Very Interesting...

Schasz

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Actually it is good that May had to do this it shows people at the school at least have heard some concerns about Ford.  When the AD has to give a vote of confidence that means the idea is out there and they hear it.  Until now May never had to publicly address it. 

Exactly. First step in getting a new coach is the vote of confidence. 

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

we are constantly told yuri is that guy.   

After the SIUE loss CTF was raw in his answering of media questions.  He remarked how the team is very quiet. He even said that outsiders who visit make that remark to him. I take that to mean that there's a lack of vocal leadership.  YC does seem like a real quiet guy.  You can be a leader and be quiet but it's rare.

The most successful teams are player led. Players holding each other accountable. 

36 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

we are constantly told yuri is that guy.   

We are constantly told Yuri leads by example but isn’t a vocal leader. 
That’s nobodies fault. Some people aren’t the rah rah type leader and it’s not something that can really be taught. 

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Actually it is good that May had to do this it shows people at the school at least have heard some concerns about Ford.  When the AD has to give a vote of confidence that means the idea is out there and they hear it.  Until now May never had to publicly address it. 

You Ford hater are a joke.. May didn’t have to comment on Ford’s job security, he did so, BECAUSE HE WAS ASKED ABOUT IT DIRECTLY BY FRANK… it’s a sign of a weak argument when you continually have to lie and mislead to make your point.

AGB91 and HenryB like this

2 hours ago, White Pelican said:

Yeah, without any context it's hard to know what that means. Perhaps Fred initiated some of the extra meetings himself with questions or wanting clarifications.

7 interviews is SOP for WWT. Nothing special or unique to Fred. 

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

If I know one thing, it’s that Ford is an all time exaggerator/bullsh*****.   I’d be shocked if Fred has had 7 interviews for one position. 

It is almost impossible for me to believe the amount of false information posted on this site. It was Frank, whose son works for Worldwide, that commented on Fred’s seven interviews—Travis never said a word about it.  Yes, we have had some disappointing losses but we have had some damn good wins—Memphis, Providence, Drake( who dominated the MVC tournament) Dayton and road wins in conference. The amount of vitriol —and purely ignorant things said about Travis —is and are ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Schasz said:

He's not and that is why it was good he didn't transfer to UT!!!

Don’t worry your cbb watching will probably be over only a few days after us. You’re probably used to that by now tho. Last time your team made a second weekend?

the dust hasn’t settled from your performance last season. We all remember. Quit pretending you’re on our side and continue to be a front runner. 

fraud

oh and coaches and national media think he is one of the best five PGs in cbb but the fifth best team in their own conference wouldn’t be better with him 🙄 

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I agree that's why I was pining for C. Ramey in another thread.  25 years and the chemistry just hasn't been right. Who's the common denominator?

As to the AD vote of confidence in CTF today that's the beginning.  You don't have to do it unless there's mounting pressure.

We would have been just as disappointed in the regular season with Ramey here as we are now.  It is just how it goes in this era.

Schasz and slufan13 like this

I actually think Medley is more of that combo guard that you need and I think Vice could be better than French. But there are still so many holes on the roster for next year. I have my pessimism about the end result but I'm excited about prospect of really hitting the transfer portal hard. 

He has earned the Travis Fourth name and apparently May, Chaifetz, etc are happy with having highest paid coach in the league finish fourth but the transfer portal and NIL means you can completely turn it around in one off-season. 

Let's get it done in Brooklyn and build from there

7 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I actually think Medley is more of that combo guard that you need and I think Vice could be better than French. But there are still so many holes on the roster for next year. I have my pessimism about the end result but I'm excited about prospect of really hitting the transfer portal hard. 

He has earned the Travis Fourth name and apparently May, Chaifetz, etc are happy with having highest paid coach in the league finish fourth but the transfer portal and NIL means you can completely turn it around in one off-season. 

For the record they finished tied for second, but you knew that right???? 4th just sounds so much better to you haters…

AGB91 likes this

4 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

For the record they finished tied for second, but you knew that right???? 4th just sounds so much better to you haters…

I mean they're the 4 seed and went 1-4 against the top 3 teams in the league so yeah they finished 4th. If you lose a tiebreaker you don't get to claim finishing in that spot

5 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I mean they're the 4 seed and went 1-4 against the top 3 teams in the league so yeah they finished 4th. If you lose a tiebreaker you don't get to claim finishing in that spot

🤦‍♂️ 

Just now, wgstl said:

At the post you were replying to 

Yeah it's like if the Cardinals tied for the last wild card but lost the tiebreaker (don't play tiebreaker games anymore) and then the Cardinals bragged about being a playoff team. Well actually the Cardinals front office might actually do something like that. But you get the point 

majerus mojo likes this

25 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

As of now we have 1 starter for next year, Parker. I think THJ is still best suited as a bench player. Cian and LHJ are backups, as well along with vice. Momo and Thames are still a end of bench players imo. Gonna be a lot of fresh faces. 

28 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Soooo if the Bills finished second I guess George Mason finished 3rd? 

I was talking to some college buddies (mostly Mizzou fans) today.  They made a comment that they were surprised SLU got to 20 wins and finished 4th in the A10.  They thought it was much worse since I hadn’t been talking about the team.  They went as far to say that this kind of season isn’t a failure and is something to build on.

This is exactly our problem.  20+ wins and a double bye in the conference tournament is a really good season for a lot of teams.  We know we have miserably underachieved for most of the year, relative to expectations.  It’s for this reason it will be hard to move on from Ford