Coaching Carousel-2023

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

I’m calling BS on this one..so everyone in town knows about this, but you’re the only one who can’t keep his mouth shut…. Not buying it…

I’m not saying this is true or not but courtside has broken news on more than one occasion.  
It’s not like some rando throwing crap against the wall and hoping something sticks. 

49 minutes ago, Soderball said:

if by some miracle Porter Moser would come back to SLU we would finally have peace and harmony on the board. Even the trolliest of trolls wouldn't find anything to complain about there.

Some Porter Moser facts:  19 years as a Head Coach with 2 NCAA appearances.  (Yes, yes I know Loyola went FF in a magical run.)  His teams won the conference title three times, but didn't make it to the NCAA one of those times.  At OU he has been a .500 coach. 

Not saying thumbs up or thumbs down, but I wouldn't be satisfied with two NCAA trips every 19 years. 

He is very much a great person. 

1 hour ago, kmbilliken said:

Maybe he wants to retire for a while. He’s made plenty of money and this season had to take a toll on him. Maybe he is just tired of the grind and wants a break.

I was thinking the same way. The old “we have agreed it’s time to part ways” line might be used and actually be true.

1 hour ago, kmbilliken said:

Maybe he wants to retire for a while. He’s made plenty of money and this season had to take a toll on him. Maybe he is just tired of the grind and wants a break.

Again I know nothing but man not even this season. Going back to losing his damned nephew, assistant coach and mentee and not taking some significant time away always surprised me and I’ve always said it wouldn’t surprise me if he was just worn out. 

I have an axe to grind with the OG poster of this rumor, that being said and agreeing with another poster. Homie has never really been a wolf crier, except the time he accused me of plagiarism. 

SLUMedBilliken15 and Bilzz like this

4 hours ago, dennis_w said:

If ford is getting fired, what is the upside delaying the announcement? portal is open, the new guy needs to get recruiting. i

Well May is not known for quick decisions but if this true I would guess they have somebody already hired.

4 hours ago, slufan13 said:

If it were going to happen, there is no way they would announce it during the same weekend that the women's team made their first ever tournament appearance. We'll see what happens but the delay in announcing wouldn't be a reason for me to believe it's untrue. Chris May's comments still make me think not but things change and boosters do talk if they've been approached about things 

The comments made by May were just the kiss of death vote of confidence.  I said then and it still stands in my opinion

2010andBeyond likes this

6 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Well May is not known for quick decisions but if this true I would guess they have somebody already hired.

No way this is May’s decision. Someone else, possibly Ford. I could definitely see Ford walking away. 

18 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

May is not the decider - don't kid yourself.  We already lived through this once before with Sodie and RM and Levick.  

I said this would be no way his call. What are you talking about?

2 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Ed Cooley to Georgetown all but confirmed. You figure St. John’s works a deal with Slick Rick which leaves providence college open. Wonder who they will land. Their message board seems to be high on Chris Mack

I don't think Mack is going to Providence.

3 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Ed Cooley to Georgetown all but confirmed. You figure St. John’s works a deal with Slick Rick which leaves providence college open. Wonder who they will land. Their message board seems to be high on Chris Mack

C. Mack to SLU, I don't want to get into bidding war with Providence.  I hear it's a nice town though.   What were they paying Cooley?

Who else is a Providence candidate?

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

C. Mack to SLU, I don't want to get into bidding war with Providence.  I hear it's a nice town though.   What were they paying Cooley?

Who else is a Providence candidate?

Cooley was making $3.3 million at Providence in 2020 and got raise before this season.