A10 Awards, Who Ya Got?

A10 will announce year end awards either tomorrow or Tuesday.  What do you think?

Player of the Year?  Do you go with the best player on the best team, or the player who is the best?  I'll go with door 2 and pick Holmes.  GW is pushing for Bishop, but I'll pick Holmes over Bishop and Baldwin.

Coach of the Year?  Urgo or Dambrot?  Rhodes get any votes?  Fordham was preseason pick 11 and finished T2.  Neptune left behind a nice core of players.  Duquesne was picked 15th and finished T6.  Dambrot pretty much brought in a new team.  Rhodes was supposed to be good and VCU met expectations.  Either of the first two work for me, but I'll go with Urgo.  (Which P5 school will go after him the hardest?)

First Team.  The A10 always picks 6.  I guess they don't know that only five play at a time.  Preseason first team was Loyer, Holmes, Oduro, Burton, Collins and Baldwin.  I got to have Bishop in there, so I'm dropping Loyer.  Burton finished T3th in scoring, so I'll keep him.

Second and Third teams, really whatever is fine.  Jimerson will be on one of those teams.  Okoro, maybe, maybe not.  Perkins probably not.  A couple of Fordham Rams will be in there, and Reynolds certainly deserves a spot. Our town's Nick Kern was second in FG% at 70.5% to Obinna's 74%, and Shriver lead the league in 3FG% at 48%, but I'm skipping all three.

Defensive Team:  What is your metric to pick?  Top 3 in Blocks were Tsimbila, Venning and Holmes.  Top 3 in Steals were Clark, Baldwin, and Rose.  Defensive plus minus, top 3 were Rose, Nunn and Camara.  Top 3 in Defensive Rebounds were Camara, Burton and Oduro.  Some players are picked simply on reputation rather than performance.  FWIW, I'll go with Holmes, Baldwin, Rose, Tsimbila, Clark, and  Camara. 

POY: Holmes

COY: Urgo (should be a lock imo)

First team: Holmes, Oduro, Baldwin, Collins, Bishop, Camara

Don’t follow the other teams enough to fill out the other teams but feel like Jimerson should be second team. 

We shouldn’t have anyone on the all defense team imo.

HoosierPal likes this

15 hours ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

POY: Holmes

COY: Urgo (should be a lock imo)

First team: Holmes, Oduro, Baldwin, Collins, Bishop, Camara

Don’t follow the other teams enough to fill out the other teams but feel like Jimerson should be second team. 

We shouldn’t have anyone on the all defense team imo.

Unless it's satire anyway...

36 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I noticed the SEC puts 8 on their first team and the ACC puts 5

Why stop at 8?  Put 12 or 15 on the first team.  By the time the get to the 3rd team, you might have Walk-On's on it.  Everyone gets a participation ribbon.

9 hours ago, DOC said:

Quisenberry went off for 35 on him. 

It was 27 but not far off.

Xavier Johnson of all people gave him 23 in the non-con. Wendell Green 22 pts. Noah Fernandes scored 26. Dae Dae Grant had 22. Jason Nelson had 17 off the bench and the dagger late in the game. And of course the aforementioned Ace Baldwin’s 37.

I’ll give him a little bit of credit for out playing Foster Loyer and Kendric Davis. But outside of those two, anytime we play a team with a talented lead guard they usually have their way. 

12 hours ago, thetorch said:

Yuri on any all-defense team 🤣

The voters don't watch the teams play.  Probably doesn't belong on the 1st team either.

Definitely not all-defense but there’s absolutely no way you can leave a guy averaging a double-double with assists off of first team. 

The numbers bvy opposing PGs have been posted.  Malacxhi Smith ate him up in Dayton.  Maryland trashed him.  Norris and Quinn attacked him in Chicago.  This one is befuddling to say the least.  First team All conference?  Yes.  All defensive team?  Not so much.  If we play Mason, Greg Politte is streaking right now.  We shall see.  If we play Richmond, is there a revenge factor against Nelson?  I hope so.

billiken_roy likes this