2023 NCAA Tournament Thread

The Golden State, still the Nation’s most populous state, set to become the World’s Fourth Largest Economy, welcomes the Missouri Tigers to Sacramento,  Mizzou vs. Utah State in the 7-10 matchup on Thursday in California’s Capitol City. 

Meanwhile, the 5 Seed Galloping Gaels of St. Mary’s are sent completely across the Country to challenge 12 Seed VCU and its interesting brand of “Defense” on Friday in Albany, NY. Contrasting styles will be on display. 

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

I’m planning to go to Sacramento TH, will be wearing Billiken Blue gear, just to give those Mizzou visitors something else with which to think. If times allow, I might take the Capitol Corridor train. 

-interesting in that they are in and weren't expected to be and we are not in and were expected to be

49 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-interesting in that they are in and weren't expected to be and we are not in and were expected to be

Sports can be unpredictable. 

Mizzou plays TH at 10:40 am Pacific (12:40 pm Central). Arizona plays Princeton afterward at 1:10 pm Pacific in the same pod. The UCLA Bruins play UNC Asheville in Sacramento TH night, after Northwestern vs. Boise State. 

Mizzou is a 2.5 point underdog vs. Utah State from the Mountain West, o155. 

Cannot believe I'm saying this but go Tigers...never have rooted for them in Hoops, but their Lady AD appears to have hired a HC who at least appears to know what he is doing. NCAA Tourney in his initial season when no one really thought they had the talent to make it is an impressive start! This SLU fan is rather envious.

5 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Cannot believe I'm saying this but go Tigers...never have rooted for them in Hoops, but their Lady AD appears to have hired a HC who at least appears to know what he is doing. NCAA Tourney in his initial season when no one really thought they had the talent to make it is an impressive start! This SLU fan is rather envious.

😂😂

White Pelican likes this

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

With all the non-stop flights between STL and NorCal cut, maybe Mizzou coming Out West will help get those non-stops restored. This family unit needs them.

Now that BAB enterprises has expanded into agribusiness, BAB has become a veritable Aggie …

I sure hope so! With 4 kids layovers are a non-starter for us.

1 hour ago, Schasz said:

Tennessee_Lady_Volunteers_logo.svg.png

1 hour ago, Schasz said:

Now you lost me.  I was OK with you before but you're dead to me now. 

The A_Bomb...sorry to disappoint but I believe we are all entitled to have our own opinion on the NCAA Tourney games. I believe I gave an honest reason why I like them in the first game. Don't think they are going far this year; however, you can bet your sweet life that they will be in St. Louis trying to pick off any and all of the top rated players from now on. As a SLU fan I will be concerned as everyone on this website should be!

Is it gonna be non-stop “Fire Ford” banter between now and November? If so, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP.

I’d prefer learning more about the transfer prospect Messiah Jones than who will be our next coaching messiah.

2 hours ago, Schasz said:

The A_Bomb...sorry to disappoint but I believe we are all entitled to have our own opinion on the NCAA Tourney games. I believe I gave an honest reason why I like them in the first game. Don't think they are going far this year; however, you can bet your sweet life that they will be in St. Louis trying to pick off any and all of the top rated players from now on. As a SLU fan I will be concerned as everyone on this website should be!

Do you look in the mirror every time you call yourself a SLU fan to convince yourself it’s true?

Here's the reality:  if Ford is not fired by end of March/beginning of April, then he will be our coach next year.  There is no need to pursue this point or opinion past then.  With current roster players moving on from the coach if fired, with current recruits reopening their recruitment with the current coach being fired, the new guy comes in with both feet in a bucket --- no returning players and no recruits.  Sure, you can do that but the hole is even bigger.  That was the dilemma even Majerus faced.

Count me in the group that says Travis Ford is our coach next year.  Start bundling the kindle under his seat.

billikenbill likes this