Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the way things have gone the past several seasons, this has become the most exciting part of the year: "free agency" frenzy where transfer names gets tossed around like a drunk on boat and we all overvalue our incoming freshman recruits. 

almaman likes this

19 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

With the way things have gone the past several seasons, this has become the most exciting part of the year: "free agency" frenzy where transfer names gets tossed around like a drunk on boat and we all overvalue our incoming freshman recruits. 

I hate that I enjoy it so much.  Every time SLU shows up in the list of schools that reach out to a kid, and that kids stats fit perfectly in what we need, I immediately starting looking at final four locations. 

10 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Yea. Kinda like being a rams fan all those years with the draft…

Since entering the Portal sophomore Kevin Miller has been getting some traction St.Louis Richmond Oklahoma Santa Carla Have been reaching out the most 6’0 guard averaged 18.5 PPG and 5.3 APG In limited action this year

#TexasTech transfer Robert Jennings tells me he’s heard from the following schools since entering the transfer portal: St. Louis Tarleton St Bonaventure Bryant Houston Tulsa SMU New Mexico Colorado St Utah LA Tech

More schools to reach out to St. Francis PA transfer Josh Cohen: Iowa State Seton Hall Maryland Sam Francisco SMU Saint Louis

https://texastech.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/robert--jennings/12146

Could make some noise in the A10.

TTU struggled early kinda came on late until the coaching controversy got Adams fired. 

https://sfuathletics.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/josh-cohen/10081

Cohen good scoring,  decent rebounding #s

https://cmuchippewas.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/kevin--miller/4231

In 22 minutes scored 14 points and 4ast vs Marq

Good scorer FT% in the high 70s

dennis_w likes this

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Since entering the Portal sophomore Kevin Miller has been getting some traction St.Louis Richmond Oklahoma Santa Carla Have been reaching out the most 6’0 guard averaged 18.5 PPG and 5.3 APG In limited action this year

#TexasTech transfer Robert Jennings tells me he’s heard from the following schools since entering the transfer portal: St. Louis Tarleton St Bonaventure Bryant Houston Tulsa SMU New Mexico Colorado St Utah LA Tech

More schools to reach out to St. Francis PA transfer Josh Cohen: Iowa State Seton Hall Maryland Sam Francisco SMU Saint Louis

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF - Jack Nicholson Jack Nicholson ...

4 hours ago, ACE said:

Looks like Ford may have felt the heat.  This is a bit of a change from his earlier position he stated.

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

6’7 F Transfer Joshua Rivera has heard from the following schools since entering the portal - NIU, Northeastern, Tulsa, Stony Brook, Stetson, St. Bonaventure, George Washington, Umbc, Towson, Albany, Iupui, Saint Louis, Charleston Southern, Chattanooga, Marist, Indiana St, DePaul

Arent we looking at another Rivera too?  Would make 3. Thats pretty neat. 

Wow, a couple of guys who just hit the portal have already found new homes: Starling from ND to Syracuse and Hutson from Loyola to Northern Iowa.

I don't recall players in the portal finding homes so quickly - before March Madness has even started.

On 3/8/2023 at 10:36 PM, thetorch said:

Waiting with bated breath for next year's version of Rashad Williams that will lead us to the pillow fight game.

But you gotta admit that video of him vs the Spartys was impressive as hell! 

42 minutes ago, ACE said:

Wow, a couple of guys who just hit the portal have already found new homes: Starling from ND to Syracuse and Hutson from Loyola to Northern Iowa.

I don't recall players in the portal finding homes so quickly - before March Madness has even started.

Little surprised they didn’t take the time to evaluate their NIL opportunities. 

43 minutes ago, ACE said:

Crazy that they were able to hold their whole trfr recruiting process in under a week!

44 minutes ago, ACE said:

Starling is from Syracuse. 

15 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Crazy that they were able to hold their whole trfr recruiting process in under a week!

And of course there was no contact before they entered the transfer portal, otherwise that would be an NCAA infraction…😜

59 minutes ago, ACE said:

Are these guys that should be getting significant NIL money or no? It would make sense that the portal has two tiers: one consisting of NIL worthy players and everyone else in the other. I would expect Tier 1 guys to take longer to sign as they field competing offers. The Tier 2 guys make sense to sign quickly and get that scholly. College is expensive!