Coaching Carousel-2023

4 minutes ago, MusicCityBilliken said:

I saw the Bills play WKU in the 1980 Connecticut Mutual Classic in Hartford, they had Nolan Richardson as the coach. That was an Ekker team and WKU stomped the Bills.

Yeah ol' Nolan Richardson (Bowie High School El Paso TX) did alright at Arkansas.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Yeah ol' Nolan Richardson (Bowie High School El Paso TX) did alright at Arkansas.

My bad on this one, it was Clem Haskins. I corrected my post. Clem was All Ammerican at WKU and had all those issues at Minnesota years later. 

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

WKU has a basketball history that is surprisingly good. They have been to the Sweet 16 six times.

Yeah so what I'm saying is no way they take CTF off our hands.

I'm hopeful for a surprise firing like that Soderberg situation.  It came as a surprise.  Fingers crossed Chris Mack......Greg Marshall......come on Dr. C.  

2 minutes ago, MusicCityBilliken said:

My bad on this one, it was Clem Haskins. I corrected my post. Clem was All Ammerican at WKU and had all those issues at Minnesota years later. 

Yeah I should've known better he was at Tulsa before Arky.  Tulsa is another program with a history of hiring good coaches.

Whoa check out this list of Tulsa HC that won Coach of the year.  How many went on to win a National Championship?

from WIkipedia

Awards[edit]

Coach of the Year

• Clarence Iba – 1955 – MVC
  • Joe Swank – 1967 – MVC
  • Ken Hayes – 1969, 1973 – MVC
  • Nolan Richardson – 1981, 1985 – MVC
  • J. D. Barnett – 1987 – MVC
  • Tubby Smith – 1994, 1995 – MVC
  • Bill Self – 2000 – WAC
  • Danny Manning – 2014 – C-USA
  • Frank Haith – 2020 – AAC

1 minute ago, MattyMo213 said:

When does ford announce he’s taking the Kentucky job?

After Texas hires Cal. But probably never.  I think they'd rather have Ashley Judd coach.  I would too.

4 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Yeah so what I'm saying is no way they take CTF off our hands.

I'm hopeful for a surprise firing like that Soderberg situation.  It came as a surprise.  Fingers crossed Chris Mack......Greg Marshall......come on Dr. C.  

We don’t need Greg Marshall. 

Marlow and rgbilliken like this

4 minutes ago, slu72 said:

We don’t need Greg Marshall. 

Why baggage?  People can learn from their mistakes.  Dude was really good. 

3 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Marshall taunted his players. Who would want to play for him? There’s all kinds of baggage but berating players crosses the line. 

Understood but they did play and play well.  Maybe he's learned from it.  Just a sucessful Midwest available coach.  But the point is probably moot for now.

Rodney Terry wins B12 Tournament at Texas. Not sure how many games he needs to win in NCAA Tournament to be hired.  I fear he's a Crews because he's never had success anywhere else and he's doing it with a staff, team constructed by Beard. Of course Dick Vitale only mentioned Texas keeping him 800 times.   I just read there's possible interest in Donovan as he's on the hot seat in Chicago. 

8 hours ago, JettFlight5 said:

That’s why we are here. Not trying to be a Richard here…but we can have different ideas and both still be fans.

There’s a possibility that May hangs on to Ford too long and they both wind up fired. 

thatskablamo likes this