Coaching Carousel-2023

Just now, Schasz said:

So that means Chris May is 0fer in hiring the only real revenue sport at SLU. Time to change dance partners in the AD Chair too!!!

so you are bucking up the needed tens of millions of dollars to make that happen right?   great!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, billiken_roy said:

so you are bucking up the needed tens of millions of dollars to make that happen right?   great!

No, but SLU money people better as they are going to be looking at a crypt at Chaifetz Arena! Doubt SLU can afford to keep letting losers run their only revenue sport!!!

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Hendrickson

Kalish

Tillett

Shields

and DUH......

Don't think any of those hires are revenue producing sports at SLU. When I was attending Hoops was the Only revenue producing sport and that was when the excellent SLU mens soccer team won 2 NCAA titles in my 4 years!

1 minute ago, Schasz said:

No, but SLU money people better as they are going to be looking at a crypt at Chaifetz Arena! Doubt SLU can afford to keep letting losers run their only revenue sport!!!

you are definitely not an accountant are you 

saint louis university doesnt have a money machine in the basement of duborg.   you either totally overestimate the ability of our boosters are you are just trying to rile the passionate here at billikens.com   the mistake of your attempt to rile up the mbm's here is that collectively all mbm's together cant put the money together to do what you want.   

Just now, billiken_roy said:

saint louis university doesnt have a money machine in the basement of duborg.   you either totally overestimate the ability of our boosters are you are just trying to rile the passionate here at billikens.com   the mistake of your attempt to rile up the mbm's here is that collectively all mbm's together cant put the money together to do what you want.   

No, I'm a Finance Major with a MBA that was Finance and Marketing oriented. So I understand when the turnstiles don't click because fans lost interest in the product (SLU Hoops) then someone better be losing their job so the turnstiles start turning the right way. I also remember when I lived in St. Louis how fickle the sports fans can be with exception to the Cardinals baseball team. Please don't act like SLU is the sisters of the poor Roy...you know me and know I also attended SLU too!!! I also still have contacts in St. Louis!

By the way, I don't think I riled the MBM's up today! I've read several posts today and I think they were already riled up with the p!ss poor product they watched in the last 7 years. Last time I checked in the A-10 which is not anywhere near the P-5 I also watch the object every year is to get a NCAA Tourney Bid, and 1 in 7 doesn't seem to hack it with very many MBM's!

4 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

I don’t think he hired Majerus. Wasn’t Levick still here when Majerus was hired and she quit because Biondi hired him without her input.

Thanks for the correction...see he started at SLU in 2007. We moved from the Lou in 1996 and were living in Palm Harbor, FL in 2007. Saw a couple games Rick coached at SLU. Last great HC at SLU!!!

2 minutes ago, Schasz said:

No, I'm a Finance Major with a MBA that was Finance and Marketing oriented. So I understand when the turnstiles don't click because fans lost interest in the product (SLU Hoops) then someone better be losing their job so the turnstiles start turning the right way. I also remember when I lived in St. Louis how fickle the sports fans can be with exception to the Cardinals baseball team. Please don't act like SLU is the sisters of the poor Roy...you know me and know I also attended SLU too!!! I also still have contacts in St. Louis

No, you’re not going to get another Majerus type to take the job for SLU money-although Travis is doing pretty well. Whenever it’s time to hire another basketball coach, it will depend on the AD’s ability to have a strong handle on the “right” up-and-coming coach. It can work and it can fail. That’s what they pay the AD for.

1 minute ago, Marlow said:

No, you’re not going to get another Majerus type to take the job for SLU money-although Travis is doing pretty well. Whenever it’s time to hire another basketball coach, it will depend on the AD’s ability to have a strong handle on the “right” up-and-coming coach. It can work and it can fail. That’s what they pay the AD for.

There aren't anymore Rick Majerus out there. Hell, I'd be happy if we had an AD that would find the next Dennis Gates. I'm confident some AD who knows what they are doing will find that HC. After 7 years with only one NCAA Tourney I'd wager you're in the minority on Ford doing pretty well. This year his team pre-season wise the pundits had his SLU team as a lock for NCAA Tourney and sure Top 25 team. Once again another F grade!

46 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Sooooo f’n tired of you saying the same thing all the time.  You cry like a little beetch at some of us for the same thing.  Nobody knows if the funds are there or not.  If they make a change—the funds are there.  If like so many of you with inflated ideas of your self-importance are right—and the powers that be actually pay attention to this forum, then they need to hear the criticism.  Will it make a difference?  Who knows?  If the reports are correct, and Dr Chaifetz says he wants a National Champion in his lifetime (something like that), then who are you to say the money won’t be there?

SLU suffers from battered wife syndrome…..they never leave the current situation because they think they can’t do better than a Travis Ford or a Jim Crews….just like the wife doesn’t leave the husband because she doesn’t think she can do better. In reality they both should cut off ties and everyone would be way better off! SLU is the battered wife in this example. Again if SLU doesn’t make a change they aren’t serious about MBB program. They have the money to spend, St. Louis would support a winning program, if none of this is true why are 35k at xfl game right now, why did mls expand and build state of the art stadium and why do cardinals sell out every game? Blues are terrible and fans still show up to games. AND if we aren’t serious about winning why did we just invest building a champions center???? For what? And why are we way overpaying millions for a mediocre at best, retread head coach? If he’s so great why hasn’t a power 5 scooped him up, bc he turned them down, doesn’t want to make more money? Loves St. Louis so much? It’s bc nobody else wants him that’s why it’s insanity keeping him. If Chris May loves the guy so much fine, go on record and say if Travis doesn’t go to ncaa in next two years we both should be fired. Think he will do that? No way. Travis Ford isn’t the hill you want to die on defending. 

43 minutes ago, Schasz said:

What profound, volunteered, and truly enlightened commentary this is. Do you prefer Elmer’s Glue or Gorilla Glue? 

Littlebill likes this

1 minute ago, slu92 said:

SLU suffers from battered wife syndrome…..they never leave the current situation because they think they can’t do better than a Travis Ford or a Jim Crews….just like the wife doesn’t leave the husband because she doesn’t think she can do better. In reality they both should cut off ties and everyone would be way better off! SLU is the battered wife in this example. Again if SLU doesn’t make a change they aren’t serious about MBB program. They have the money to spend, St. Louis would support a winning program, if none of this is true why are 35k at xfl game right now, why did mls expand and build state of the art stadium and why do cardinals sell out every game? Blues are terrible and fans still show up to games. AND if we aren’t serious about winning why did we just invest building a champions center???? For what? And why are we way overpaying millions for a mediocre at best, retread head coach? If he’s so great why hasn’t a power 5 scooped him up, bc he turned them down, doesn’t want to make more money? Loves St. Louis so much? It’s bc nobody else wants him that’s why it’s insanity keeping him. If Chris May loves the guy so much fine, go on record and say if Travis doesn’t go to ncaa in next two years we both should be fired. Think he will do that? No way. Travis Ford isn’t the hill you want to die on defending. 

Are you going to Buck up for a restraining order?

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

What profound, volunteered, and truly enlightened commentary this is. Do you prefer Elmer’s Glue or Gorilla Glue? 

Thanks I thought it was rather insightful considering the circumstances with SLU's hoops program. Don't see how it has anything to glue unless you were sniffing it when you sent me this post???

2 minutes ago, Schasz said:

Thanks I thought it was rather insightful considering the circumstances with SLU's hoops program. Don't see how it has anything to glue unless you were sniffing it when you sent me this post???

You have beaten that dead horse into glue. Get it, got it, good. You started a 15+ page thread based upon a dated and incorrect basis. How about volunteering somewhere else, somewhere more productive?

7 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The big problem is starting next season is more teams in the A10 begin to move ahead of us.  Forget finishing in the top 4, we are going to have to fight to finish in the top half of the conference.

Agree!!!

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The big problem is starting next season is more teams in the A10 begin to move ahead of us.  Forget finishing in the top 4, we are going to have to fight to finish in the top half of the conference.

Duh, too many roster openings to fill to make that statement yet.  The Transfer Portal can make a huge difference ..... see Mizzou.  

50 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

If you can’t move on from Ford because you idiotically kept extending him at ever greater cost, you need to fire the AD who signed off on those extensions.  It is May’s job to prevent his only revenue program from being in that position.

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

You have beaten that dead horse into glue. Get it, got it, good. You started a 15+ page thread based upon a dated and incorrect basis. How about volunteering somewhere else, somewhere more productive?

I think I got your last rib...yes I do root for my wife of 44 years TN Vols just as she has those same years for SLU. Happy to say the Vols are going to the NCAA Tourney again as they do almost every year (How boring...Huh). Meanwhile my Alma Mater 1 in last 7 just doesn't cut it with me. Guess you are completely happy with that record so we'll NEVER AGREE on SLU Hoops even though we still root for them!

Just now, Schasz said:

I think I got your last rib...yes I do root for my wife of 44 years TN Vols just as she has those same years for SLU. Happy to say the Vols are going to the NCAA Tourney again as they do almost every year (How boring...Huh). Meanwhile my Alma Mater 1 in last 7 just doesn't cut it with me. Guess you are completely happy with that record so we'll NEVER AGREE on SLU Hoops even though we still root for them!

Your support of Tennessee is irrelevant on this board. Even your citing of 7 is in error since the NCAA Tourney was canceled in ‘20. You don’t win holding anyone responsible for an impossibility of performance.

You have no idea about me. Assume away in error, but drop your nonsense.

You have made your point, beaten a team of dead horses into glue. You are not getting what you want whether you make one or fifty posts making the same point. Stand down. 

billikenbill likes this

3 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Your support of Tennessee is irrelevant on this board. Even your citing of 7 is in error since the NCAA Tourney was canceled in ‘20. You don’t win holding anyone responsible for an impossibility of performance.

You have no idea about me. Assume away in error, but drop your nonsense.

You have made your point, beaten a team of dead horses into glue. You are not getting what you want whether you make one or fifty posts making the same point. Stand down. 

No team went to the NCAA in the Covid year! Travis Ford has been HC for 7 years and has 1 NCAA trip when his team had to win 4 games to get there. I was thrilled then but they did get drilled by VA Tech. No I don't know you, but what does that have to do about posting on a SLU fan website. Now I did know quite a few MBM's when I lived in the Lou and was a Billiken Club Member for years, as well as a season ticket holder for years.

Wow...BAB are you counting my posts??? if so, you have more time than I do! Stand down. That seems inappropriate from a fellow MBM. Whether I agree or disagree I'd NEVER say that to another MBM for any reason!

1 hour ago, Schasz said:

Don't think any of those hires are revenue producing sports at SLU. When I was attending Hoops was the Only revenue producing sport and that was when the excellent SLU mens soccer team won 2 NCAA titles in my 4 years!

So you are agreeing with me. Glad I could tell you something you didn’t know.