2023 NCAA Tournament Thread

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, billikenbill said:

The crazy thing is they got in on a technicality. Lost the conference championship to Merrimack but Merrimack is ineligible as they’re in year two of transitioning from D-2 to D-1. Merrimack also won the regular season title.

FDU will be the only NEC team ever to win a game in the NCAA Tourney without winning their conference championship.

Yes but we don't down grade Romar's trip because Cincy top player broke his leg.

Schasz likes this

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Yes but we don't down grade Romar's trip because Cincy top player broke his leg.

Cincy’s player breaking his leg was a technicality? Thanks for the new interpretation of technicality. Very insightful.

19 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Cincy’s player breaking his leg was a technicality? Thanks for the new interpretation of technicality. Very insightful.

No my point was that when an unusual thing happens we don't disregard it.  Sorry that I made this  so hard for you to understand.

6 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

No my point was that when an unusual thing happens we don't disregard it.  Sorry that I made this  so hard for you to understand.

I was thrilled that SLU was in the NCAA that year and it did not matter to me what the circumstances were for their getting into the Tourney.

It’s Game Day in Sacramento. I am in my pregame review of the Mizzou roster and stats. Mizzou has 10 D-1 transfers, starts 3 grad students and 2 Seniors. Building that roster that quickly, in less than one year, seems remarkable. After Princeton upset Arizona, Mizzou would appear to have a wide open window to the Sweet 16. 

Sagarin says MU by 6 over Princeton, and home Golden State (albeit from SoCal) UCLA by 7 over Northwestern. 

Ms. BAB and I will be there, taking Amtrak up to Sac, are looking forward to the spectacle. 

brianstl likes this

34 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

LOL. You’re hilarious.

2 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

It’s Game Day in Sacramento. I am in my pregame review of the Mizzou roster and stats. Mizzou has 10 D-1 transfers, starts 3 grad students and 2 Seniors. Building that roster that quickly, in less than one year, seems remarkable. After Princeton upset Arizona, Mizzou would appear to have a wide open window to the Sweet 16. 

Sagarin says MU by 6 over Princeton, and home Golden State (albeit from SoCal) UCLA by 7 over Northwestern. 

Ms. BAB and I will be there, taking Amtrak up to Sac, are looking forward to the spectacle. 

4 of those transfers came with Gates form Cleveland State. The best of the bunch being Hodge who is averaging 15 points 4 rebounds this season (48/41/73). 

15 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

UCLA is one of my favorite teams to watch.  Might be the best defensive team in the country.

10 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Has another program lost to a 15 seed in the first and second round? 

Good question, I don’t think so.

Arizona gets to say they were surprised by Princeton.  Mizzou doesn’t get to say that, they knew what happened to Arizona.

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

8 Big Ten teams were in the NCAA Tourney, 7 received at large bids.  6 of the 8 are already OUT, with 2 left, but playing today, Indiana and Mich. State. 

That’s why people’s focus should be on changing the corrupt format instead of bitching about the coach 24/7. No conference should be receiving more than 4 or 5 bids..

8 Big Ten teams were in the NCAA Tourney, 7 received at large bids.  6 of the 8 are already OUT, with 2 left, but playing today, Indiana and Mich. State. 

Let's hope they both lose.   All power conf losses are good.   Of course that happens and the NCAA will change the rules to get in even more 

Which raises the obvious question, why were so many invited in the first place? Based on results in the tournament, that many teams from the Big Ten DID NOT BELONG in the tournament. Yet, year after year, somehow they get in, with the same results every year. And what are the consistent big stories of the tournament? Underdogs from smaller conferences. The NCAA is actually hurting the appeal of the tournament by stuffing it with all these Power 5 teams that lose quickly. If they actually “deserved” to be there, why are they sent home so quickly?