Transfers - 2023

ACE

25 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Ford is a waste of money and he must have some kind of personal dirt on May and Pestello to be playing them like this. 

Fords contract is why he is here, and unless he pulls off a .500 or worse record, he will be here for a few more years. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

what you are missing Roy, is the expectations of the fan were unwarranted based on the actual facts....

Perkins a shell of himself,

Pickett injured much of the season

Thatch, our best defender misses the last half of the season

The biggest mystery was the offense of Okoro, Ford and coaches can definitely take some of the blame for that...

Most of these facts aren't because of coaching they are because of life and circumstances. The life of a mid major is always going to hang on the edge, not sure why this is hard to understand as frustrating as it is...

This team should have won more than 21 games against that schedule without Perkins or Thatch even on the roster at all.  Would that have been close to a sweet 16 team? Hell no, but it is good enough for more than 21 against the schedule we played.

8 minutes ago, DOC said:

So Ford keeps his job because he has dirt on May or Pestello? Ok. 

Ignore everything substantive. You know Ford isn't good. I don't know why you are so intent on defending him.

Not a surprise - Davion Bradford is on the move again. Played sparingly for Wake. I was impressed after watching him during his freshman season at KSU, but I have not been impressed the last two seasons. I'm no longer interested.

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

This is what I don't understand. Yuri hero ball is been thrown around a lot as to why the season went wrong.  Why didn't Ford pull Yuri then, or get him to stop?  That's his job by definition. 

You can’t pull your “team leader, face of the program, coach on the floor, pro ready, number one point guard in the nation” what kind of a message would that send.  

I absolutely love when I open the “Transfers 2023” thread to maybe get some hope of potential fits for next season and beyond, and it is just another thread polluted with the same s*** about Travis ford.  I mean, who wouldn’t want to see the same stuff in literally every thread??  

billiCAN and CenHudDude like this

2 minutes ago, Slowry said:

You can’t pull your “team leader, face of the program, coach on the floor, pro ready, number one point guard in the nation” what kind of a message would that send.  

That he's the coach and this is his team. The big issue. 

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

This team should have won more than 21 games against that schedule without Perkins or Thatch even on the roster at all.  Would that have been close to a sweet 16 team? Hell no, but it is good enough for more than 21 against the schedule we played.

That’s pure speculation on your part, and you know it… tell me, how many players more could we have done with out and still won more than 21. The fact is your hatred prevents you from having any honesty. 

1 hour ago, Soderball said:

And also for the record I made this account during the Uncle Brad controversy. I vehemently defended the coach. I was totally wrong.

Every time I've defended a coach I've been wrong. Every time I've gone after a coach I've been right. I wanted to fire Crews the second we hired that bozo.

Please note this “ fan” was again unable to answer the simplest of questions.

38 minutes ago, laker119 said:

I absolutely love when I open the “Transfers 2023” thread to maybe get some hope of potential fits for next season and beyond, and it is just another thread polluted with the same s*** about Travis ford.  I mean, who wouldn’t want to see the same stuff in literally every thread??  

Yeah it’s unfortunate, but when a coach is this big of a distraction lingering over every aspect of the program, it’s time to move on.  Can’t move forward until we clean house. You see it in other sports all the time.  

Jesse Marsch probably didn’t deserve to be fired yet at Leeds, but when fans are consumed with the idea of replacing the coach, it just has to be done or you’ll lose the fans.  Right or wrong. 

1 hour ago, Soderball said:

He watched him play all year.

Give me a "low character" coach who wins any day.

You can go watch the Gorloks or Uncle Brad or whatever. Sad. Pathetic. $2,400,000 for "feel good" stories.

Agree with Soderball. The entire Billiken fan base could see he wasn't himself. Continued to start and  play while Parker and even Hughes sat without developing as the season went on. That's why it's called coaching  and Travis lacks the ability to " read the room " for some reason.  After 25 years that ability will not just develop magically . Perkins role needed adjusting early and it never did at the expense of the teams results . 

55 minutes ago, Slowry said:

Have you ever see a a Ford team that could set a pick?  

or use a pick.   the yuri circle around wide enough we could drive a pickup between the defender and yuri makes the screen pretty useless.  in fact i think more times than not an unsuccessful screen is the fault of the man with the ball.  

MB73, Slowry, aj_arete and 1 other like this

30 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Yes, you’re joking right, or do you just enjoy making a fool of yourself?

Not joking at all.  Watch how easily the defenders follow our guys through a pick.  Watch how often we go under or switch.  It has been a constant issue.  Yuri is terrible about using a pick.  

Billikenbooster likes this

17 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Yeah it’s unfortunate, but when a coach is this big of a distraction lingering over every aspect of the program, it’s time to move on.  Can’t move forward until we clean house. You see it in other sports all the time.  

Jesse Marsch probably didn’t deserve to be fired yet at Leeds, but when fans are consumed with the idea of replacing the coach, it just has to be done or you’ll lose the fans.  Right or wrong. 

I’m more of the mindset that if you’re still complaining and still think he may get fired, you’re just living in an alternate dimension.  Like I get it, I wish we could turn the page (fire him), but it’s just not gonna happen at this point in time so complaining about it for the next 8 months seems like an exercise in futility.

at the end of the day, looking forward with some sense of optimism/hope seems like a good idea to make the best out of the situation, but I haven’t suffered some of the scars that fans have since I’m on the younger side.  I admit that I certainly have a more naive perspective, no doubt about that.  

1 hour ago, laker119 said:

This. Can't we have a few threads where we go for information and opinions about the topic of the thread?

2 hours ago, Soderball said:

Ignore everything substantive. You know Ford isn't good. I don't know why you are so intent on defending him.

I’m not pro Ford, I’m anti you and your band of ford haters that have ruined the board. Keep interjecting your fire ford post in every thread and then start a new fire ford thread every other day. Good for you pricks. 

Billiken Rich likes this

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Not a surprise - Davion Bradford is on the move again. Played sparingly for Wake. I was impressed after watching him during his freshman season at KSU, but I have not been impressed the last two seasons. I'm no longer interested.

Correct. One of the slowest D-1 players in the country. Gave Armando Bacot a battle but not a high D-1 player.

3 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

and when they have injuries and problems they struggle....ask Dayton...again, that's why it's so hard to get in as a mid major they don't have the luxury of going 8-10 in conference play and getting a bid....they have to be almost perfect...

west virginia 7-11 in conference play, goes to ncaa tournament, fordham 12-6 in conference play with 25 wins doesnt sniff the nit.