GDT: A10 Tournament - VCU

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

I didn’t see the game because I was traveling but from what I read on the board it mustn’t have been a very competitive game. Ford is not a coach who can figure a way to help his players succeed at a high level. All eyes will be on him this offseason and next season. May will have the same scrutiny 

The 5-0 start was nice but then we turned it over on 7 of the next 8 possessions. From the 10 min. mark of the first half we outscored them 26-16 to only be down 5 at the half. The 6-23 start from the floor in the second half sealed the deal although to their credit the Bills kept playing hard and outscored them 21-8 to end the game. Bottom line is VCU was on fire from the floor in the first half and we turned it over too much. Franco's injury wouldn't have prevented a loss but without his presence we had no shot.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, billikenbill said:

The 5-0 start was nice but then we turned it over on 7 of the next 8 possessions. From the 10 min. mark of the first half we outscored them 26-16 to only be down 5 at the half. The 6-23 start from the floor in the second half sealed the deal although to their credit the Bills kept playing hard and outscored them 21-8 to end the game. Bottom line is VCU was on fire from the floor in the first half and we turned it over too much. Franco's injury wouldn't have prevented a loss but without his presence we had no shot.

That Francis injury looked so bad…

2 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

That Francis injury looked so bad…

Ford said it was a "bad" sprain. Having had so many bad ankle sprains I have to wear a brace on my ankle, I feel for Franco.

4 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Thanks

35 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Good summary. Basically, they are better than us. The proofs in the 3 losses. Give them credit they play hard every play. 

4 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Let the transfer portal fun begin!

I’m going to be honest, this season took a lot out of me. I know I’m not getting season tickets again next season (mostly to save $2k on something we weren’t using), but hopefully we have a team that gets me excited again. I certainly have no expectations at this point.

And please VCU, beat Dayton tomorrow.

I am excited about buying a bunch of talent that should get to us to the second weekend of the tournament, having a disappointing regular season, getting smoked in the conference semifinals and not being a factor on selection Sunday next season.  We haven’t done it with buying talent before.  Should be interesting being crushed in a new way a year from now.

This AD better wake up, because the MLS team down the street has taken the region by storm. You thought the Greatest Show On Turf years were bad for attendance, you can bet your ass this will be worst. When Ford got here, City SC didn’t exist , the local NFL left , the Blues (sans 2019) and Mizzou were both down. There was an opening for SLU to capture the casual fan, and in classic fashion, they stumbled and now it’s been slammed shut. Good luck selling this crap to them.

35 minutes ago, BC1764 said:

This AD better wake up, because the MLS team down the street has taken the region by storm. You thought the Greatest Show On Turf years were bad for attendance, you can bet your ass this will be worst. When Ford got here, City SC didn’t exist , the local NFL left , the Blues (sans 2019) and Mizzou were both down. There was an opening for SLU to capture the casual fan, and in classic fashion, they stumbled and now it’s been slammed shut. Good luck selling this crap to them.

34 games a season, the ones that concur with our regular season this year were 3 all @ the end of the season, so u r maybe 11% correct, a level which would make u almost tolerable round here if u could maintain it. drop off practice maybe come back here in November:)

32 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

image.png.7fad6076be0d27e500562fff50d57bae.pngThe Billiken Posse meets in executive session at Tavern on the Green in the Big 🍎 Apple. I ❤️ NY.

Out of likes. You should convert this to an oil painting and have it hung in the entrance to the Champions Center when it opens.

I’d kill for some Tavern brunch right about now. 

TheChosenOne likes this

Was gone yesterday and finally got around to watching this game. Can we add some sort of disclaimer to the board that tells fans not to watch the replay after such a horrific performance? We got outplayed, outworked, outcoached, outeverything. Once again VCU had adjustments for us after playing twice but we just rolled out the same plan as always. And the players looked like they didn't belong on the same court. I actually think that game was up there for worst performance of the year 

TheChosenOne likes this

4 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

image.png.7fad6076be0d27e500562fff50d57bae.pngThe Billiken Posse meets in executive session at Tavern on the Green in the Big 🍎 Apple. I ❤️ NY.

I like that your positioning for the pose used left a spot for me or SLU72 to stand.