Other Conference Tournaments

One game I am sort of excited to watch is the Southland Conference Championship between TA&M-CC and Northwestern St..  Richland, MO High School grad Corey Gipson is the first year, first time head coach at Northwestern St.  Northwestern State's top four scorers are all from Missouri.  Three are transfers from MO St who left with Gipson when he left an assistant position at MO St for the Northwestern St. job.  The fourth is a freshman from St. Louis (U City/Link Prep) G Jalen Hampton.  I don't think we were ever interested in any of the four, but Isaac Haney got some attention on here when he was in high school.  The Southland POY and DPOY Demarcus Sharp might have been a really nice back-up point guard option.  The others are probably at a level where they can be most effective.  

Boeheim out at Syracuse. Love the way that game ended with Wake hitting a buzzer-beating three to send that grumpy curmudgeon into retirement.

6 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

Wisconsin’s bubble goes pop!

UNC might get in now (ugh).  1 Quad 1 win.

Pulling hard for UVa tomorrow to take down UNC.

Lando Griffin likes this

6 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hG1hHmKC8

From the Big East Tourney, DePaul and Seton Hall with a crazy final minute. Definitely worth a watch.

indeed thnx 4 posting was watching along with 4 other games sound off & didn't catch ending.

March weather sucks, Madness of D1 men's hoops more than compensates

billikenbill likes this

9 hours ago, billikenbill said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hG1hHmKC8

From the Big East Tourney, DePaul and Seton Hall with a crazy final minute. Definitely worth a watch.

At least they got it right.  They forgot about the Xavier - Butler game last month which was won on a controversial goal tend at 0.0 on the clock.

19 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Grambling plays 830p tonight, favored by 5.5. Does CAG play?

No idea. A quick check of the Grambling website shows his bio is still listed under the roster, and no announcement saying he’s not on the team. I’ve seen at other schools where someone gets in trouble they remove him from the on-line roster within hours. There’s not even anything on their basketball website about him being in trouble. I guess take a look when the game starts.

5 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

No idea. A quick check of the Grambling website shows his bio is still listed under the roster, and no announcement saying he’s not on the team. I’ve seen at other schools where someone gets in trouble they remove him from the on-line roster within hours. There’s not even anything on their basketball website about him being in trouble. I guess take a look when the game starts.

He just got in trouble again:

https://hbcusports.com/2023/03/07/grambling-states-second-leading-scorer-among-four-athletes-arrested-in-campus-home-invasion/?amp

20 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

That’s the trouble I was talking about. He didn’t play their last game. No idea about tonight 

VeniceMenace likes this

54 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

i thought i read yesterday somewhere the tree thugs are still being held in jail?   maybe not.   i think the 8 or 9 chances for gordon is sufficient.   he needs to be told his basketball career is over and spend a little time as a guest of the state imo.  

42 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

Looks like we could get an AAC Semifinals with all 4 teams members of the original 12 CUSA teams.

Houston vs Cincinnati is happening.

Memphis vs Tulane is the betting favorite for the other game.

interesting good eye

Texas vs KU in the B12 championship.  Some intrigue in this game as Bill Self is hospitalized and will not be on the sideline.  Texas interim coach and B12 Coach of the year had his salary doubled after taking over as HC.  He made $850,000/year and he's looking at a 2 seed in the NCAA tournament.