2023 NCAA Tournament Thread

10 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

That really was a solid non-conference schedule with 7 of 12 D-1 opponents making the dance.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

That really was a solid non-conference schedule with 7 of 12 D-1 opponents making the dance.

It really was as good a schedule. It makes you wonder where we would've ended up if we had beaten Auburn, Boise St, and Edwardsville. The opportunity seemed there.

11 hours ago, Schasz said:

Cannot believe I'm saying this but go Tigers...never have rooted for them in Hoops, but their Lady AD appears to have hired a HC who at least appears to know what he is doing. NCAA Tourney in his initial season when no one really thought they had the talent to make it is an impressive start! This SLU fan is rather envious.

I've been since I was in single digits born raised & never left the state, loved basketball since first watched, the tournament one of the coolest things in American life so I apologize to no one except for those that say don't feed the trolls.

Where are all the Tiger 🐅 fans? At last look, plenty of good and cheap tickets remain on StubHub  for the Missouri Tigers appearance Thursday morning (PDT) in Sacramento. Are all the loyal Tiger fans still searching for those scrapped non-stop flights? Arizona plays in the same session and is expected to bring its large contention of supporters.

Will cupcakes be served at Thursday morning’s pregame Brunch?

Tickets are scarcer for the evening session, which involves nearby, by Western standards, Boise State and our home Golden State UCLA Bruins, the former UC Southern Branch,  the Pride of Westwood, the Southland and the City of Angels. 

UCLA is always fun to watch, brings West Coast entertaining Hoops, a great Band, Hollywood typecast cheerleaders, the whole package. U-C-L-A, UCLA Rah Rah Rah!

1 minute ago, Schasz said:

If my wife was not battling Stage 4 Cancer we'd surely head to Orlando to see her TN Vols play on Thursday.

I wish your family the best and hope for a speedy recovery.

1 minute ago, SluSignGuy said:

I wish your family the best and hope for a speedy recovery.

Thank you Steve...she found out last week the chemo did not completely work as planned so they are going to start a new drug that does gets commercial time on TV. She's a fighter and her family is hoping this drug will work!

Coach314 and Bills71 like this

1 minute ago, Schasz said:

Thank you Steve...she found out last week the chemo did not completely work as planned so they are going to start a new drug that does gets commercial time on TV. She's a fighter and her family is hoping this drug will work!

I hope it does work, wishing your family the best in difficult times.

51 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Wishing you and your family the best and quick recovery for your wife with this new treatment.

1 hour ago, Schasz said:

If my wife was not battling Stage 4 Cancer we'd surely head to Orlando to see her TN Vols play on Thursday. Unfortunately, her energy level is not up to the trip now so we'll watch the game on TV.

Sorry to hear that my best wishes. My sister is doing the same. 

Just now, Slu let the dogs out? said:

SEMO refusing to go away 

It’s like watching a Bills game.

TAMCC gets up by 8-10 and instead of putting them away let’s SEMO hang around. 
3 minutes to go and TAMCC are endanger of blowing a lead they have had almost the entire game.

8 hours ago, Schasz said:

If my wife was not battling Stage 4 Cancer we'd surely head to Orlando to see her TN Vols play on Thursday. Unfortunately, her energy level is not up to the trip now so we'll watch the game on TV.

Sorry to hear that. I wish your wife a full and speedy recovery. 

majerus mojo likes this

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

It’s like watching a Bills game.

TAMCC gets up by 8-10 and instead of putting them away let’s SEMO hang around. 
3 minutes to go and TAMCC are endanger of blowing a lead they have had almost the entire game.

It’s like déjà view all over again!

Tied at 64. 

1 minute ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Lol to those big10 fans who wanted Rutgers in the NCAA, just lost to Hofstra at home as the #1 seed in NIT

Hate when people do this. Gee I wonder why a team wouldn’t be super up for a NIT game after getting their hearts ripped out on Sun. NIT results don’t prove a thing 

11 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Hate when people do this. Gee I wonder why a team wouldn’t be super up for a NIT game after getting their hearts ripped out on Sun. NIT results don’t prove a thing 

Oh please. If you’re a competitor you’d want to win and not get shown up. People get all riled up for rec league games. Once you start the adrenaline kicks in and you play for pride

6 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Oh please. If you’re a competitor you’d want to win and not get shown up. People get all riled up for rec league games. Once you start the adrenaline kicks in and you play for pride

Especially in the NIL era. Seems to me if I saw a player dogging it in a game and then in the transfer portal, it would make me not want to spend any NIL money on him. Players who want NIL money should be aware they are being watched and evaluated every time they are on the court.

9 hours ago, Schasz said:

Prayers for your wife and family. 

Bills71 likes this

29 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Especially in the NIL era. Seems to me if I saw a player dogging it in a game and then in the transfer portal, it would make me not want to spend any NIL money on him. Players who want NIL money should be aware they are being watched and evaluated every time they are on the court.

Not suggesting anyone would be dogging it but it’s a giant let down spot for them 

BilliesBy40 likes this