Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Soderball said:

WVU didn't deserve to go and proved it with yet another loss today.

Crazy how many times that WVU team has lost this year. They've really piled them up.

As a 9 seed, they lost to the 8 seed by 2 pts. Looks like the seeding was dead on. 

Fordham and their 132 NET would have been blown off the court. 

BilliesBy40 likes this

1 hour ago, David King said:

As a 9 seed, they lost to the 8 seed by 2 pts. Looks like the seeding was dead on. 

Fordham and their 132 NET would have been blown off the court. 

Yep.  The last spread I saw prior to the game had WV by 2.5, also a close spread.

6 hours ago, Soderball said:

The truth about you comes out. You're a Bob Huggins fan. Heretic.

I went to SLU and it is the team I follow and cheer for the most.  But yes, I also have connections to MIZZOU and WVU.  So I cheer for those teams too but to a much lesser extent.  Never understood fans that can't cheer for more than one team.  

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

I went to SLU and it is the team I follow and cheer for the most.  But yes, I also have connections to MIZZOU and WVU.  So I cheer for those teams too but to a much lesser extent.  Never understood fans that can't cheer for more than one team.  

I’m sure most reasonable Billikens fans wouldn’t hold it against you rooting for WVU, but MIZZOU?  That’s where most would draw the line.

There are number of teams that built really good teams from the transfer portal (see Mizzou, Arkansas, Texas Tech, Providence, Iowa State, etc.).

Right now it looks like SLU has somewhere between 4 to 5 slots to fill.  Does Hughes stay off scholarship (Larry Senior's gift to the basketball program?)  Does anyone else leave?  I say it's likely.

As of now the squad includes Parker, Hargrove, Cisse, Hughes, Thames, Rivera, Zhang, Vice, and Medley.  That's 9 scholarship spots, 8 if Hughes is not on scholarship. I hope Jimerson come back, but doubt it.  Yuri is gone, gone, gone in my very uneducated opinion.

So an earlier poster said next year will be a down year.  I think Ford brings enough talent in to be in the upper third of the A10.  So let's get this thread back to subject ..... transfers.  What high level regional talent might want to come back home after experiencing life away from the St. Louis area?  I see Davion Bradford is moving on.  He was a highly rated recruit.  I am sure there are others from the St. Louis region.

Thinking these next couple months will be very interesting indeed for us Billiken fans. 

5 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

There are number of teams that built really good teams from the transfer portal (see Mizzou, Arkansas, Texas Tech, Providence, Iowa State, etc.).

Right now it looks like SLU has somewhere between 4 to 5 slots to fill.  Does Hughes stay off scholarship (Larry Senior's gift to the basketball program?)  Does anyone else leave?  I say it's likely.

As of now the squad includes Parker, Hargrove, Cisse, Hughes, Thames, Rivera, Zhang, Vice, and Medley.  That's 9 scholarship spots, 8 if Hughes is not on scholarship. I hope Jimerson come back, but doubt it.  Yuri is gone, gone, gone in my very uneducated opinion.

So an earlier poster said next year will be a down year.  I think Ford brings enough talent in to be in the upper third of the A10.  So let's get this thread back to subject ..... transfers.  What high level regional talent might want to come back home after experiencing life away from the St. Louis area?  I see Davion Bradford is moving on.  He was a highly rated recruit.  I am sure there are others from the St. Louis region.

Thinking these next couple months will be very interesting indeed for us Billiken fans. 

I’d give Phil Russell a call to see if he’s interested in coming back to succeed his cousin as PG. Allows Medley to learn the job off the bench initially. 

Others have mentioned Turnbull from Butler. 

4 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Me either Go Vols!!!

9 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

I’d give Phil Russell a call to see if he’s interested in coming back to succeed his cousin as PG. Allows Medley to learn the job off the bench initially. 

Others have mentioned Turnbull from Butler. 

Phil Russell had 12 technical fouls this year...that's insanse...no thank you.

15 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

Phil Russell had 12 technical fouls this year...that's insanse...no thank you.

I agree for the most part but I think that is something this years team could have used. 
someone to add a little fire to the team.

Like a goon starting a fight in NHL games.

we have our players to man the point guard position.   medley will be fine and young hughes made great strides learning the position.   let's fill other roles. 

On 3/15/2023 at 3:02 PM, Slowry said:

You can’t pull your “team leader, face of the program, coach on the floor, pro ready, number one point guard in the nation” what kind of a message would that send.  

Still no portal news from Gibby.  Of course there’s no deadline. 

23 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

That now has two meanings:  1) getting paid by a professional basketball team and 2) getting paid by a NCAA team.  🙃

Gotta file tax returns under both cases.

ha, good point

8 hours ago, 757billiken said:

Maybe I am in the minority, but I hope Gibson stays.

The deadline is May 11th to avoid sitting out a year.

I'd be overjoyed if Gibson decided to come back. I don't know how anyone could want Gibson to leave. Yuri, I get. After he put his name in the transfer portal and the rumors with Tennessee started, I think he lost a lot of goodwill and was more focused on the clothing line than winning basketball games. This year also exposed a lot of issues with game management, even though he was still an elite passer.

22 hours ago, CenHudDude said:

I’m sure most reasonable Billikens fans wouldn’t hold it against you rooting for WVU, but MIZZOU?  That’s where most would draw the line.

Agreed. Most SLU fans will probably root for WVU at least while Jimmy Bell Jr is on the team. 

9 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

I'd be overjoyed if Gibson decided to come back. I don't know how anyone could want Gibson to leave. Yuri, I get. After he put his name in the transfer portal and the rumors with Tennessee started, I think he lost a lot of goodwill and was more focused on the clothing line than winning basketball games. This year also exposed a lot of issues with game management, even though he was still an elite passer.

I agree. He's made steady improvement at SLU and he would lend some stability to a whole new group. I'm also ready for a new point guard.