SLU Women's Basketball NCAA Tournament Thread

Lady Vols will be a handful for the Lady Bills to beat at TBA. Any SLU fans planning the trip to Knoxville will see the Pat Summitt outside the Arena and all of the NCAA Banners she won as the Lady Vols HC. Current HC Kellie Harper played on a NCAA Champion for Pat.

Whos going?????   Im going to try make my way up north from Florida.    This is a historic first.   We will probably lose but who knows?    UT didnt exactly roll UMASS.   UMASS was within 5 in the last minute in Knoxville this season.   Honestly giving us a 13 seed is amazing.    I was sure we would be 15, hoping not a 16.   I volunteer that we kick Tennessee's ass!  

Lord Elrond likes this

10 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

WNIT (64 team field) has 5 A-10 teams (UMass, Rhody, Fordham, St Joes, and Richmond)

Yep, will be curious to see how well they succeed in the NIT. It would be nice to get the A10 back to a multi-bid conference in the NCAA women’s tournament , strong performances by these teams should help with that. The league was a 2 NCAA bid league in 2022, 2018 and 2015, and a 3 NCAA bid league in 2016 and 2014.  Only this year with SLU, 2021 with VCU, and 2017 with Dayton was the A10 conference a single NCAA bid team going back to 2005.

3 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

So Draftkings has us a 23.5 underdog against Tenn. Seems a bit harsh, but who cares? Attack and Advance!

Lol Draftkings is probably just looking at records and reputation. This will be a 10 pt or less spread if they play like they did in the tournament.

Edited by BrettJollyComedyHour

6 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Lol Draftkings is probably just looking at records and reputation. This will be a 10 pt or less spread if they play liked they did in the tournament.

Agreed. I’d say the Billikens even have a chance to catch them by surprise and get a win.  Maybe not a big chance, but the Billikens are playing very well right now.

2 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

Agreed. I’d say the Billikens even have a chance to catch them by surprise and get a win.  Maybe not a big chance, but the Billikens are playing very well right now.

The ladies should take some ancient old Jesuit or nun with them.  Start a 'Bler! style feel good story of the year.......