Double Bye Clinched?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

It's been my experience that Dayton and VCU both travel very well.  Of course, Dayton folks leave early due to their team losing out.  The others are middling.  Both St. Joe's and Temple (in the old days) traveled well down the 60-mile ACE to Atlantic City when we played this at Boardwalk Hall.  When SignKid graduated from Geedubya, well, there went their fan contingent.  One of my favorite memories was sitting with the Fordham Crew team.  The absurdity of that seemed appropriate; not so much this year.  

Fordhma looked like shite last night at Mason.  They didn't record a field goal over the last 16 minutes of the first half.  Yet trailed only by seven, 23 to 16, because Mason was just as inept.  How they took that to overtime was amazing.   And they lost it at the foul line in overtime, going 2 of 6 to start and falling behind to an Oduro-less lineup.  PG Ronald Politte took over.  Fordham also shot two of seven from the field in OT.  Overall, they shot 24% from the field and a horrid 12% from three.  Moore scored 21 but Quisenberry only 10 on 3-of-13 shooting.  Oduro had 17 but fouled out with 4 minutes to go.  Politte had 12, but he had 8 in the OT and assisted on two other dunks by Mason bigs.  Combined, the team had 33 turnovers and 55 fouls.  And Teddy Valentine was handing out technicals.  

Just another horrible display of A10 basketball.

Two of my brothers went to the Mason game last night after visiting me in St. Louis last weekend. We attended the SLU-Loyola game during their visit.  

After watching the first half of the Mason game, their texts basically consisted of “if the SLU team we saw last weekend loses to either one of these teams in the A10 tournament, the SLU MBB program should be disbanded….”

Unfortunately, they don’t know SLU like we do…..

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

It's been my experience that Dayton and VCU both travel very well.  Of course, Dayton folks leave early due to their team losing out.  The others are middling.  Both St. Joe's and Temple (in the old days) traveled well down the 60-mile ACE to Atlantic City when we played this at Boardwalk Hall.  When SignKid graduated from Geedubya, well, there went their fan contingent.  One of my favorite memories was sitting with the Fordham Crew team.  The absurdity of that seemed appropriate; not so much this year.  

Fordhma looked like shite last night at Mason.  They didn't record a field goal over the last 16 minutes of the first half.  Yet trailed only by seven, 23 to 16, because Mason was just as inept.  How they took that to overtime was amazing.   And they lost it at the foul line in overtime, going 2 of 6 to start and falling behind to an Oduro-less lineup.  PG Ronald Politte took over.  Fordham also shot two of seven from the field in OT.  Overall, they shot 24% from the field and a horrid 12% from three.  Moore scored 21 but Quisenberry only 10 on 3-of-13 shooting.  Oduro had 17 but fouled out with 4 minutes to go.  Politte had 12, but he had 8 in the OT and assisted on two other dunks by Mason bigs.  Combined, the team had 33 turnovers and 55 fouls.  And Teddy Valentine was handing out technicals.  

Just another horrible display of A10 basketball.

Fordham missed a point blank shot at the end of regulation that would have won the game, than went 0-4 at the FT line during one segment of OT, 2 of the misses by Moore, a good FT shooter, who was 11-12 at the FT line the rest of the game. 

37 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Can't spell Atlantic 10 without N-I-T.

If the Billikens fall to this…or rise to this, depending on your perception of the program and/or NIT tournament—I’m hoping Yuri has some vague illness and misses the game.  Just let it all end in Brooklyn if this is what we end up with.  Leave everyone but Rammer, Earl, Tate, LH2, Jimmerson, and 2-3 freshmen there and rent a suv back to STL and save jet fuel.

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

SLU did not “back in” to the Double Bye it actually earned. The double bye, whether a 3 or 4 seed, is based upon the entire body of A10 conference season work. Playing @VCU and Dayton the last 2 games is a scheduling sequence matter. Plus, by playing both twice, SLU is playing a tougher, unbalanced conference schedule than others. That is not a complaint, but it is a fact based reality. 

When you have to have somebody lose and you don't win to get in then that is backing into it. When in the season you play who ever is not the issue - had you played VCU and Dayton earlier in the season the loses would have reflected on your record regardless of when it happened.    MLB uses that term all the time and they have up to this year played an unbalanced schedule.  

1 hour ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

SLU did not “back in” to the Double Bye it actually earned. The double bye, whether a 3 or 4 seed, is based upon the entire body of A10 conference season work. Playing @VCU and Dayton the last 2 games is a scheduling sequence matter. Plus, by playing both twice, SLU is playing a tougher, unbalanced conference schedule than others. That is not a complaint, but it is a fact based reality. 

rr u running' a AI program of Old Guy?

wgstl likes this

27 minutes ago, almaman said:

rr u running' a AI program of Old Guy?

One theory is that Old Guy was actually an AI chat that the creators of it used the message board as a beta test for it. Like many of those AI chat boxes, it went insane. What I like about this theory is how it explains everything so well…

1 hour ago, White Pelican said:

Ford got a firm handshake and a hearty pat on the back from Chris May while they were setting up for the senior night festivities. And a few minutes later he got a hug from Dr. C.

Just sayin'.😉

Contract extension in the works?

1 hour ago, White Pelican said:

Ford got a firm handshake and a hearty pat on the back from Chris May while they were setting up for the senior night festivities. And a few minutes later he got a hug from Dr. C.

Just sayin'.😉

Dr c and fords hug was all I needed. Fords back.  Hope he gets it back together next year 

29 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Dr c and fords hug was all I needed. Fords back.  Hope he gets it back together next year 

This is why all the fire Ford talk is just a waste of time. There’s no chance he gets fired after this year. None. 

AGB91 and dennis_w like this

Ford handled the post game celebration vert well. His PR abilities are one of the reasons he’s going nowhere. His challenge will be to put together next year’s roster and remain relatively competitive. For what its worth I don’t expect any of the awardees to be back. Let’s see if he can succeed in the portal. 

billiken_roy and wgstl like this

10 hours ago, wgstl said:

knowing what i have been told, financially he was never in danger.   it will take a few years of prep work for Saint Louis University to be in a position to enact any sort of parting with ways folks. 

L

37 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

knowing what i have been told, financially he was never in danger.   it will take a few years of prep work for Saint Louis University to be in a position to enact any sort of parting with ways folks. 

Will be interesting to see if there are changes to the staff. 

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

You must be talking to people in the know,  so what’s the buyout your source said that we’re not able to meet? Every contract has a buyout and if someone knows we’re not going to pay it, they should also know how much it is.
He was never in danger because the people in charge of that decision are firmly in his corner. 

6 hours ago, willie said:

Ford handled the post game celebration vert well. His PR abilities are one of the reasons he’s going nowhere. His challenge will be to put together next year’s roster and remain relatively competitive. For what it’s worth I don’t expect any of the awardees to be back. Let’s see if he can succeed in the portal. 

May be in the minority here but with Ford back next season I’d prefer we wipe the slate completely clean. I’d be completely fine with none of the awardees coming back. Let’s dominate the portal. 

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

May be in the minority here but with Ford back next season I’d prefer we wipe the slate completely clean. I’d be completely fine with none of the awardees coming back. Let’s dominate the portal. 

I believe you will get your wish. 

17 hours ago, wgstl said:

7 minutes ago, willie said:

I believe you will get your wish. 

1 NCAA in 7 years...what do you refer to as getting it back together?

BC1764 likes this