GDT: Dayton; No Joking Matter, Thank the Seniors

6 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Definitely show up to give props to the seniors, 100%.  But if the proposition of playing Dayton on a Friday night in the jewel of midtown isn’t enough motivation to show up as is, then we got serious issues.

If someone can't get up for this game no matter what, it's a personal problem.

Soderball and laker119 like this

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, willie said:

While I agree with this it is every true fans responsibility to stay and honor these players. 

it's a fan's responsibility to do whatever they want; we pay to be there. Get off the high horse. You can be supportive of people staying after and not be a jerk.

especially in the era of NIL these guys are paid pros. If you want to stay, stay. If you don't, get home safe and quick.

Hand-wringing about this subject is nuts. Advocate people stay, sure, good. There's nice words stated, it's a nice ceremony.

Attaching guilt trips to not celebrating paid athletes is nuts. Their families will be there. They will be fine. Donate to Cardinal Glennon hospital or the Shriner's or something if you want to make up your good deed points. Some perspective here, MBMs, please.

19 minutes ago, Soderball said:

especially in the era of NIL these guys are paid pros. If you want to stay, stay. If you don't, get home safe and quick.

Hand-wringing about this subject is nuts. Advocate people stay, sure, good. There's nice words stated, it's a nice ceremony.

Attaching guilt trips to not celebrating paid athletes is nuts. Their families will be there. They will be fine. Donate to Cardinal Glennon hospital or the Shriner's or something if you want to make up your good deed points. Some perspective here, MBMs, please.

I think I'm concerned less about the players feelings and more about optics for future recruits. Even then I'm not super concerned. Leaving early is just a lame move. I've been guilty of it more recently unfortunately.

34 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

If someone can't get up for this game no matter what, it's a personal problem.

I’m excited for this game because it’s Dayton and they need a win tonight to build confidence going into the tournament. 

But I was much more excited about this game in September than I am now. 

17 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I think I'm concerned less about the players feelings and more about optics for future recruits. Even then I'm not super concerned. Leaving early is just a lame move. I've been guilty of it more recently unfortunately.

Recruits are more interested in the size of the NIL program. Make a donation to the BVF if you want to support recruiting.

brianstl likes this

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Or they just witnessed the first 30 games.  

My excitement for this game is very forced. 
When they schedule game out I thought this was going to be a bloodbath for first place. The let down is greater than the excitement. 

brianstl likes this

I can see it now. We dominate in a wire to wire win tonight. Crowd is crazy. Yuri has 24 assists. Gibby hits 12 3s. Chaifetz takes the mic before senior night ceremony and offers Yuri and Gibby 7 figure deals to stay. Ford apologizes for the season to date. We get the 3 seed and dominate a sorry 6 seed in our first game before blowing out Dayton again. Then we face 5 seed George Mason after they upset VCU. Everyone is making flight arrangements for NCAA sites. We lose by 37. Gibby and Yuri go to Mizzou and Illinois respectively. 

22 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I can see it now. We dominate in a wire to wire win tonight. Crowd is crazy. Yuri has 24 assists. Gibby hits 12 3s. Chaifetz takes the mic before senior night ceremony and offers Yuri and Gibby 7 figure deals to stay. Ford apologizes for the season to date. We get the 3 seed and dominate a sorry 6 seed in our first game before blowing out Dayton again. Then we face 5 seed George Mason after they upset VCU. Everyone is making flight arrangements for NCAA sites. We lose by 37. Gibby and Yuri go to Mizzou and Illinois respectively. 

Speed kills, Del.