Loyola GDT - What’s the difference between Basketball players and Soccer players?

billikenbill

15 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

IMO Ford’s best coaching jobs have come at times when we have little to no depth at all.  He’s forced to play 5 to 7 guys and no one else is really available.

He really struggles with substitutions.  Pulls certain guys after mistakes.  Fouls out his own players at the remotest sign of trouble.  Kills rallys by inexplicably subbing out key players when a lineup is rolling.  Buries random guys on the bench after they seemingly ad great runs earlier in the game.  On the flip side, seemingly forgets to give guys a breather once in a while & leaves them in almost the entire game (IMO he ran Jimerson ragged earlier in the year).

If Fords around, NIL crew would be wise to spend on 5-7 players & let the rest of the roster be practice fodder.

I am a Ford supporter, but I will admit that this is a legitimate criticism.  I will add to this that I think that Cisse should have gotten way more minutes than he has this season.  Why not?  Getting him experience and seeing what he can do should carry more weight than whatever contribution Forrester has given us this season, which, in case you can't tell, I don't think is much.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/26/2023 at 12:28 PM, almaman said:

<<Goodwin, Bess, Jordair, Conklin>>

3 guards & a hunk cited when dissing our bigs? I b confused by that?

Understandable read. I mean simply "winning players." Russell Westbrook, at this point, is still a good player but not a winning player. I don't just mean clutch. As I said, it's about basketball skill + grit + IQ. I think of those four as winning players. Our bigs can certainly help us win games, and have done so. But there's a struggle to understand down and distance. 

almaman likes this