• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

https://twitter.com/totally_t_bomb/status/1664111307010846722?s=20

Relevant. 

Also - Bring back embedded tweets. Incarcerate android users. 

It seems that as soon as players are getting paid various amounts based on perceived value, it makes team gelling and overall performance plummet.  See UNC. 

it’s fascinating actually 

2 hours ago, JMM28 said:

https://twitter.com/totally_t_bomb/status/1664111307010846722?s=20

Relevant. 

Also - Bring back embedded tweets. Incarcerate android users. 

While surely this is in jest I always wonder why Apple is treated like some deity by its users?  And why those users feel the need to ridicule people who don't use the same phone as them.  I just don't see android users, or really any users of other competing apple technology proselytizing how great their product is. 

rgbilliken likes this

9 hours ago, thetorch said:

While surely this is in jest I always wonder why Apple is treated like some deity by its users?  And why those users feel the need to ridicule people who don't use the same phone as them.  I just don't see android users, or really any users of other competing apple technology proselytizing how great their product is. 

Probably some embedded Chinese propaganda subconsciously influencing the users. I use Korean Samsung products.  In 7 years all those Chinese made products might be hard to come by (1). Maybe Apple will be made in Northern Mexico but the shift will take time.

1. Zeihan, "The End of the World is Just Beginning." Harper Business, 2022.

17 minutes ago, thetorch said:

It is strange, especially since Google/Android is frequently ahead of Apple from a pure phone tech perspective 

5 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

It is strange, especially since Google/Android is frequently ahead of Apple from a pure phone tech perspective 

Except in displaying embedded tweets on billikens.com, apparently. 🤔

Apple used to be kind of "punk rock" in the 80s and 90s, competing as a small company against the huge leviathon of Microsoft with all its monopolies, anti trust suits, and poor product rollouts.  But Apple has just become Microsoft now, and actually, they are worse than Microsoft ever was. From a business standpoint despite advances in program integration Iphones still just aren't as productive as androids can be with most companies existing software.

2023 Portal.....

There were 2674 players who entered the portal this year.

1425 have committed

54 have withdrawn

1195 remaining....45% of the original total

Top 10 players still available in the Portal...These players represent players from the top 5% of the original Portal.

Rank....Name-Pos-Ht...............Original Portal Rank..........Last School attended

1........Grant Nelson..PF..6-11...................6th......................................N. Dak St.....$163K NIL Value

2......Mike Sharavjamts..SF..6-8.............43rd....................................Dayton

3.....David Jones..PG..6-6.......................51st.....................................St. John's

4....Zyon Pullin..PG..6-4...........................57th.....................................UC-Riverside

5....Arthur Kaluma..PF..6-8......................71st......................................Creighton

6....Aziz Bandaogo..C..7-0.......................83rd.....................................Akron

7....Kruz Perrott-Hunt..SG..6-3...............100th....................................S. Dak

8....Deshawndre Washington..CG..6-7...103rd...................................N Mex St.

9....Connor Vanover..C..7-3.....................110th...................................ORU

10...Carte 'Are Gordon..C..6-8.................118th...................................Grambling St.

JMM28 likes this

40 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

1. Zeihan, "The End of the World is Just Beginning." Harper Business, 2022.

Fascinating guy.  His appearance on Rogan was interesting.  His extreme confidence in his ideas is slightly disconcerting but interesting none-the-less....

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

No one cares about any of this

Like just show me the embedded tweet, that's it

HoosierPal, gobillsgo and JMM28 like this

8 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

Fascinating guy.  His appearance on Rogan was interesting.  His extreme confidence in his ideas is slightly disconcerting but interesting none-the-less....

Books are on Audible and are very good.  Some high level US strategic thinkers/doers read him and are influenced by him.  He nailed the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Sorry for placing this here, it feels relevant for the transfer discussion. Can anyone confirm that Thames really is at least 6’7”? How about 6’8”?

6'7.5" - blue font - seriously one inch is not that critical.