A10 Portal News

17 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Likely goes to Providence with his coach. This is what happens when mid majors lose their coach. It’s sad that some can’t figure this out. 

People don’t know that players go with their coach when they switch jobs? Assumed that was widely known… 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

People don’t know that players go with their coach when they switch jobs? Assumed that was widely known… 

Apparently not, or they wouldn’t want to gut a team that consistently wins 20+ games. Some also don’t seem to understand that the better mid major players don’t transfer to another mid major school when there coach leaves they go to a P6 school…

49 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Apparently not, or they wouldn’t want to gut a team that consistently wins 20+ games. Some also don’t seem to understand that the better mid major players don’t transfer to another mid major school when there coach leaves they go to a P6 school…

Who suggested he wasn’t likely to go Providence or that he might go to another mid major school?

9 hours ago, brianstl said:

Who suggested he wasn’t likely to go Providence or that he might go to another mid major school?

You’re missing the point, as usual, the players leave when the coach goes, unfortunately being a mid major, top P6 players are not likely to transfer down to a lower level when a new coach is brought in. The system is most advantageous when a mid major coach is moving up, as in the case of English. I agree with you it is highly unlikely Ford would be moving to a P6 school.

11 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

You’re missing the point, as usual, the players leave when the coach goes, unfortunately being a mid major, top P6 players are not likely to transfer down to a lower level when a new coach is brought in. The system is most advantageous when a mid major coach is moving up, as in the case of English. I agree with you it is highly unlikely Ford would be moving to a P6 school.

The mid majors are ripe with P6 players transferring down.  Players go where it is best for them.

3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

The mid majors are ripe with P6 players transferring down.  Players go where it is best for them.

This is a point 3 star use to make. I haven't seen that much of it. If you have a lot of examples I would be interested. 

8 minutes ago, willie said:

This is a point 3 star use to make. I haven't seen that much of it. If you have a lot of examples I would be interested. 

bess for us, moore for fordham came from georgia tech, come to mind would have to dig around for more examples

7 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

bess for us, moore for fordham came from georgia tech, come to mind would have to dig around for more examples

Bess was pre portal. I am not saying it never happens just don't believe that is where most of the transfers are coming from. 

3 minutes ago, willie said:

Bess was pre portal. I am not saying it never happens just don't believe that is where most of the transfers are coming from. 

i am sure you are correct, like to see those stats, likely a good number of portal guys end up other than d-1 schools

1 hour ago, dennis_w said:

true, but they were not stars and in fact were bench players at those schools...there are few if any starters at P6 schools transferring to lower level places..

10 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Do some of them end up nowhere? End up heading to D2, D3, or NAIA because they don’t get a scholarship offer from anyone?

Yes. It will be interesting to see where Kramer ends up as a RS Freshman with only his high school resume’ to show. Was thinking about that today and was wondering if a Lindenwood or Semo would offer him, or will he have to go D-2.

2 hours ago, willie said:

Well there have been plenty who were in the Dance from what I heard the announcers talking about where a player came from.

12 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

There was no qualitative metric in the original question.

The original question was whether there are a number [a lot] of P 6 players transferring down to mid majors. My unsupported guess is no. Asking for examples. 

26 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

There was no qualitative metric in the original question.

actually there was...i said top P6  players.........

"You’re missing the point, as usual, the players leave when the coach goes, unfortunately being a mid major, top P6 players are not likely to transfer down to a lower level when a new coach is brought in. "

59 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I still don't believe in the hype with who they have coaching.  But I know that is also said about our team from other fans in the conference so. glass houses. 

On 3/23/2023 at 8:38 PM, HoosierPal said:

Duquesne and SJU join the portal club today.  Davidson and Fordham remain outliers.

ttps://twitter.com/A10Vault/status/1639060016245231618?s=20

Doing a little research, Katsock in fact is on Davidson's roster, so that completes the portal party invites.  A10 is totally in!