Poll - would you buy NIT or CBI tickets for a SLU home game?

would you buy NIT or CBI tickets for a SLU home game?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. would you buy NIT or CBI tickets if SLU has a home game?

It is crazy to me that there are people who are big enough fans of SLU basketball to read and post on this forum regularly, yet would not go to a post-season home game. I know this season was a disappointment but don't we all love watching basketball and the billikens? 

(EDIT: I do understand if you live out of town.)

Edited by SLUMedBilliken15
Gremio14 and RUBillsFan like this

4 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

It is crazy to me that there are people who are big enough fans of SLU basketball to read and post on this forum regularly, yet would not go to a post-season home game. I know this season was a disappointment but don't we all love watching basketball and the billikens? 

(EDIT: I do understand if you live out of town.)

Regular season, A10 tourney, NCAA tourney, NIT I put life on hold for the Billikens. Other engagements get skipped to go to games. 

I won’t put life on hold for the CBI. 
I’ll go if possible. If Something comes up and I can’t make it I’ll DVR it and watch it later. 

The CBI is all held in one location now. Last year it was in Daytona Beach with 16 teams with the event running from 3-19 to 3-23, so even if we went, there won’t be a home game.

With that setup, I say if the players say they want to play and SLU ponies up the entry fee, then do it.

The only way I want to watch this team play past this weekend is if they win in Brooklyn.  I can not overstate how much of a chore it has been to try to get myself to care about this team since mid January.  It has been my least enjoyable season ever as a Billiken fan because of its unfulfilled potential to this point.  They have been completely frustrating to watch all season.  I can't understand how any sane fan would want to subject themselves to more of this in the NIT or the CBI.  That's not healthy. 

Now if this team can carry over what they did against Dayton and play to their potential by winning in Brooklyn, I'm all in.  This team playing to their potential is pretty damn good.  It is a team that could win a game or two in the NCAA tournament.   I want few things more than my dad to see his beloved Billikens in the second weekend of the tournament finally.  I wish my uncle would have had the chance to see it.  Just getting to the NCAA tournament would fix some of my issues with the program right now and the hope, even if it only last to the first game in the tournament, that this could actually be our year................

Well that would erase most of what a frustrating and infuriating season it has been to this point.  Getting to the Sweet Sixteen would erase all of it.

All that said, let's win in Brooklyn.  I have been selling to myself that it is going to happen and then you never know what could happen in the tournament.

I would not buy tix to the CBI and honestly 50/50 on the NIT. This season has been the topper. Every year the program has some excuse for their uninspired season.  This poll is not about season tix so no need to conflate the two. I have given enough money and emotion to this team’s years of lack of growth. All people want is a group that plays hard and shows toughness.  When I say group I mean everyone associated with team.  Sometimes you just need to step back and take a breather. 

27 minutes ago, longtimelistenerfirsttimec said:

Its a game not the garden of good and evil if you are that upset drop your tickets it is suppose to be fun yes i will go because i would have fun

Yeah man it’s supposed to be fun, but this ain’t fun. And before you say anything, it’s the team that is making it so. 

brianstl and Bizziken like this