Transfers - 2023

ACE

5 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

I know Cisse was only a freshman, but it's going to take a lot of work to get him servicable. I'd much rather see what Vice or Zhang can do if someone is getting pushed out. I also think SLU under-recruits bigs every year, but would be nice if we could find a stretch big.

I agree. I would like to see four bigs on the roster. Within the group - at least one high level shot-bloacker and a stretch big, which would allow you to play two bigs at the same time in certain match-ups. Also a reliable low post scorer and a good passer in the group. The 4th big should be a freshman for developmental purposes.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, ACE said:

I agree. I would like to see four bigs on the roster. Within the group - at least one high level shot-bloacker and a stretch big, which would allow you to play two bigs at the same time in certain match-ups. Also a reliable low post scorer and a good passer in the group. The 4th big should be a freshman for developmental purposes.

from limited viewing and comments from rammer among others, momo might be that stretch 4-5 and definitely vice is a candidate for that role

1 hour ago, ACE said:

I like this guy's numbers - good size, versatile game, probably needs to cut down on turnovers a bit, but he seems like a player on the rise with a local connection.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Im 10000% locked in on the Gilbert train. 

Per 40 stats are Ace baldwin level with offense and defense 

16.6 ppg, 2.4 steals(!), 4.6 assists, 5.6 reb, 38% from 3, and 46% FG.  His TO are too high, really his only problem. 

Gilbert's offensive numbers are somewhat misleading.  Offensively he had up and down season and was much better overall in the first half of the season than the second.  That said I really like him and he would have been our best guard/wing defensively last season.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Really, there is no typical timeline. It can be days, weeks, months. Every situation is different. We've signed guys in mid-late summer. We could get a commitment this week.

Appreciate your work breaking down all of these recruits, make my life a lot easier. Hoping we get some good news in the coming weeks.

Pistol likes this

7 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

the brad beal jersey may have given the writer the wrong idea of where he is from\

Thought that too, but this tweet was from a STL hs skills coach. oh well. 

On 3/21/2023 at 8:55 AM, Pistol said:

What's the full list of confirmed contacts? Here's what I've seen:

Robert Jennings (Texas Tech)
C.J. Noland (Oklahoma)
Elijah Hutchins-Everett (Austin Peay)
Demarcus Sharp (Northwestern State)
Greg Dolan (Cornell)
Essam Mostafa (East Carolina)
Khalif Battle (Temple)
Camren Hunter (Central Arkansas)
Langston Wilson (Washington)
Joshua Rivera (Lafayette)
Mike Meadows (Portland)
Josh Cohen (St. Francis PA)
De'Anthony Tipler (ETSU)

Anyone missing?

Any of these guys a 4 that can shoot?  We haven’t had a player over 6’6 that can knock down a three in over a decade.

Give me some 3 and D guys too.  Run and gun doesn’t work.  I think everyone thought it’d be fun to experiment with, but you can’t sub defense for tempo.  We need JGOOD clones and some shooters 

53 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Any of these guys a 4 that can shoot?  We haven’t had a player over 6’6 that can knock down a three in over a decade.

Give me some 3 and D guys too.  Run and gun doesn’t work.  I think everyone thought it’d be fun to experiment with, but you can’t sub defense for tempo.  We need JGOOD clones and some shooters 

Rob Loe

Elliott Welmer

Jalen Johnson

Yarbrough shot 36% from three his last year here. Was he 6'6 or 6'7?

7 hours ago, Fraz said:

The Oden dude WG and Dennis have been talking about shot 34% from 3 last season (1/3 per game). Better % than Andrew Carr. Good enough to keep the defense honest.  He’s improved his 3PT shooting percentage each year (24, 30, 34). EDIT: I guess he’s not a 4?

On 3/21/2023 at 1:07 PM, ACE said:

I would very much love to see SLU start 2 bigs ..... big center and a stretch 4.

HenryB likes this

12 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Let's see how serious the NCAA is about enforcing this memo. I'll bet it is conveniently forgotten.

I’m gonna say the “mental health and well being” portion is gonna be a pretty easy out for anyone who wants it.  How can you argue someone isn’t having issues with mental health at a certain school?