior to BS being fired. Majerus had no interest in allowing the film crew access.

And they shouldn't, it's a fantastic film and should not be changed. 

AGB91 likes this

32 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

And they shouldn't, it's a fantastic film and should not be changed. 

Ok but hear me out: just like edit a blurb at the end like some documentaries do, no new footage.

37 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I just got on line to see if the game was going to be televised or not.  I was expecting that it would be televised, but though it would be on ESPN+.  Nope.  The game will be aired on ABC.

For pete's sake, it's the NCAA tournament not the Discount Tire Chicago Classic....I might be crazy, but I believe every game will be on TV in the classic sense across ESPN family of networks.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

For pete's sake, it's the NCAA tournament not the Discount Tire Chicago Classic....I might be crazy, but I believe every game will be on TV in the classic sense across ESPN family of networks.

Yeah, your right.  I think every game is televised, but a lot are only on ESPN+.  I was just pleasantly surprised that the game will be on ABC.  Many of the bigger men's tournament matchups are on TruTV, so ABC is a big step up from that.

Also, in my defense, I bet it is not all that many years back that not all the women's tournament games were televised.

11 minutes ago, almaman said:

indeed it is really getting more coverage than not long ago. wonder if the ch 30 thing is because of being hometown team?

I think it’s nationwide on ABC. The schedule in Chicago has it, so does the local affiliate in NYC, so does the local affiliate in Los Angeles. Nationwide on ABC, it looks like. Plus, the next thing on all those is the women’s game in Storrs, CT.  So a full afternoon of women’s college basketball on ABC nationwide