Detroit Mercy Antoine Davis...

Schasz

We didn’t get to see Pistol Pete on TV much but read every word we could find about him. Our local paper, several states away, would always have an LSU game story with the focus on how many Pete scored. We didn’t care if LSU won or lost, we just wanted to be amazed by his scoring total. Finally, late in his Sr. year, the LSU-Kentucky game was picked up by network TV so we actually got to watch the legend play.

Pete scored 64 while Kentucky’s Dan Issel scored 51 in Kentucky’s 121-105 win. Pete started the game by missing two layups which shocked us, but after that he was money. That was also the first time we could see Pete in warm ups, feeding teammates in the layup line with a variety of amazing passes. He was a self-described “basketball automaton” who had a largely miserable life off the basketball court, but, wow, what a life on it!!

He had finally found some happiness in his late 30s, but a congenital heart issue led to his sudden demise at age 40. 

16 hours ago, BANGheGOTit said:

C2C66F68-9E60-4DCC-911D-04BD8AC8FD08.thumb.jpeg.fc910d67f35b659c4763e7865935a09d.jpeg25 points away, passed up a breakaway to pass to a walk-on, and pulled with a little over a minute left.  One more game.

Looks like ESPN+ is carrying his game tonight. I'll plan to watch some of it and if he's getting close to surpassing Pistol Pete I would like to see it. 

7 hours ago, Schasz said:

Looks like ESPN+ is carrying his game tonight. I'll plan to watch some of it and if he's getting close to surpassing Pistol Pete I would like to see it. 

Missed a three pointer with 4 seconds to go to break the record. Pistol Pete still on top!!

16 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Missed a three pointer with 4 seconds to go to break the record. Pistol Pete still on top!!

Watched quite a bit of the game and YSU did double and triple team him a lot, and he ended up throwing up many contested 3's. Pistol Pete is resting comfortably tonight. 

37 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Watched quite a bit of the game and YSU did double and triple team him a lot, and he ended up throwing up many contested 3's. Pistol Pete is resting comfortably tonight. 

Thinking they will get a CBI bid for another game.